• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team OminousBlack [Recruiting]

What should the region name be?

• Sarya

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Odyr

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Frazi

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Rinxy

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OminousMix

"Show me whatcha got."
Years
So hello and welcome to the Team OminousBlack Thread.

Introduction
So then, you may be thinking what is this new team, what is it for and probably something about cookies. Well this is a team a decided to make, because i am thinking of making a hack, my first ever REAL rom hack. I can do basic mapping with the orginal GBA Tiles some spriting, but my biggest asset i guess would have to be the story. I have almost half the story planned out, but will release it when i acquire 3~5 members. I wanna try and make something unique and currently unexpirienced by people who play hacks. I dunno how it'll go fast or slow but it'll work out. :)
My main goal is to make pokemon OminousBlack a unique and yet unexpirienced pokemon hack/game. With somewhat original fakemon, interesting story, interest provoking events and nice to look at tiles, OW Sprites and Startup Screen.

Current Projects/Hacks:
The current hack being worked upon is OminousBlack.
Base rom: Fire Red
Percentage completed: None actual except for half the story.

Members Required:
Scripter;
Mapper;
Tile inserter;
OW Spriter;
Spriter Fakemon or Trainer;
Someone to edit the title screen;
Possibly someone to help me with the story;
Possibly someone to edit pokemon moves and stats;
Music Editor;

Current Team Members:
OminousMix [Team Leader/Storyline Developer/Basic fakemon..newbie..]
niven [Title screen editor/Scripter]
Haxofreak [Backup scripter]
JinRazielGames[Trainer Spriter/Backup
Mapper]
Booted Out
Chainster [Story Advisor/Basic Mapper]
zachlim98 [Scripter/Sprite Inserter]
UnForgiven* [Scripter/???]
JalordaSerpent7 [Advanced Mapper]

Application Form:
Your current skills/Position you want:
How much time can you dedicate:
Proof of work:
E-mail for contact:

Other:
So that's about it, if we can get some active members and complete atleast 20% i might consider a opposite version of this called Stormy Violet. So enjoy yerselfs. :)

Plot/Story V.1: [Since niven requested it, i put it up here]
It all began in the year 2035 when man and pokemon were finally living in harmony with all evil pokemon organizations defeated and the legendary pokemon calmed. But in the far, far, far parts of the earth in the Sarya region slept a beast of darkness, that was spoken of only in legend. The legendary "Shadow Dragon Kyarero".
The darkness that he sensed the years before had put him to sleep with the thoughts that humanity's evil isn't worth his bothering, but the friendship he just sensed had awoken angered him with the thoughts that humanity's lies only continue to wreak havoc on the world. Enraged he escaped out of his prison in Takaria Island and sought to destroy the human's world and all the pokemon he thought were traitors. He searched the region and found pokemon trainesrs still filled with darkness in them. He used it to gain control over them and created Team Dusk which he would use in his plans to destroy humanity.
In the year 2050 the world is barely holding up the only standing spot is Kyarero's home region Kirya which is holding back Team Dusk forces with the brave efforts of Organization "The Phoenix".
"The Phoenix" is an organization formed by those willing to fight for no matter the cost, while others run in fear and try to find a place to hide. You are a rookie who just joined "The Phoenix" wanting to help save the world, but right as you appear it seem's Kyarero has aswell....Is his appearance connected to yours....and will you find a light burning bright enough to defeat Kyarero?
The decision rests on your shoulders...

Plot/Story V.2: It was the year 2035 when Kyarero was just awakening. It was still peaceful. One day professor Alerce comes to you asking you if you can help him test his new time machine that he will be using for today's class of prehistoric Pokemon. When you get out of Zaii Academy your rival/best friend asks you what you are doing you tell him that you are going out for a walk and then he goes in as you go to the back of the academy. Then suddenly appears prof Alerce telling you to close your eyes so you can go to the secret entrance, you teleport inside. When you try to go back to the past to bring back pokemon for the prehistoric pokemon class the machine malfunctiones and you are then instead sent to the year 2050 of the future that is ruled by Kyarero and Team Dusk.
While ariving some pokemon come to you trying to atack you but a hooded boy [Your rival of the future] fends them off, he then realises who you are in a groan.
He tells you to pick one of three pokemon and tells you to go to a village up north.
In the village every house is broken. There is only one grandma living there.
She lets you rest and after you leave she gives you a map and a pokedex.
After that you can go up from the village to explore the future Sarya region.
Note: You can't go up from the village without the map and the pokedex.

