• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon meets Digimon?

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
It's happened millions of times over - this sort of story, where one series meets another, is called a "crossover". Feel free to try; they can sometimes come out very well.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
Sorry, I'm not very good with Digimon. This was an idea for somebody else to take. If somebody was good with Digimon and Pokemon, feel free to write this story.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Just like any random Digimon and Pokemon plot? Doesn't matter if it's humourous crack or a serious plot?

Because there are so many out there on the Internet already. If you want to read about any crossover fic with those two canons, it's out there.

darkpokeball

Years
i love crossovers, but Digimon and Pokemon...well...it just seemed to fit naturally. However, I stink with Digimon. All I know about it is that it has a tv show and video games and there's this orange dinosaur thing.
@Astinus, I prefer suspense and action with a little bit of humor. Those stories are wonderful.

Delusions of Originality

good night, sleep tight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 3, 2024
If that's all you know about Digimon then it's probably a bad idea for you to write a crossover--you're not going to be able to make sure that the two series are meshing well if you don't know much about one of them. Unless they are deliberately intended to be terrible, crossovers do not work if the creator isn't knowledgeable enough to portray both accurately. I also suspect you won't enjoy yourself as much if you're trying to write something with which you're so unfamiliar. If you want to write a crossover between Pokémon and another monster-battling-or-similar series... are there any others that you know better? Monster Rancher? Yu-Gi-Oh!? Cardcaptor Sakura? Maybe even Zatch Bell?

darkpokeball

Years
I can write a crossover between Sonic the Hedgehog and Pokemon, which should be easy. Or maybe Mario and Pokemon. Hmm....possibly I could have AkatsukiKisame(creator of Shippuden Showdown which I really hope is being approved in "The Showcase" help me with Pokemon meets Naruto since he's good with Naruto. Sure, I could write one. But the Digimon meets Pokemon crossover is for someone to take. Anybody. Anyways, expect to see a multi-crossover story from me coming soon.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Yowzer, those sound really random and...well, tbh, I have no idea how they'll work together in any serious way. Might want to try reading this, posted on another crossover idea thread, to get an idea of how a crossover works and how you should go about writing it or something. :D

Back