• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Featured: Ch. 35 - The Unnecessarily Surreal City - Pokémon Choice Quest 2

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Chapter 16 A New Dawn { ||:^❩ )
Years
Well, throwing pokéballs seems a waste on full HP pokémon,
and reasoning might not work, since a pokémon's understanding
of human speech is still dubious : apparently pokémon don't have a FULL
understanding, despite they will unleash moves right on call. Lucario seem
to fully understand human speech, but that's due to their faculty to see auras.
Lapras, accordingly to some dex entries and Tracey Sketchit, also have a rather
clear understanding of human speech. Actually, most of the time reasoning
tends to fail even if you're a pokémon in the Mystery Dungeon world...
Pointing a finger may or may not work, again I can't be too sure [the JJM TRio
tricked a spiritomb that way XD(can't find the videogram... have Jessie mimicking wobbuffet instead)].

In synthesis, the safest choice would be
2) BYE-BYE à Gò-GOOOOOOO!!!!

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
Years
Well, it's finally time to make some progress after a little setback in the middle.

Vote Tally:
1. Point your finger at a direction and run while they're distracted! 1 Vote (this is how to not progress)
> 2. Tell Cuddles to use Bounce to jump high to get away! 3 Votes
3. Throw Poké Balls randomly at the wild Pokémon while getting away! Who knows you can catch one of them! 2 Votes (well, too bad!)
4. Try to reason with them. It's just a misunderstanding, right? 0 Vote (nobody wants to be negotiator, I see)

Pokémon
iIalld2.png
Cuddles (Wailmer) (♂) Status: Healthy Moves: Water Gun, Bounce, Growl, Eye Beam

Inventory
Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png
PokéDollars A common currency accepted worldwide. Earned from winning battles.

Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.png
×5
Poké Ball A basic, compact device used to catch Pokémon.

Bag_Potion_Sprite.png
×3
Potion A spray-type medicine for treating wounds.

Bag_Antidote_Sprite.png
×2
Antidote A spray-type medicine for poisoning.

Deaths: 1​
Chapter 10: Bounce Out!

First things first, one-against-many? Surrounding you from all sides? That's a very unfair situation! Though Cuddles might stand a chance against them, their superior numbers will overwhelm it regardless. Indulging their affair now is a lost cause, and since safety first is an important bit for anyone with common sense, you climb on Cuddles' back and tell him to Bounce away.

However, at the same time, your sudden movement alarms the Houndour to leap at you! But fortunately, Cuddles is fast enough to spring up high, whereas they are inevitably tricked into stacking themselves altogether when they bump at each other. Then, as the gravity starts to apply, you and Cuddles plummets down to the snowy grounds below. Houndoom seems... terrified when it accidentally slips down, further pushed down when Cuddles gives the Dark Pokémon some taste of 'untimely healthy diet.'

Weirdly, this isn't your intention yet it worked very well. With the group scrambling in confusion and disarray, you think it's best to quickly leave. When Cuddles moves over to reveal a silhouette of a comically squished canine with jolts of electricity sparkling about, another thought comes to you along with where you should go, as soon before they regroup.

It's getting tiresome in the forest, but you're confident that a town is situated just ahead the road you're walking upon. What do?
  1. Quick! Ride on Cuddles' back and step on the gas!
  2. Finish what you started. Defeat the remaining Pokémon!
  3. Oh... shiny! Can I have this shiny thing?
  4. Buy some ice cream...? Yes, the ice cream cart is there, the whole time, apparently.
Should you throw a Poké Ball onto the felled Houndoom?
  • Yes
  • No

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
4a. definitely. I mean, what could possibly go wrong? Surely Hyper wouldn't poison us again? Right?
And yass, let's capture ourselves a Houndour! :D :D :D

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
4a. for sure! At least the ice cream won't be melty, with all that snow around. :D And it won't hurt to capture that Houndour while we're at it!

