• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Valde Bellum (OOC Thread)

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
Pokemon Valde Bellum

This comic is rated T/M, and involves death, violence, bloody scenes, and depictions of a dystopia.​

Disclaimer: Do not worry – death will not involve your character; only NPC characters created by me (Royal).​

---​

CURRENT CHAPTER: CHAPTER ONE
Welcome to Island Dauoalogn
WhiteMountainNationalForest.jpg

Upon the island, unknown to the Acies corporation (or so some believe), the Valde Bellum revolutionaries
secretly train. Several trainers from many different regions have been brought here to help aid in the
revolution, to catch Pokemon and train alike. Dozens upon dozens of different Pokemon live on this island
away from the tyrannical rule of the Acies's monarchy. It is believed to be a very peaceful land, and it is
protected by the abilities of powerful Psychic Pokemon, not only owned by Rayne and her fellow
revolutionaries, but also to the Pokemon that live on the island. The base of the revolutionaries is actually
located under the largest mountain in the territory.​

Original Information:
Spoiler:

Teams:
Spoiler:

Chapter Summaries:

CHAPTER ONE
Also contains information on trading at the end of Chapter One, information on battling, and extra information.
Spoiler:

This OOC thread is always updated with new information, updates to Pokemon teams, trainers you've come across (and their Pokemon teams), and questions/answers. You can post any questions you have here and I'll be happy to answer them.

Last edited:

Sun Casscade

The Sun's Water
Years
May I reserve the Johto spot? I don't have the time to write a SU tonight, I have to go to bed in five minutes.

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
Sure, I can do that for you! I just need an SU completed within three days otherwise I'll have to put it back up.

Sun Casscade

The Sun's Water
Years
Hope this is good enough, I can improve if need be, but this is the best I can do until I get home from school in like, seven to eight hours.

Name of Character: Danielle Young
Age of Character: 16
Appearance:

Danielle has dark brown hair to her mid-back, and bangs that go just above her eyes. Her eyes are dark green, and often show her emotions even though the rest of her face keep it all wiped away. Danielle stands about 5"11 and her skin is just a little lighter than 'medium' tanned.

Danielle wears a spice-brown t-shirt with a blue jean jacket that's long in the back, and the sleeves go to her elbows. She wears blue jeans with a pokeball design stitched into the back pockets. She wears black ankle-high leather boots. Besides that she wears a dark brown satchel, and on her right arm she wears a black watch.

Region From: Johto

History:

Danielle was born in Olivine City, Johto. She was raised around the beach, which is how she keeps a steady tan. Danielle was a 'water bug', always living in the water. when she was 10 she traveled Johto, but soon after she finished Johto the war broke out, and she never got to travel any further.

Danielle has had a passion for music since she was eight. She always can thing of a song to fit her situation, and often hums if in public. She always blocked out the world around her with it. Although her nice parents were persuasive and got her out of it most of the time to do things with them.

Danielle's dad got shot when she was thirteen, due to him 'standing up for himself'. Danielle screamed bloody-murder at seeing the scene, and she ran home and to her room, instantly locking her door and grabbing her MP3 player. She just sat on her bed, listening to music, recovering from the emotionally scaring scene that would be forever etched into her memory. That's when she basically put a wall up around herself, trying not to get too attached to anything, and letting the only thing close to her be music. She helped her mom through it, then even her mom became lost to her.
Roleplay Example: (I haven't RP'd on here before, so I'll give you one from another website. This was on a RP called 'The Search for Zoura')

"What do you think you're doing!" a black girl haired yelled at me. "Who do you think you are!"

"I think I'm Serena, and I think I'm looking for Zoura. You?" I asked snottily.

"I'm Terra, and you are leaving." She said simply, crossing her arms. "This is our property."

"Fine, see ya later, trader."

"How am I a trader!" The girl demanded.

"If you were a citizen of Unova, you would appreciate me trying to keep your area safe from Zoura and Zoroark." I said shortly. "Not kick me out as night approaches."

"I-uh-who asked you!?"

"You did." I said, then walked off, llillipup and oshawott fallowing close behind.

"Hey-hey wait! You wanna stay here tonight?" the girl asked.

I turned around, and she was offering me her hand. I took it. "Thanks."

Once I got in her house, she taught me about how she lived here with her grandma and her pet buizel her dad gave her. She gave me some ointment for my right arm, where that kid's Sneazel had slashed it up, and we wrapped up my arm. Then she cooked dinner, and the three of us- plus the pokemon- ate together. It was nice, I felt like I was myself again that night.