Note: We have a chatbox where we discuss the story and such so feel free to join. :)

Code:
http://xat.com/omeinouz

Update: Hello all, i would just like to say that wegot our first ips with some inserted tiles by M.L. I would first like some mappers to map up some stuff before we start scripting and stuff. If you want to map some maps, you can either post on this thread that you want to or VM me.

ALSO!! We have now gotten our first userbar so if you wish to, you can put it in your signature to show around our little hack team.
OminousBlack.gif

Code:
http://randommyx.webs.com/photos/GraPhikZ/OminousBlack.gif

Update: Hello everyone, it seems it's been awhile since i updated my first post so here i go.
First of, i would like to announce that the game's region name is officialy Sarya~!!
Second off, we now have our semi-official Main Good and Bad Pokemon Art/Sprites ready. The good being the Good and Pure Flame of Hope Phoenix Phquall and the bad being the frozen souled in eternal darkenss Kyarero.
I will try and draw us some more Fakemon while working along with all of my team members to form a nice exciting and intense story for teh game.
It seem's me and Niven have come to decide that this game will be uncompletable unless you catch Phquall, for more info on that check page 2 and look for Niven's post about that. :D

Well then, that's it for now, make sure to check our newest poll and have fun~!! :)

Update: Now that our poll here has ended, i can't edit it anymore.
So here's a the thing i used a website to make a poll where we can vote and decide stuff about the game. Our newest poll is here. Please vote~ ;3 http://snappoll.com/poll/375269.php

Last edited:

niven

Leader of Team LegendaryTrio
Years
Your current skills/Position you want: scripter and i can edit the charizard in the title screen

How much time can you dedicate: depends. i might have school,chores, or visit family, but i'll dedicate as much time as possible

Proof of work: images.wikia.com/pokemontowerdefense/images/1/1c/Pokemon_hacked_version_title_screen.png (tried to edit background too, but failed) and youtube.com/watch?v=R5w1lIpM4-0

E-mail for contact: [email protected]

Years
Hey uh, you have to map the ips first.
Maps must be made before you script or else things will go haywire.
Please lord, i wish this thread wouldn't be inactive.

Your current skills/Position you want:
Mapper and all around spriting(Trainer, Fakemon and OWs)
How much time can you dedicate: Mostly Weekends (GMT 8+)
Proof of work: Okay then...i'm lazy to make some, but anyways.
teamdawnmalegrunt.png

A Team Akatsuki Archive.
maleherodecades.png

Okay, this one is a hero in progress in Team Snivy
Spoiler:

Sorry, but you'll see a map when you make me do a job.
It depends on how you will ask me on a route(land/sea), cave, or city.

E-mail for Contact: [email protected] or my Skype(JinRazielGames) or just through the PMs.

Last edited:

OminousMix

"Show me whatcha got."
Years
Hey uh, you have to map the ips first.
Maps must be made before you script or else things will go haywire.
Please lord, i wish this thread wouldn't be inactive.

Your current skills/Position you want: Mapper and all around spriting(Trainer, Fakemon and OWs)
How much time can you dedicate: Mostly Weekends (GMT 8+)
Proof of work: Okay then...i'm lazy to make some, but anyways.
teamdawnmalegrunt.png

A Team Akatsuki Archive.
maleherodecades.png

Okay, this one is a hero in progress in Team Snivy
Spoiler:

Sorry, but you'll see a map when you make me do a job.
It depends on how you will ask me on a route(land/sea), cave, or city.

E-mail for Contact: [email protected] or my Skype(JinRazielGames) or just through the PMs.

Hmm those sprites look really good. Hmm...Okay you're accepted!
So then you can you help me out with the maps and the sprites? ^^
Think you can make say a dusty village like in one of those cowboy movies? And at the top of the village is a cave with lots of hallways sort of like johto's cave before the E4. And at the top of that cave is a place for a legendary i'm about to make. It's supposed to be a phoenix legendary.
So anyways the map should be like verdanturf but dusty and bigger [Like in a cowboy movie] and the cave at the top with maze-like features and a spot for a legendary.

Regarding sprites. I'll need the characters to have possibly long hair and the colors to be black and white squares like on racing flags.