Last edited:

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Years
3.a Shiny thing? Do you mean the squished pokémon?
Actually, is that the houndoom or are they an other pokémon?
Well, not all that shines is gold, but stuff that shines is attractive nevertherless!
Still, if the pokémon giving electrical sparks is the very houndoom...
WHAT? Holon pokémon?!? No, there aren't any houndour or houndoom in
Holon... are they?
Unless it's an other pokémon or the houndoom is a machine...

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
... And is nobody going to mention that our wallet is empty?

Well hey, if the ice cream is poisoned, then it's probably gonna be handed to us for free anyway. ;D

EDIT: Oops, it seems that wasn't the case last time, but oh well. xD

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
3a. I mean it worked for Ash catching Tauros and Houndour is simply great. Better than Wailmer, in fact there should be an option to release Cuddles and replace it with Cuddles the Houndour

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Years
there should be an option to release Cuddles and replace it with Cuddles the Houndour
No way, not without something making his time whileworthy and a proper purification!
And if we must give an other pokémon a dull nickname, at least let us pick AN OTHER dull nickname xP

Last edited:

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
Years
I really should fix my sleeping schedule and be sure to be in time, like I'm supposed to be. Not like this.
One (probably mundane) choice throws all beliefs to think rationally. All I learned so far from this protagonist is that they're a glutton for ice creams.

Then I'm reminded that this is PokéTrivia. Enjoy the randomness that it provides, so long as it can satiate your needs.
Like usual, you may suggest a nickname for the newly caught Pokémon. So, here we go.

Vote Tally:
1. Quick! Ride on Cuddles' back and step on the gas! - 1 Vote
2. Finish what you started. Defeat the remaining Pokémon! - 0 Vote (Why wouldn't you?)
3. Oh... shiny! Can I have this shiny thing? - 1 Vote
> 4. Buy some ice cream...? Yes, the ice cream cart is there, the whole time, apparently. - 5 Votes (Seems like you can't have too much ice creams.)

Should you throw a Poké Ball onto the felled Houndoom?
> a. Yes - 7 Votes ("Never say no, never.")
b. No - 0 Vote

Pokémon
iIalld2.png
Cuddles (Wailmer) (♂) Status: Healthy Moves: Water Gun, Bounce, Growl, Eye Beam

229MS.png
Houndoom (♂) Status: Healthy Moves: Crunch, Fire Fang, Smog, Destiny Bond

Inventory
Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png
PokéDollars A common currency accepted worldwide. Earned from winning battles.

Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.png
×5 -> ×4
Poké Ball A basic, compact device used to catch Pokémon.

Bag_Potion_Sprite.png
×3
Potion A spray-type medicine for treating wounds.

Bag_Antidote_Sprite.png
×2 - ×0
Antidote A spray-type medicine for poisoning.

4marJqs.png
×1
Casteliacone...? An ice cream received from a man in orange suit. It glows a radiant purple hue.

Deaths: 1​
Chapter 11: Travelers' Stop

While the remaining pack of Houndour run about in circles, you take a Poké Ball and peer at the visible snow hole. You see their leader, Houndoom, presumably incapacitated by the Bounce attack from Cuddles. You toss the Poké Ball inside, red lights following the sequence of capturing said Pokémon.

As you wait, you heard a sharp click. You grin at what you see - a Poké Ball that ceased moving after some time, sitting cozily on the snow bed. You bend your way to pick up the Poké Ball and raise it above your head. You just caught a Houndoom! An addition to be welcomed in your team! All that kinda makes you wanna buy some ice cream, and so you go celebrate by buying some ice creams on the cart that you don't recall being there, but it happened to be there.

The vendor, who is apparently the same person who sold you poisonous ice creams, widens his eyes with perplexity in his expression.
"Wha... what are you doing here?! Please, leave me alone!" He shooed, but his gesture doesn't seem to sync with his words. He is shivering, as if he is cold or perhaps, scared. Is there something troubling for him? You approach the cart and ask him what's the big deal and explain.

