• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Pyrite

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
One other question, is there a physical/special split like in 4th gen and up? I ask because there's no indication there is a split, so I wanna be sure before I screw up on movesets.

And can we have spreadsheets on base stats for the fakemon?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 23, 2016
ty for reply on my questions and i have another question some pokemon their exp for next lvl become higher then lower for example pinombre's exp for lvl 48 is 8400 for lvl 49 10500 and for lvl 50 is 8900 is that normal?

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
Years
One other question, is there a physical/special split like in 4th gen and up? I ask because there's no indication there is a split, so I wanna be sure before I screw up on movesets.

And can we have spreadsheets on base stats for the fakemon?

There is a phys/spec split. For now, all the data on fakemon's stats and moves can be found in PBS/pokemon.txt. I'll try to work on a better table for it later, but for now, I hope that suffices.

ty for reply on my questions and i have another question some pokemon their exp for next lvl become higher then lower for example pinombre's exp for lvl 48 is 8400 for lvl 49 10500 and for lvl 50 is 8900 is that normal?

I think that's a bug with the version of Pokemon Essentials that I used. It's very old and fragile. I would have updated it but doing so would have broken many different scripts that I used. That, and I wasn't able to get a beta tester for this thing, so I had to play through it multiple times myself to make sure everything didn't break.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 15, 2023
So, I'm at victory road. I enter the door after the guy checks my badges, and instead of properly entering the cave, I spawn behind the light of the entrance. I can leave, but I can't progress through the cave at all. I guess I'm technically IN the map?

thepsynergist

Years
So, I'm at victory road. I enter the door after the guy checks my badges, and instead of properly entering the cave, I spawn behind the light of the entrance. I can leave, but I can't progress through the cave at all. I guess I'm technically IN the map?

Damn, forgot to check that... Replace Map312.rxdata in your data folder with this one. You should teleport where you're supposed to.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/76ltnmle478h605/Map312.rxdata

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 15, 2023
Perfect, thank you! Also a quick question, those empty caves with the pillars and stage looking things, are those for legendaries after the elite 4?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 25, 2017
How do I use Brilliant Stone on Buzzkaw?

It tells me "Can't use that here." when I click on "USE"

thepsynergist

Years
How do I use Brilliant Stone on Buzzkaw?

It tells me "Can't use that here." when I click on "USE"

Bug with evolution involving custom evolution stones. I'll try to figure out how to fix it, but I can't do it tonight. It used to work. Gotta love old engines I guess... >.<

thepsynergist

Years
Okay, I found the problem, and I'm kicking myself at how easy it was to figure out once I found it. Apparently, I never defined the "Brilliant Stone" in PokemonDefaultItems. You can download Scripts.rxdata from the following link to replace it, or if you want to do it yourself in RPG Maker, go to line 679, and replace line 679-680 with the following:

Spoiler:
The ':S' is just an ':_S' minus the '_'

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/5p6lp03u88pf5ly/Scripts.rxdata

Also, would anyone be interested in me playing this on Twitch? Scouting interest.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 8, 2021
Great game, I can recommend it. I enjoyed playing as a Rocket, without being too edgy.

I found some bugs for you! I haven't updated to your most recent version so you may have fixed some of these.

Spoiler:

thepsynergist

Years
Thank you for finding those bugs. It means a lot. I'll fix all those bugs and update by this Saturday at the latest. I'm going to be livestreaming this game at Saturday, November 5th at 9am PST, so come check it out if you're curious.

With so many teleport events scattered through the 476 maps in the game, I'm bound to miss a few. That and the fact that I forgot to disable access to the PC when in "event" mode.

EDIT: I fixed all those but the TM's, as I forgot where I placed most of them. I know that you get TM03 from Orewell, but I can't figure out where I put the second one. You also get Giga Drain from Sean so I can't find the second one of that. I know where I put the second Earthquake, so thank's for that heads up.

Last edited:

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I think the Water starter is the most interesting, so I vote for that.

EDIT: Can you choose a Kanto starter apart from the Fakemon starters? If yes, I'll vote for Bulbasaur too.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
wait a minute did I miss something? I encountered Lance for the first time, and Silver acts like they had already met in the game in spite of the amnesia he's dealing with. For context I just got out of the desert after getting the first badge. If this is intentional, might I change up the dialogue some? Because they act like they've met already somewhere.

thepsynergist

Years
wait a minute did I miss something? I encountered Lance for the first time, and Silver acts like they had already met in the game in spite of the amnesia he's dealing with. For context I just got out of the desert after getting the first badge. If this is intentional, might I change up the dialogue some? Because they act like they've met already somewhere.

I had to double check the dialogue when you said that, but from what it says, "You look familiar, who are you?" doesn't necessarily mean that he remembers him. He's already been dealing with amnesia at that point, so he's not sure what to believe. Lance tells him that he used to fight with him against the Mask of Ice, however, Silver doesn't believe him at first.

Also, for those that see this, I'm continuing Part 3 of the Livestream run at about 2:15pm today. Hope to see you there. Once the run is done, an updated version of this game will be released.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
odd when I played I read an entirely different sentence. Still, I would have expected a much more severe reaction from Lance I think. But thats just my opinion.

thepsynergist

Years
It's possible you got my first version, but it's been changed since then. I remember fixing it a while ago, but I could have sworn it was long before I released this game... Either way, it makes sense in the most recent version.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 18, 2019
great hack , loved every minute of it, the boss battles seemed important and the fakemon were nice on the eyes :). I have a couple of questions and a feed back
q1 spoiler....if I beat arcures...is that end of the game....no way to see blane or lt surge?
q2 could you add difficulty to the tirade card shop, I really enjoy that mini game and love to see some kind of mini contest with that.
and a suggestion , another spoiler so don't read if you don't want a spoiler I think with pyerce mask of ice.... I think the laprases should of risked there lives for saving his life somehow...some kind of attack or natural disaster....and he swears he will bring back the lapras who saved his life. I think he just lost them somehow...I think it bring more meaning to the end. anyways thanks for memories man, your perspective of a pokemon game was a true joy . thanks

thepsynergist

Years
great hack , loved every minute of it, the boss battles seemed important and the fakemon were nice on the eyes :). I have a couple of questions and a feed back
q1 spoiler....if I beat arcures...is that end of the game....no way to see blane or lt surge?
q2 could you add difficulty to the tirade card shop, I really enjoy that mini game and love to see some kind of mini contest with that.
and a suggestion , another spoiler so don't read if you don't want a spoiler I think with pyerce mask of ice.... I think the laprases should of risked there lives for saving his life somehow...some kind of attack or natural disaster....and he swears he will bring back the lapras who saved his life. I think he just lost them somehow...I think it bring more meaning to the end. anyways thanks for memories man, your perspective of a pokemon game was a true joy . thanks

I'm really glad you liked it.
Spoiler:

This version of Pokemon Essentials is so old, that I couldn't add difficulty levels to the Triad game. I wanted the script that let expanded on this game, but it wasn't compatible, and I couldn't figure out how to make it compatible...

Also, with the Mask of Ice thing, I wanted it to be a shock. I wanted it to just happen, I didn't want to romanticize how they died. If it was a sudden shock, it would have made more sense how it broke the Mask of Ice emotionally. I hope that makes sense.

Back