I slept in their guest room that night, although I was fairly sure it was haunted since things kept floating across the room. I ignored it and went to sleep, and when I woke up I found on the floor it said 'Hello', with random objects. I tried to ignore it and went to the kitchen to see if Terra was up yet, which she was, and of course she was finishing making breakfast!
Favorite Element: Fire

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
Sun Casscade: I'll accept you, but for your actual roleplay posts, I'd just like them to be a bit more detailed, alright?

Spoiler:

Sun Casscade

The Sun's Water
Years
Usually I am more detailed, I was just having trouble finding some of my goods posts. I promise, I can do a lot better.
...Boyah! Anyways, I'm going to school now. Thanks for accepting me, and if you need me I'll be on in like, seven hours, but tonight I have a chorus concert at school I'm in...so yeah. Thanks!

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
Years
Sorry it's taking so long. X( Stuff getting in the way.

I've finished a lot of things so now this is all I have left to work on! ;D

Kikpanther

Years
Kanto and Johto are open.

Also, I know it's already taken me sixty-bajillion years to make my latest post, but I'm going to be gone for a week and I don't know when I'll be able to post.

Sorry about this. :(

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
I have decided to keep this roleplay going. I'm opening up new applications now, and whoever's interested may submit an application for ANY region they choose from Kanto to Unova.

I'm also taking out levels - Pokemon will not be trained using levels - it will be done similar to the anime, so your Pokemon can evolve earlier or later, based on elements on the story or 'when it's ready to evolve'.

Also, another note: For current players already, if you cannot get a post done and in within a week, and you haven't contacted me saying you'd like to remain in the roleplay, I'll have to remove you.

That's all!

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
Name: Kris McKenna
Region From: Tertius

Appearance:

Kris' father was black and her mother Caucasian, which gave Kris a nice medium skin-tone on the more black side of the genetic scale. Most of her features she got from her father, the wide-yet-flat nose, full lips and incredibly frizzy dark hair. Her eyes are from her mother though, they're a grayish shade of green that tends to stand against against Kris' otherwise dark features. To tame her wild frizz Kris braids her hair in long cornrows, the alternative would have been a near afro. She likes to tie little orange feathers to some of those braids to decorate them, along with small beads to act as ties, all in a warm colour scheme. Physically Kris is quite strong, She's very tall (1.87m) and has toned limbs from many years of playing all kinds of sports well, eat least before the Acies.

She wears a navy and white letterman jacket that looks like it's seen better days over a simple white t-shirt.. Under that she wears light-denim jeans that are quite worn, with not-fashionable tearing and wear and discolouring. They're old but they're Kris' most comfortable pair and she's not about to part with them. On her feet she wears sturdy black combat-boots, perfect for travelling long distances. No flimsy shoes and foot-pain for Kris, she's doing the smart thing. Plus they're exactly her type of shoes in the first place.

Her few belongings on the road she keeps in a bag slung about her hip as well as stashed in the jacket's pockets. She doesn't take a whole lot with her, so it's perfect and she's not picky.

Personality:

Kris in incredibly stubborn, that's her crowning trait. You tell her to go right, she's go left. You'll tell her to calm down and she'll punch. She's tough as nails and won't allow anyone to mess with her. Kris has a temperament which often leads to a punch, she's not difficult to anger and she's not one to show that with words but with action. Kris has this built-in instinct to defend and take care of the weak. She's been into quite a bit of school-yard fights because of this, when she sees someone bullied the first response is to send out her fist. This has gotten her into a lot of trouble in the past, and is likely to do so in the future. In fact is was a miracle she hadn't yet punched an Acies grunt yet…

Kris is a very practical kind of girl, you could even say somewhat simple. You won't catch her thinking of philosophy or deeper meanings. Kris is a girl of the here-and-now, that's all she cares about. What's in the past is in the past and what's in the future she'll see. Of course there are exceptions, but mostly she doesn't let what's happened haunt her. She's also naturally very bad at taking orders or accepting somebody else's authority. What Kris is good at is practical thinking. Though not yet tested she'll find that she has a natural ability for survival.

She also plays for the other team, which seems worth mentioning. The whole ordeal with the Acies has left very little room for exploring that however.

History:

Kris was born and raised in Hoenn's Slateport City. Her father, Joseph McKenna, was a scientist working at the Oceanic Museum and her mother, Coraline, worked at the front-desk of the Museum. Kris had a very normal childhood. She was a bright and happy child with a certain gift and love for anything sports-like. She grew up by the sea always swimming or playing volleyball or football on the beach. When she started school she joined the swimming and volleyball team and grew into one of the most valuable players, if not the. Kris had known all along what her future would be. She'd professionalize in either volley or swimming and spent her life doing what she loved. That all feel apart when the Acies showed their ugly faces.

