• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Random Pokemon Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mochika Rage

sickening, no?
Years
  • Age 23
  • uk
  • Seen Oct 1, 2017
Forum Username: Mochika Rage
Game Version: Emerald
Number of Pokemon: 6
NFEs: No
National Dex: No
Restrictions: One pokémon that can use fly, if possible.
Previous Progress: No

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 4, 2014
Your team is:

Shifty
Gorebyss
Flygon
Swalot
Ninjask
Solrock

If you can't get Gorebyss due to trade, tell me I will reroll

Mochika Rage

sickening, no?
Years
  • Age 23
  • uk
  • Seen Oct 1, 2017
I can't get Gorebyss, sorry! Could you reroll plase?

NFEs: Yes, but at least 1 FE.

I changed my mind about NFEs. ^-^

Last edited:

Kratos184

pokémon heart gold is cool
Years
Challenge log #1

Ok so as my starter I obviously took Torchic. When I could finally start catching pokémon my first mission was to get a wurmple which evolves into Cascoon. I took me all my pokéballs but after killing every zigzagoon, poochyena and wingull in the vicinity, some ralts and even one surskit (nooo) my fifth wurmple finally evolved into a cascoon. Needless to say I evolved it into a Dustox named "Karin" in no time.

By the time I challenged the first gym my torchic, which is called "Luffy" by the way, was already well on his way in becoming a Blaziken, having already evolved into combusken. I beat Roxanne and her trainers with Combuskens double-kick, that move being the only move which was quite effective against her rock pokémon.

After defeating the team aqua grunt with ease I took the boat to Dewford, but not before catching zigzagoon and shroomish and calling them both "HM Slave". In Dewford I trained a little bit in the cave before challenging the leader. By this time Dustox had learned the psychic move "Confusion" and he easily solo'ed the entire gym, gaing levels as his reward. After finding Steven en noticing I didn't have cut yet I got it back in Rustboro, a few moments later I set sail to Slateport, which concludes my first log.

Team Progress:
Blaziken: Is a level 21 Combusken called Luffy right now, with the following moves:
Double kick
Peck
Focus Energy
Ember

Dustox: Caught, lvl 18, called Karin. Moves:
Protect
Confusion
Poison Sting
Gust

Starmie: Not caught yet
Seadra: Not caught yet
Baltoy: Not caught yet
Armaldo: Not caught yet

Badges: 2

I can't get Gorebyss, sorry! Could you reroll plase?

NFEs: Yes, but at least 1 FE.

I changed my mind about NFEs. ^-^

Randomized for you, you've got:
Mudkip, Carvanha, Grimer, Cacturne, Feebas, Swablu

Now that's an actual challenge

Last edited by a moderator:

Mochika Rage

sickening, no?
Years
  • Age 23
  • uk
  • Seen Oct 1, 2017
Thanks! I guess that's pretty good, but there are three water types which will be awkward. I've used Mudkip before, but the others might be pretty awkward. At least I have a starter!

I'll update when I've got my first badge or caught my first pokémon (obviously not including Mudkip), whichever comes first.

Kratos184

Years
Challenge log #2

After arriving and slateport and defeating a lot of trainers around slateport, Mauville, and verdanturf town I was time for me to challenge Watson. I know he wasn't gonna be a big deal for my Combusken and Dustox and just like with Roxanna, Luffy's double-kick solo'ed the whole gym.

This opened up a lot more place for me to go and further train my Pokémon and in now time I had acquired the second member of my team: Blaziken! I used him to take out the fourth gym, which was a fire one. But not after defeating team Aqua once again, which was actually the hardest thing up until this point. Having totally overleveld my Luffy so he would evolve into Blaziken quickly I had no problem with Flannery's gym at all, getting my fourth gym badge.

Now for the moment I had been waiting a long time, my chance to catch two team mates at once! I'm talking of course about Baltoy and Anorith (which will later evolve into Armaldo). It was Dustox' task to defeat all the desert trainers and catch Baltoy, but he died before encountering a Baltoy, which meant I couldn't lower it's HP when I finally found it. No worries though, I caught it with the first great ball I threw. Moments later I grabbed the Claw Fossil, travelled to Rustboro to revive it and now here I am, no trainers left to challenge, standing in front of my Father's gym. Let's see if Double-kick can solo one more time!