Also if anyone is wondering what i'm doing, i'm spriting some fakemon for the game. If you have any ideas or suggestions feel free to post them or VM/PM. :D

~OminousMix

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
i would like to say this if your using new tiles i would suggest doing that firts as if you do maps and then tiles it would most probably Mess up the maps :)

OminousMix

"Show me whatcha got."
Years
i would like to say this if your using new tiles i would suggest doing that firts as if you do maps and then tiles it would most probably Mess up the maps :)

Yeah i know that, but thanks for pointing it out. :)
We're gonna have to wait a bit to get a tile inserter though...

Update: It seem's Raziel has been booted out for the obvious.
It seem's i'll need a new trainer and OW Spriter now.
Also if anyone can insert tiles please apply.

Last edited:

niven

Leader of Team LegendaryTrio
Years
Hey, i just realized something. We have 3 members, so you can release the story now.Right? And I was thinking, We should have a conference before or after the elite four.Like the ones in the anime(silver league conference, lily of the valley conference, indigo league conference, etc.). Do you know what I'm talking about?

zachlim98

Half-way mark Scripter
Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2016
Your current skills/Position you want: I can script(pretty well), INSERT(only, not make) both pokemon and trainer and OW sprites. I can map(not too bad).
How much time can you dedicate: Erm... Well, I can pretty much finish most tasks given to me in 4 days? I guess...
Proof of work: I'll post a video link once you tell me if you need my skills.

OminousMix

"Show me whatcha got."
Years
Your current skills/Position you want: I can script(pretty well), INSERT(only, not make) both pokemon and trainer and OW sprites. I can map(not too bad).
How much time can you dedicate: Erm... Well, I can pretty much finish most tasks given to me in 4 days? I guess...
Proof of work: I'll post a video link once you tell me if you need my skills.

Hmm you look nice. Well, i guess inserting OW Sprites will come in handy. And having 2 Backup scripters is a must.
I'll put you on pending for now. If you can show me an example of your work i'll accept you. :)

Last edited:

Chainster

Captain Jäger of Ominous Blac
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2014
Your current skills/Position you want: I can map with tiles already inserted to the rom. I also would like to help with the story.
How much time can you dedicate: As much as needed.
Proof of work: None this will be my first hack. I was hoping to work with more experienced people to learn more.
E-mail for contact: Please just contact me on here.

OminousMix

"Show me whatcha got."
Years
Your current skills/Position you want: I can map with tiles already inserted to the rom. I also would like to help with the story.
How much time can you dedicate: As much as needed.
Proof of work: None this will be my first hack. I was hoping to work with more experienced people to learn more.
E-mail for contact: Please just contact me on here.

Ok, you are accepted! I'll wait for a tile inserter before you can try mapping. Regarding story i'll pm you the basic plot. And we can discuss it however you wish. Via chat, VM or PM.

OminousMix

"Show me whatcha got."
Years
UPDATE:

So then, hello all my felow team members. Just wanted to say since we haven't really started working on the hack yet, due to a lack of a tile inserter, i decided to make some small preparations. I sprited up the 3 Starter pokemon. And have all the basic information we'll need for them. I'll give the rest of the information for when we insert them. I still don't have their 2nd & 3rd Evo Sprites, so yeah. Any ideas, criticism is greatly appreciated. If you're a spriter or just think you can touch up or fix these sprites to make them look better, please do. Redrawing is allowed.

So without further ado.

Fire Scorpion Pokemon
Scorpyre->Burspion->Volkarayo [Pronounced Vol-Ka-Ray-O]
Hist 1st Evo Sprite. V1.[original]
picture.php
V2.[edited]
picture.php

Grass Crocodile Pokemon
Terroc->Erthgator->Forresaur
1st Evo Sprite.
picture.php

Water Dragon Pokemon
Aquaryo->Dracqua-->Draicofall
1st Evo Sprite.
picture.php

The Starter's Typing:
Fire Scorpion [Fire/Ghost] Since 2nd Evo
Grass Croc [Grass/Earth] Since 2nd Evo
Aqua Dragon [Water/Dragon] Since 2nd Evo

Base Stats for Starters:

[BS Change for evolutions]Base stats +20 for each evolution
It's a decission me and Chainster came up with to easen our work a little.

