• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Football/Soccer Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arma

The Hyena
Years
(I'd rather see Madrid lose though, I think it's easier for us to beat Barça than our stupid neighbours XD).
Uhm this sentece is a bit confusing to me ^^; Care to explain?

Anyway, I've only seen the second half of that game, but really it wasn't with the ref's stupidity and Puyol's injury

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Uhm this sentece is a bit confusing to me ^^; Care to explain?

Anyway, I've only seen the second half of that game, but really it wasn't with the ref's stupidity and Puyol's injury

Oh easy:

1- Barça 18 pt
2- Atlético Madrid 16 pt
6: Real Madrid 10 pt

Ever since we came back to primera after our 1998 relegation, we have never beat R. Madrid in a league match. We have beat Barça several times though. So I'd rather have Madrid lose and increase the gap between us and then fight Barcelona in our face-to-face matches than let Madrid get close and go to the derby with the usual pressure XD

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Just here for my weekly sigh.

9yWzI.png

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2013
^:( And things were starting to look up for you guys too...

Man Utd supporter here. So far, so good...

EDIT: Oh, you're a Norwich fan? I take that back then ;p

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I'm going to download the match I just watched.

Depor 4 - 5 Barça

It was one of the best matches ever ever ever.

0-1 Jordi Alba Min 3

0-2 Tello Min 8

0-3 Messi Min 18

1-3 Pizzi (Pen) Min 27

2-3 Álex Bergantiños Min 37

2-4 Messi Min 44

3-4 Pizzi Min 47

-Mascherano RC'ed for double yellow, Barça down to 10

3-5 Messi Min 78

4-5 Jordi Alba (og) Min 79

I'm just bouncing all over the house.

Gabri

m8
Years
I didn't watch it, but I saw the goals. And what a match it must have been.

And that Messi guy, and I quote Benfica's manager, is indeed "an extraterrestrial".

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I'm pretty happy with today - there's the obvious United vs Chelsea, and any day where Chelsea loses (and gets two men sent off wheeeee) is a good day, but even better - Spurs 2 - 1 Southampton. Although we kinda fell apart in the second half, it was a much-needed win for us. If only we'd won against Chelsea last week, we'd be top of the league right now. ]:

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2019
Torres and Ivanovic expulsions within 5 minutes... seriously? "Ferggie" making noise against the referees as always, sometimes it works... what a robbery dude...

Carter

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2014
Ivanovic's red card was justified. Being the last man, he was itching for a red card. But, ultimately, Young made the most out of it and forced the referee's hand. Now, for the second card, Evans was clearly looking to tackle Torres and there was - albeit minimal - contact. How Torres was adjudged to have dived when Evans was clearly going his leg is beyond me. Not to mention Javier's offside goal. These kind of decisions need to be considered thoroughly, even if they take a few minutes. It was a weak and questionable display from the referees. This happened TWICE this season now for United: against Liverpool (who by the way were robbed of a perfectly legitimate goal in the dying minutes) and today.

I feel for the Chelsea fans. They didn't deserve to lose. They displayed more will even with 9 men. Nobody, except unreasonable United fans maybe, will truly acknowledge this win as a deserved one.

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2019
I'm really up to this... It's not the first season that a referre decision makes the balance move to one side. I encourage FIFA/UEFA to introduce real time technology in the matches (like in tennis, for example)

Dr.Kotov

& the symptoms.
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2012
Ivanovic's red card was justified. Being the last man, he was itching for a red card. But, ultimately, Young made the most out of it and forced the referee's hand. Now, for the second card, Evans was clearly looking to tackle Torres and there was - albeit minimal - contact. How Torres was adjudged to have dived when Evans was clearly going his leg is beyond me. Not to mention Javier's offside goal. These kind of decisions need to be considered thoroughly, even if they take a few minutes. It was a weak and questionable display from the referees. This happened TWICE this season now for United: against Liverpool (who by the way were robbed of a perfectly legitimate goal in the dying minutes) and today.