Team Progress:
Blaziken: Caught, his name is Luffy and he is lvl 39 now, moves:
Double kick
Peck
Strength
Blaze kic

Dustox: Caught, lvl 32, called Karin. Moves:
Protect
Psybeam
Moonlight
Gust

Baltoy: Just caught, lvl 20, called Seikai. Moves:
Mud-slap
Psybeam
Rock Tomb
Selfdestruct

Armaldo: Is an anorith called Mougou right now, lvl 20. Moves:
Scratch
Harden
Mud Sport
Water Gun

Starmie: Not caught yet
Seadra: Not caught yet

Badges: 4

Years
Completed my FR/LG Random Pokemon Challenge. Still working on Light Platinum one though - it's pretty hard since I don't know where to find those pokemon D:

Anyways here is the hall of fame:

Spoiler:

Now for my final team:

107.gif

Jackie|Male|Naive Nature|Keen Eye|Lvl 56
Mega Punch
Ice Punch
Pursuit
Sky Uppercut

142.gif

Aero|Male|Hardy Nature|Rock Head|Lvl 56
Fly
Dragon Claw
Ancientpower
Bite

171.gif

Lumina|Female|Rash Nature|Illuminate|Lvl 56
Surf
Spark
Take Down
Blizzard

078.gif

Thowra|Female|Jolly Nature|Run Away|Lvl 55
Fire Blast
Stomp
Bounce
Take Down

205.gif

Rocky|Male|Hasty Nature|Sturdy|Lvl 56
Rock Slide
Zap Cannon
Explosion
Take Down

105.gif

Boney|Male|Quirky Nature|Lightningrod|Lvl 55
Bonemerang
Earthquake
Strength
False Swipe

New Sign-Up:
Forum Username: AoTora
Game Version: FireRed/LeafGreen - depends on what kinda team I get.
National Dex: Yes
Restrictions: Give me a balanced team please - there may be pokemon from gen 2 in it aswell.
Previous Proress: Nope

Mochika Rage

sickening, no?
Years
  • Age 23
  • uk
  • Seen Oct 1, 2017
LOG 1:
Beat Roxanne. It was easy, I OHKO'd all of the pokémon at the gym except for Nosepass. Now it's going to be awkward making sure Splash doesn't evolve because I don't have an everstone yet.

Team:
258.png
Splash||Mudkip
Level 16
Tackle
Growl
Mud Slap
Water Gun

Kratos184

Years
I have an ethical question for the more experience random players.
I got myself a Staryu now, lvl 29 when I caught it and I also have a water stone. Do I have to evolve it as soon as possible if Starmie was randomized for me? Or can I keep it a Staryu so it learns Hydro Pump at lvl 49. If I can choose myself I'll obviously go for the latter.

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2015
Forum Username: Master Magikarp
Game Version: Ruby
Restrictions: No trade evolutions, all HM moves must be accounted for (Fly, Flash, and Cut are not required). Additionally a Pokemon capable of learning Surf must be obtained before the 5th gym and a Pokemon capable of learning Rock Smash must be obtained before the 3rd gym. All Pokemon total must be obtainable before the 7th gym. (I really do not want to use a HM slave.)

Master Magikarp, your team is:

Blaziken / Seaking / Zangoose / Pelipper / Bellossom / Armaldo

Thanks for the team.

Last edited:

Macivor0012

The Man, The Myth, The Legend
Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2015
Master Magikarp, your team is:

Blaziken / Seaking / Zangoose / Pelipper / Bellossom / Armaldo

Forum Username: Macivor0012
Game Version: Ruby
Number of Pokemon: 5
Restrictions: No trade evolutions, no two pokemon of the exact same type. (EX: Having a Grass and a Grass/Poison is ok, but not two Grass).

