• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Shiny

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2013
Linoone.

But I accidentally OHKO'd it with my Blaziken because at the time I thought shiny Pokemon were stronger than regular Pokemon, etc etc....

Yeah I was hugely embarrassed afterwards. ._.

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
My first Shiny was a Shiny Raticate for my DS copy. It's the only legit shiny I've gotten. But when I play on a ROM I get shinies quiet often idk why though. I was playing crystal on VBA and I just started it and I found a Shiny Hoppip but I didn't have Pokèballs. Then once I got Pokèballs I was searching for Phanpy and found Shiny Geodude instead lol

Pokemon_Trainer_Danny

Slateport resident
Years
Meet the shiny Pokémon killer!

The red Gyarados in Pokémon Gold, of course. After that, I encountered a shiny Ryhorn on Victory Road, and I ruthlessly killed it... :(

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Red Gyarados doesn't count for this...obviously hehe

In Pokemon Ruby, during training sessions, I happen to come across a Loudred. Funny to say at the least, when I encounter a Pokemon, I rarely pay attention to the entrance & start to play attention when the battle choices are up. I did randomly catch Loudred, though at the time I don't think I had him caught yet, but never evolved my Whismur either.

After a while I was scouting through my PC, I noticed when I started to use him to train, I came across another Loudred, I noticed mine was a different color! That's when I realize that Shiny Pokemon actually exist. It was just a strange moment pretty much. I did wonder why the stars come out everytime, until I fully understood everything :P

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Ohai Red Gyarados in Gold version. You and your cousin - the Red Gyarados in SoulSilver - have the dual-honour of being the only shiny Pokemon that I've ever seen. I think I might have caught the Gold Red Gyarados, but I can definitely remember making the SoulSilver one faint.

Yes, I've never seen a shiny apart from these two. I'll go hang my head in shame now.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014
The first shiny that I can remember was a shiny Chimchar in Pokemon White. I was hatching eggs in order to get a good nature for an Infernape and I was caught by surprise when I saw it.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Spr_3e_261_s.gif

<3

Emerald. I named him Shinyfang.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
To this day I still think I came across a shiny Zubat in Gold, but since I was young and silly enough not to capture it and check it's unconfirmed.

So, technically speaking, my first shiny was a Floatzel I found in Diamond while using the PokeRadar to look for Ditto. Funny thing is, the grass didn't even turn white like it does to indicate shinies.

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
My first Shiny...I don't even know it anymore. I think it was either a Shiny Dusclops in Ruby (long live the Sky Pillar) or a Shiny Tentacool in Emerald.
Still got them both, although they are now evolved :)

.Scream

Professor
Years
Sandshrew in the Pearl HG safari zone. I was unlucky up until then. Then I got Zubat, Poochyena and Geodude.

Pothus

The Necromancer
Years
My first shiny was a level 3 Ratatta. I was playing FireRed, and boy was I happy :). It was approximately 3-4 months ago.

My next encounter with a shiny Pokemon was in Pokemon Emerald version I found a shiny Nincada. Which was roughly 5 days ago.

Both not great Pokemon, so I never used them on my team.

Spr_3e_290_s.gif
Spr_3f_019_s.png

Sirfetch’d

My first shiny was a level 3 Ratatta. I was playing FireRed, and boy was I happy :). It was approximately 3-4 months ago.

My next encounter with a shiny Pokemon was in Pokemon Emerald version I found a shiny Nincada. Which was roughly 5 days ago.

Both not great Pokemon, so I never used them on my team.

Spr_3e_290_s.gif
Spr_3f_019_s.png

I believe, correct me if I am wrong, but won't you get a shiny ninjask and shednija if you evolve your nincada. Ninjask also can be really awesome.

Pinta77

My first shiny (besides gyarados of course) was an Azumarril my friend traded me.

Back