"I have nothing to share! Not with you, at least! Just leave my stand! Go away!" However, he refused to budge. It doesn't seem that he will listen to what you have to say either, but to be true to your purpose for coming here, you request for two Casteliacones while...realizing a bit late that you don't carry any money in your wallet. Immediately, he hands you what you ordered, if smaller in size than the previous, then turns his back and sit down on the snow. You can hear his wailing after you received your ice creams, so you try to talk your way to him but he continued before you do, "No! I don't need your money either! That was a foolish goal I regretted ever since! Just scram already!"

It seems that there's nothing you can really do other than bothering him any further, which isn't a good idea. You bid your farewell toward the man in orange uniform, a bit unsatisfied with the result you get. Doesn't stop you from munching your ice cream though, or at least Cuddles does warn you that you shouldn't be eating these, twice. You tell Cuddles that it's alright, After all, what's the worst thing that can happen from eating a purple, glowing ice cream? So you take a bite, which tastes really great but causes your vision to blur once more. Good thing that you bought some Antidotes to prevent that, so you drink it whole and cure your poison, then munch on it again...

...Oh no, you get poisoned again! This time, you eat the ice cream whole then repeat the process again. Now that you're cured from poison twice, you're left with another ice cream that hasn't gotten any attention yet. The urge to eat it draws to you, but you manage to hold it off by putting it inside your bag. You wonder why you eat the ice cream anyway when you're aware that they're clearly poisonous, and putting said thing inside the bag. You don't want to think about it too much, though Cuddles seems to be not amused by your weird way of action.

With the whole disturbance coming to an end, you find yourself stepping on snow-covered cobblestones. Ahead lies more houses made out of stacked stones and wood, curved roofs of wide eaves blanketed by snow yet leaving the grounds below bare. People and Pokémon can also be seen interacting with each other, in a lively place known as Shanama Town. History speaks of this civilization being the result of two different yet closely situated towns conjoining into what you see right now. As fascinating as it may be, you don't deter yourself from visiting the Pokémon Center first.

As you leave the Pokémon Center you visited just now, you think for a moment. There are many things you can do, aside from buying anything since you're likely to not get a good response for it. Now then, what are you going to do?
  1. Sit on a bench and see what happens!
  2. Walk around and scavenge for items!
  3. Find and defeat the Gym Leader!
  4. Participate in a Pokémon Cup!
  5. Eat the Casteliacone!

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
As much as I'm tempted to eat more ice cream, I get the feeling we should save it as a deus ex machina tool for later. Especially since we don't have our supreme fishing rod yet. =(

Let's sit on the bench! (#1) Maybe something will be randomly given to us? :D

Doesn't stop you from munching your ice cream though, or at least Cuddles does warn you that you shouldn't be eating these, twice. You tell Cuddles that it's alright, After all, what's the worst thing that can happen from eating a purple, glowing ice cream? So you take a bite, which tastes really great but causes your vision to blur once more. Good thing that you bought some Antidotes to prevent that, so you drink it whole and cure your poison, then munch on it again...

...Oh no, you get poisoned again! This time, you eat the ice cream whole then repeat the process again. Now that you're cured from poison twice, you're left with another ice cream that hasn't gotten any attention yet. The urge to eat it draws to you, but you manage to hold it off by putting it inside your bag. You wonder why you eat the ice cream anyway when you're aware that they're clearly poisonous, and putting said thing inside the bag. You don't want to think about it too much, though Cuddles seems to be not amused by your weird way of action.

I just wanna say that these two paragraphs put a huuuuuuuuuuuge smile on my face, you wouldn't believe it ahahaha. xD

But still, just who on earth is this ice cream vendor...?

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
2. Walk around, check out items in stores, and maybe I could get information about the gym leader.

Last edited:
Years
2. While we can sit and wait for something to happen, why not being the ones that will make something happen? We could also find something interesting.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
After all that happened, I think we earned ourselves a bit of rest on that comfy bench there: #1. Might be a great opportunity to get to learn our new Pokémon as well!

Also, we really ought to find that ice cream vendor again later, he is probably plotting for world domination or something.

Back