BaseStats on Fire: Hp 43;Atack 50; Defense 40;
Speed 30; Special atack 65; Special defense 45

BaseStats on water: 40 HP;40 Atack;53 Defense; 58 Speed; 65 Special Defense;Sp Atack 50

BaseStats on grass:35 HP; 65 Atack; 60 Defense;
55 Speed; 35 Special Defense; 38 Sp atack

To be edited maybe...Later.

NOTE: These sprites may not be that good since i am inexpirienced in spriting, so they will be subject to change at any moment. The ideas were thought up by me and Chainster if you wish to speak to us about this.
Please PM us and we'll contact you back. :)

~OminousMix

Chainster

Captain Jäger of Ominous Blac
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2014
Here is some new stuff about the game

Gyms Leaders:

Name of Gym leader, type of gym, appearance

Crystal, Rock Gym Girl Long Red Hair, Seargent Uni

Vulcan, Fire Gym Boy Hawaii Surfer Clothes, Red Surfer Hair

Kidan, Dark Gym Boy Black Suit, Red Undershirt, Black Hair

Claudia, Flying Gym Girl Aviator Outfit, Short-ish brown hair

Treethan, Grass Gym Boy Green Tee shirt, Brown Pants, Green Hair

Siren, Water Gym Boy Deep Sea Fisherman, short brown hair

Sifu, Fighting Gym Boy Older Karate Guy (so with wrinkles)

Sparky, Electric Gym Girl, Young and looks like a trainer

Fakemon:

Eelectra Electric/Water Eel

Firdat Fire/Dark Bat Kidan's Signature pokemon (rare-ish)

Spark Electric/Water Shark

Kidan's Story:

As a kid he loved the stories of the legendary pokemon vs. trainers. Later, when that ended, he wanted it back. (3rd Gym)
Then after you fight him, he joins Team Dusk and after you earn your 5th gym badge you fight him again but now he is a Team Dusk Grunt. Then after you recieve your 8th gym badge he fights you as Team Dusk's Top Executive. Then he reveals his total plan, to catch the legendary pokemon of Team Dusk and become the most powerful trainer in the world. Now the player must stop him and the Team Dusk legendary pokemon.

OminousMix

"Show me whatcha got."
Years
Here is some new stuff about the game

Gyms Leaders:

Name of Gym leader, type of gym, appearance

Crystal, Rock Gym Girl Long Red Hair, Seargent Uni

Vulcan, Fire Gym Boy Hawaii Surfer Clothes, Red Surfer Hair

Kidan, Dark Gym Boy Black Suit, Red Undershirt, Black Hair

Claudia, Flying Gym Girl Aviator Outfit, Short-ish brown hair

Treethan, Grass Gym Boy Green Tee shirt, Brown Pants, Green Hair

Siren, Water Gym Boy Deep Sea Fisherman, short brown hair

Sifu, Fighting Gym Boy Older Karate Guy (so with wrinkles)

Sparky, Electric Gym Girl, Young and looks like a trainer

Fakemon:

Eelectra Electric/Water Eel

Firdat Fire/Dark Bat Kidan's Signature pokemon (rare-ish)

Spark Electric/Water Shark

Kidan's Story:

As a kid he loved the stories of the legendary pokemon vs. trainers. Later, when that ended, he wanted it back. (3rd Gym)
Then after you fight him, he joins Team Dusk and after you earn your 5th gym badge you fight him again but now he is a Team Dusk Grunt. Then after you recieve your 8th gym badge he fights you as Team Dusk's Top Executive. Then he reveals his total plan, to catch the legendary pokemon of Team Dusk and become the most powerful trainer in the world. Now the player must stop him and the Team Dusk legendary pokemon.

Chain you forgot to explain it...
Oh well i guess that falls upon me.
Anyways, everyone we are thinking of adding this to the game. But do note these are only ideas of a basic design. If you have any ideas to replace or modify this please say so.

I really want to hear everyone's oppinion about Chain's ideas until i can decide what to do with it.

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
ill make you a deal i shall insert tiles (on the weekend) for you if you only ask friday 1:50
as thats when i get back from school :)

deal?

OminousMix

"Show me whatcha got."
Years
ill make you a deal i shall insert tiles (on the weekend) for you if you only ask friday 1:50
as thats when i get back from school :)

deal?

Sure, but you have to contact me when you will be inserting tiles.
Because i don't know your time zone, but otherwise i accept.
Can you show me an image of your current tiles you have for inserting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back