I feel for the Chelsea fans. They didn't deserve to lose. They displayed more will even with 9 men. Nobody, except unreasonable United fans maybe, will truly acknowledge this win as a deserved one.

Anyone neutral who can possibly sum up things with objectivity like this gets my respect.
What club do you support?

Chelsea vs United again, tonight at the Bridge.
Us knocking out United from the Capital One Cup might as well be worth the PL loss.
Still a tragedy to any supporter, unfortunately.

Carter

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2014
Anyone neutral who can possibly sum up things with objectivity like this gets my respect.
What club do you support?

Chelsea vs United again, tonight at the Bridge.
Us knocking out United from the Capital One Cup might as well be worth the PL loss.
Still a tragedy to any supporter, unfortunately.

I'm a Leeds fan. Not so big on them being in the Championship, but I still have hope.

Dr.Kotov

& the symptoms.
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2012
21 goals in 2 games? Don't know what to expect from the league cup from now on. But what a game that was.. Each time we went down.. Tense doesn't begin to describe it.

Haha, Chelsea's drawn Leeds for our next match in the League Cup. Good luck.

Carter

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2014
And I'm hoping we can spring a surprise, but that would be highly unlikely. Chelsea, Arsenal and Swansea have a great chance at this cup.

Yesterday's game was pretty awesome. Despite Chelsea having decisions against them AGAIN (like the blatant penalty, Giggs clear red and Keane's obstruction of Sturridge which warranted a red IMO), Chelsea were able to win. I was impressed with Moses a lot. Sturridge started terrible; losing control of the ball too frequently, trying to dribble multiple defenders and shooting wide. That changed when he scored. He looked more confident in his play and actually was involved in a lot of dangerous attacks. It was pity for Chelsea to concede goals from mistakes, but all in all, deserved win.

Years
Need to stop drifting away from this place...

Anyway, kind of annoyed with the Carling Cup draw, I feel Swansea Away is the worst draw we could've possibly had a Boro fan. Long distance to travel, not as big a club as Arsenal and Chelsea and yet still not much chance of an upset. We've played away twelve times in a row in the league cup as well which is getting quite ridiculous, I suppose if we do spring a surprise then we have to play at home for one of the semi final legs.

Still after the victory against Sunderland, I suppose anything is possible.

Dr.Kotov

& the symptoms.
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2012
And I'm hoping we can spring a surprise, but that would be highly unlikely. Chelsea, Arsenal and Swansea have a great chance at this cup.

....(cont)

Added respect for your team during the matchup.
Not to be cocky, but we're still going to win. Hope it's a good match!

Heartbreak, every-time we went down after making it level. Nani's goal is one I must admire through, great movement and what a finish. Though, trumped by Hazard's final card for setting up Ramires & his own slick finish. Mata was clearly tired as the match had only begun...playing the whole 120 minutes & after he was denied the clear penalty, I felt for the guy. His morale..is the key to our team, our attack. His look..through most of the match made me worry. After all, when a person like Mata is treated unfairly, everything feels unjust. His freekick was inches off...inches.

Sturridge, ah Sturridge. Landed a couple of shockers last night, didn't he? Open goal...two players he could've passed to. Yet he still tried to curl it in...the keeper was beat. A pass was the only difference. Sturridge needs more time. However..his appearance has showed me how vital Torres can be for our midfield. Nice to see someone shoot though.

Moses + Ramires.
There is not enough I can possibly say about their performances.
But, given Mata's injury. Moses is probably starting tomorrow. He deserves it.

All about the Premier League tomorrow...
Wish any gunners here a good game against United. Win it.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Whelp, went to a match over here today to see Del Piero play for Sydney, given it'd be neat to see a legend of the game and etc. But he did not turn up! =(

Ah well, I'll take my team's entertaining 7-2 win over Sydney instead then. =D Was well worth it, if unexpected!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back