The taking of the Pokémon didn't affect Kris that much, she never had a lot of interest in it and the family didn't have any Pokémon of their own. Joseph was a marine geologist, not a biologist. What did hit them hard, however, was the closing of the museum. The Acies didn't see much use in something like a museum and promptly closed it. It was Joseph that Kris had inherited her temperament from, the closing of the museum was the last drop in a bucket of frustration Joseph had been harboring. He'd decided to join the revolutionaries and travelled toMauville where most of them were situated. About a month later they saw him again, on the television where they showed the captured revolutionaries. They didn't air the execution but there was little doubt to what had happened to him.

Both Coraline and Kris were devastated. Coraline had to get a new job now as the museum was closed and the only thing she could find was to be a secretary for an Acies officer. This was really just rubbing salt into a very deep wound, and all of it together made Kris a very angry girl. She started to get into fights over the slightest provocation and Coraline was scared to death that Kris might provoke an Acies member and get herself into a lot of trouble. There were a lot of time when Kris really, really wanted to, but she didn't. In her logic, she wanted the Acies to pay, all of them, and there was no way she could do that if she got executed or jailed for fighting with a lowly grunt. There was no doubt in Kris' mind that sometime, someday, she'd join the revolutionaries, just as there was no doubt in her mind that there would be revolutionaries again. The question was only: how?

Favourite element: Ground

Sample:

From Arcanum:
Spoiler:

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
Swan: An excellent application!

Kris will be added to the top, and-
Spoiler:

And you may start!

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2013
May I stay in this RP? I haven't been able to post lately due to computer troubles. And by computer troubles I mean an almost fried hard drive and a cracked screen. I'll get my next post up as soon as I can.

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
May I stay in this RP? I haven't been able to post lately due to computer troubles. And by computer troubles I mean an almost fried hard drive and a cracked screen. I'll get my next post up as soon as I can.

Yup, that is totally fine! c:

Kikpanther

Years
I'd like to stay in the RP.

And for Courtney's next area, where she's supposed to fight the Acies trainer, are the Pokemon still the same? (Had one more I wanted to get. >w>)

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
Kiklion: I'll keep you in the RP. c:

Right now, just battle the Acies trainer. I'll post what Pokemon are available in it soon.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Name of Character: Asper Dylan

Age of Character: 15

Appearance:
Asper has long brown, shoulder length hair that looks nice against his leather jacket. His red athelitic shirt is a bit baggy but still looks decent. His jeans have rips at the knees and are slightly to tight. His smooth Oakley glasses make him look similar to a MIB agent. His shoes are all white and are evidently worn in many places. Asper looks overall like a cross between a gangster and someone working for the FBI.

Region From: Kanto

History:Asper was raised as a poor farm boy with barely any paycheck. Ever since his father abandoned him at the age of 6 he has had to do everything on the farm because his mom was still depressed about his father. Asper has had many near misses with pokemon. One time when Asper was walking back home alomg the same mountain path he took every day to get to the trade center and back, he saw an adorable little Pidgey. Asper was only seven so he tried to go out and pet it. The Pidgey didn't like this gesture so Pidgey used gust and nearly blew him off the mountain. Thankfully a man was walking by at this time and caught him before he could fall off the edge. Asper has also had many good memorys in his past. For example when Asper was eight he saw a women being robbed of here pokemon, though he was scared he acted and took down the thief by sneaking up behind him and wacking him in the crotch with a cro bar. Asper was considered a hero at that time and was awarded the citys highest honor. At the age of nine he moved here to Pallet Towm in Kanto and had to start anew. Asper was so upset because before he was considered a hero and no he is considered a nobody. But then he got a letter, the letter that would change his life for good. Ever since he got the letter to go to the pokemon lab is life has changed drastically. Some of these changes include more money and some include better bonuses like being with pokemon. Asper has undergone major change from poor farm boy to have it all pokemon trainer and he will conqueror the pokemon league.

Roleplay Example: I havn't been in one so I'm maing this up on the spot.

I wasn't sure what happened but I knew I was in mortal peril. I had to keep running and that's all I knew. I was clutching my side and every breath I took burned like a Wild Fire. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going I just need to put as much distance as possiple between me and those men. They wanted desperately to kill me under means nessisary. I rushed pass a woman and quickly heard a, "Asper whats wrong?" before speeding onward. The trail ahead was rocky and uneven with tree roots strewn across the ground just waiting to trip someone. It was hard to run so fast and still manage to stay standing on this path. It went on and on for what felt like hours. I had managed to stay standing thus far but only to be tripped by a low tree root. I was sent face first into the ground. I hear the rush of the bullets coming from afar. I wanted stay and rest and every part of me was begging for it too. I couldn't other wise thier would be no more me.

Favorite Element: Fire

Back