• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Adding Evolutionary Stones

This might not be so simple, but I can't figure out where else to post it.

Is there any way to change certain unused items to the evolutionary stones from Generations IV and V? These being the Shiny Stone, Dusk Stone, and Dawn Stone. I've tried using Item Editor to change the unused Red Orb in my Ruby hack to the Shiny Stone. I used Pokemon Amplifier (as YAPE does not allow this) to set Sentret (replaced by Minccino in my hack) to evolve with a Red Orb (again, replaced with Shiny Stone). In Item Editor, I repointed the description to the one for an evolutionary stone and changed it to go in the item bag. But, when I try to use it, I get the "There's a time and place for everything" message. How can I fix this, if possible?

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
I can't get my Warp and Sign Post events to appear on the map I'm editing.

If you're using AdvanceMap, new events you create always appear in the top-left corner. Also, you may have "show sprites" turned on. You have to turn that off to see non-person events. Click the button that has the picture of the hero to toggle "show sprites" on and off.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Now I'm having trouble figuring out how to get the warps to go to a certain map. Also I don't know how to add my own text to the sign posts either.

Zepp710

Fearaligatr
Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2011
is there any way to put the physical and special type system that exists in gen IV into gen III games? If so then that would be really cool.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
On Advanced Map when I placed Oak in a different spot on FireRed I can't get him to walk up to my character anymore.

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
On Advanced Map when I placed Oak in a different spot on FireRed I can't get him to walk up to my character anymore.

Sounds like all you did was move the sprite? If so, your going to have to either edit the script tile that activates his movements and add more movement commands to match the needed steps or create a new script. The reason for this is hat the script specifies that Oaks sprite is set to move a set amount of movements and not just to get to the player.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
How do I edit scripts?.......

First, download PKSV here, it's the script editor I use. Then, set up AdvanceMap to use PKSV as the script editor. To do this, go to Settings > Choose Script Editor, then navigate to pksvui.exe. For more information on editing specific aspects of scripts, go to the Script Help Thread here. Note that script editing can be complicated and confusing; take your learning of scripts little by little.

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
Years
Sorry if this has already been asked but I wasn't sure what exactly to search, anyways...

How do I remove/change the script that sends the player back to his mother after all of his Pokemon die. (This only occurs before reaching the first pokemon center.)

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Now I'm having trouble figuring out how to get the warps to go to a certain map. Also I don't know how to add my own text to the sign posts either.

Adding your own text is part of scripting.

For the warps, you will see the information of the selected warp in the right pane. It shows which map number it goes to, which warp on that map it goes to (they start at 0), and which map bank that map is contained in. You can see the map's map bank and map number listed next to the map name in the left pane like this (map bank, map number). This image explains information of a warp in Littleroot Town that goes to the player's house.

AdvanceMapDemo.png

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2012
does anybody have the offsets of all of the textboxes in fire red for unlz and a place i can find dppt textboxes?

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2018
I am having issues putting new sprites in Pokemon Fire Red.
I have followed the tutorials about Indexing the sprites then inserting them with UNLZ-GBA. When I use Advance trainer, the sprite shows up fine, but when I verse the trainer in game, the screen goes black. I can still hear the music though.
Any ideas on what i'm doing wrong?

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
I am having issues putting new sprites in Pokemon Fire Red.
I have followed the tutorials about Indexing the sprites then inserting them with UNLZ-GBA. When I use Advance trainer, the sprite shows up fine, but when I verse the trainer in game, the screen goes black. I can still hear the music though.
Any ideas on what i'm doing wrong?

Most likely is that the sprites were written to an offset without enough free space. Use Free Space Finder to find an offset that has enough space. When you import the sprite, first make sure the auto-abort box is checked. It will say "compressed size is ___" which is too big. First, convert it to decimal (PKSV and a certain version of FSF can do this). Then search that decimal number in FSF. After this, copy the offset and paste it into "image offset" in UnLZ. Make SURE "Automatically fix pointers" is checked. It won't display in UnLZ, but it will show in the ROM, A-Trainer, etc. Hope that works out for you!

______________________________________________________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________________________________________

In my Ruby hack, I replaced Shedinja with Eelektross. I removed the Wonder Guard ability, but Eelektross now only has 1 HP like Shedinja. Is there any way to remove this so Eelektross gets HP like any other Pokemon? This is shown in the screenshot below.

Screenshot.png

Last edited:

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Most likely is that the sprites were written to an offset without enough free space. Use Free Space Finder to find an offset that has enough space. When you import the sprite, first make sure the auto-abort box is checked. It will say "compressed size is ___" which is too big. First, convert it to decimal (PKSV and a certain version of FSF can do this). Then search that decimal number in FSF. After this, copy the offset and paste it into "image offset" in UnLZ. Make SURE "Automatically fix pointers" is checked. It won't display in UnLZ, but it will show in the ROM, A-Trainer, etc. Hope that works out for you!

In my Ruby hack, I replaced Shedinja with Eelektross. I removed the Wonder Guard ability, but Eelektross now only has 1 HP like Shedinja. Is there any way to remove this so Eelektross gets HP like any other Pokemon? This is shown in the screenshot below.

Screenshot.png

Have you edited it's base stats?

baladamy

Maybe One day I'll Be a Mod...
Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2013
1. does anyone know where or how to get a b/w tileset for firered?? and by that, i mean i can insert it through AM without doing anything else?

2. i found this tileset that looks AWESOME and i want to put it on my hack. I tried through AM and it didnt work. How do u "convert" the tileset for use in AM??

(answr #2 first if u find an "unconverted b/w tileset)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back