• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GFS

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 14, 2009
I believe that you insert a tile and then put the block data onto High Grass animation
Or something like that...

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
does anyone know how to make a boat script with XSE?
Look at the tips and tricks section of this post.

Flags you ned: 200-300, 600-700, 1000-1100...

And my question:
How do I change the door animation in RUby?
You need to find its location in the ROM and edit it using a program such as TileEd or TLP. Its a little too long an explanation to go into right now but if you can find thethethethe's grass animation tutorial its pretty much the same method.

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Wow.
8,000 posts in one thread.
That's a lot :P

I suppose I have to ask a simple question...

So how would you go about creating the tall(er) grass? I highly doubt that simply inserting the base tile into a free spot in my block palette would work.
Yah, it would. Of course you'd have to set the behaviour byte to 03 00(High Grass Animation).

Years
Whenever I battle someone and the Poké Balls appear, I get this error:
error-2.jpg

Instead of leaving a black trail, they leave a trail like this.
Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Isn't there anyone that can help me with this?

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Yah, it would. Of course you'd have to set the behaviour byte to 03 00(High Grass Animation).
Ah, behaviour bytes. I totally forgot about them until just now. Thanks for the help (and you too GFS ;))

Any good hex editors with .tbl support? I normally use 010 Editor, but it lacks tremendously in that area...

WindHex is nice because it supports two table files at one time and it even comes with a table creating utility.

Last edited:

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
That should help me a bit thank you!

I have another question.

Is there a way of adding more trainer sprites without replacing the ones already in the game?

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Any good hex editors with .tbl support? I normally use 010 Editor, but it lacks tremendously in that area...
I think XVI32 supports tables.

That should help me a bit thank you!

I have another question.

Is there a way of adding more trainer sprites without replacing the ones already in the game?
I don't see why not. The way trainer data is set up (if my memory serves me right) you can point the trainers sprite to any location. Then again I may be totally wrong. Its been a while since I looked a the trainer data. Theres a lot of unused sprites that you can replace though. Adding new ones without replacing old ones is just impractical.

Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2009
Question has been asked before, but I can't find it using various keywords in the search box and I'm not about to go through 321 pages manually, so:

1. Scripts are messing up. Someone had helped me with that but I've intelligently lost the entire hack yesterday so I can't offer further info, but I'll give some on this: there aren't much changes, only what things/people say. I'm using XSE, not a-text, and still the script from one thing transfers to another: part of the string from the town sign transfers to the end of '[RIVAL]'s house'. If I delete the attached string, the town sign will be blank.
Sometimes--for example, the guy in Viridian City who tells you about the kinds of caterpillar pokemon--his script messes up when I change the strings in XSE, but when I replace it back with the original and change it with a-text instead, it works fine and he doesn't say what I haven't typed. What is with this on-off screwage?
Edit: Sorry! Ahh, it's not a trainer. Just a talking sprite--and by inserting a new sprite, I mean making a new person event. Sorry again about the confusion!

2. I've had the experience of the game crashing upon checking player stats, probably because I've inserted a new sprite a kind person told me--I can tell from the lack of similar posts about this problem that this doesn't happen normally. If it's not an inserting sprite problem, what can it be?

Thankyou~

Last edited:

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Question has been asked before, but I can't find it using various keywords in the search box and I'm not about to go through 321 pages manually, so:

1. Scripts are messing up. Someone had helped me with that but I've intelligently lost the entire hack yesterday so I can't offer further info, but I'll give some on this: there aren't much changes, only what things/people say. I'm using XSE, not a-text, and still the script from one thing transfers to another: part of the string from the town sign transfers to the end of '[RIVAL]'s house'. If I delete the attached string, the town sign will be blank.
Sometimes--for example, the guy in Viridian City who tells you about the kinds of caterpillar pokemon--his script messes up when I change the strings in XSE, but when I replace it back with the original and change it with a-text instead, it works fine and he doesn't say what I haven't typed. What is with this on-off screwage?

2. I've had the experience of the game crashing upon checking player stats, probably because I've inserted a new sprite a kind person told me--I can tell from the lack of similar posts about this problem that this doesn't happen normally. If it's not an inserting sprite problem, what can it be?

Thankyou~
maybe its because the pallete for the new trainer isnt right. Like it has to many colors or something.

Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2009
maybe its because the pallete for the new trainer isnt right. Like it has to many colors or something.

Ahh, it's not a trainer. Just a talking sprite--and by inserting a new sprite, I mean making a new person event. Sorry about the confusion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back