Kratos184

Years
Challenge log #3

Been a while since the last update, in short my team is now complete and I have eight badges. When I got Baltoy and Anorith I started training Anorith quickly so he would evolve. He had an unbelieveably scratch, I know it sounds stupid but he literally killed every enemy with that attack. I replaced it with earthquake a level ago.

A while later I caught staryu and horsea, soon after I learned staryu thundershock, so it could be of help in defeating the last gym. It became my favourite teammember in no time and even more so when I evolved it at level 37. I never realized how awesome starmie is and that is why I think this challenge is great. It forces you to use pokemon you wouldn't use normally.

So right now I'm in front of the victory road, but before entering it I decided I would train my newest pokemon a little more. Especially baltoy and seadra are still quite weak, when they are at a decent level I will enter victory road to train them even more. I plan to have all my six team members at least at level 50 before challenging the elite 4, because I have a few disadvantages with this team on which I will elaborate in the next and last Challenge log that will be posted after I defeat Steven.

Team Progress:
Blaziken: Luffy, lvl 50, moves:
Double kick
Slash
Strength
Overheat

Dustox: Karin, lvl 44. Moves:
Toxic
Psychic
Silver wind
Gust

Baltoy: Seikai, lvl 40. Moves:
Shadow ball
Psybeam
Ancientpower
Ice beam

Armaldo: Mougou, lvl 44. Moves:
Earthquake
Ancientpower
Metal claw
Hyper beam

Starmie: Ouhon, lvl 40. Moves:
Minimize
Swift
Surf
Thunderbolt

Seadra: Kou, lvl 38. Moves
Waterfall
Blizzard
Water Pulse
Twister

Badges: 8

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years
Forum Username: Porygon Z
Game Version: Yellow
Number of Pokemon: 5
National Dex: They're just 151, lol
Restrictions: None. I'll use the sixth slot as HM Slave eventually

Last edited:

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years
EDIT - Update #1 - Gym Badges: 3

Well, started the game. Got Pikachu, defeated Gary, got the Parcel for Prof. Oak, and received a Pokédex. Caught a female Nidoran on Route 22, where I also defeated Gary for a second time. Passed through Viridian Forest with ease, and defeated Brock thanks to Nidoran, which evolved right after the Gym battle. Passed with ease Routes 3, 4 and Mt. Moon, with my brand new Nidoqueen. Now in Cerulean City.

Got Bulbasaur and trained him to lv. 13, and then I defeated Misty using only the guy in the Gym, thus levelling up to 17. Went through Routes 5, 6, 11, 24 and 25, meeting Bill in the meanwhile. Went on to clear SS Aqua and be gifted with HM01 Cut. Lt. Surge was very easy with Nidoqueen (can't learn Dig in Gen 1, sadly :( ). Went through Rock Tunnel and made my way to Celadon City. Before battling Erika, though, I had access to Saffron City and got myself Hitmonchan. Now in Team Rocket HQ.

Team

Nidoqueen, Lv. 37 ~ Body Slam, Thunderbolt, Bubblebeam, Double Kick
Venusaur, Lv. 36 ~ Body Slam, Poisonpowder, Leech Seed, Razor Leaf
Hitmonchan, Lv. 33 ~ Submission, Agility, Mega Punch, Fire Punch
Pidgey, Lv. 8 ~ HM Slave for Fly

Last edited:

~Justified~

~Working On A New Rom Hack~
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 23, 2015
Forum Username: ShadowGreninja
Game Version: Sapphire
Restrictions: No Same Types, No Pokemon that Evolve by Trading, Please Only Pokemon From Sapphire Version

Thanks!:)

Last edited:

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years
Forum Username: ShadowGreninja
Game Version: Sapphire
Restrictions: No Same Types, No Pokemon that Evolve by Trading, Please Only Pokemon From Sapphire Version

Thanks!:)

Combusken, Gulpin, Minun, Swellow, Flygon, Lileep. Lucky you :D joking, good luck bro

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Forum Username: Xadet
Game Version: Pokemon X
Restrictions: No trades

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.