• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first Pokémon experience?

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
As the title suggests what was the first thing that you experienced about Pokémon?Was it the anime, maybe one of the games or perhaps the manga?Ultimately what was the first thing that you saw, played or read about Pokémon that made you fall in love with it and now have a account in PC?

Sirfetch’d

I remember it like it was yesterday. My mom bought me a Gameboy and a Pokemon Blue version. I may never have gotten into Pokemon had it not been for her. She just randomly bought a game to go with the Gameboy. That was my first Pokemon experience. It took both if us to find out how to exit my house on my first playthrough.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
It was the anime that caught my attention at first. I just barely remember changing channels to see what was on, and Pokemon was on (I think it was the 10th or 11th episode) - from there I got hooked on the show.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I don't remember. I would say the show got me first. When Pikachu defended Ash aginst the Sparow. I don't know when I started watching it exacly. I know it was before the First Movie came out. I got Blue in 99 or so. It was before Gold came out,but after Gameboy Color came out. I didn't even get passed Viridian City because I didn't know how to get the man out of the road. It was a few months later before I actually learned how.

Years
It was the anime that got me into Pokemon. I remember wanting to tune in every morning before school to watch Ash and co. and since then, that led me to playing the games too.

Zapperz

colour swapper!
Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
I got into Pokemon first from watching its anime. the show had many bright colours and it, caught my attention. then maybe soon after family went to a CD game shop and I bought a Pokemon CD game. I started playing Pokemon Gold from it and soon after been hooked on to pokemon ever since.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Mystery of Mount Moon! First episode I ever watched and my first exposure to Pokemon. Eventually when I turned eight I finally got my first Pokemon games which were Silver and Gold, which was about a year later after I started watching Pokemon.

Triston1zn

GYM LEADER
Years
My first ever experience just happens to be episode one of the anime LOL
Ash, getting Pikachu and setting off on his adventure....I'll never forget the day.

Even though I've always preferred anime like DragonballZ and Naruto to Pokemon, It's still in my top 5!

SO safe to say, I enjoyed the POKEMON YELLOW game ALOT more than most people lol

weasel king

Cubone Lord and Dragon Master
Years
My cousin plays it, so I said, '' Let me try.'' Then he gave me some Pokemon cards.
THANKS, CUZ!!!!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
My first experiences with Pokemon were the cards, toys and the show. I wasn't sure exactly what came first, though.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
When I was very much younger, I was watching my neighbour playing Pokemon Gold on her Gameboy and I got interested. She lent the Gameboy to me and I moved the character around a little. I soon got my own Gameboy and I asked her to lend the whole cartridge to me. I managed to get up to the Elite 4 using only a level 70+ Fearow, a level 50+ Feraligatr and the rest of the team still level 2-4. xD I remember that moment as clear as a bell.

Years
Let's see. I think my first experience was watching the anime when I was very young, but my parents wouldn't let me keep watching it because it wasn't an accurate portrayal of life or something? (i.e. people could get struck by a bolt of electricity and be A-Ok, and they didn't want me thinking I could do stuff like that or something) My REAL first experience was with the trading card game though. There was a tournament at my camp, and I started to learn how to play. I still have my deck (which has an awesome electivire) somewhere lol.

But what really made me fall in love with it was the anime when I started watching it when I was 10, and then rewatching it when I was 12 or 13. From there I continued to get the games, and so on and so on!

Icy Burn

Beginner Breeder | Kyurem W <3
Years
Year? - 2002
Date? - 24th November (I did save the date as it was so great)
Game? Pokemon Red
How? - My mate, Tim, was always talking about this thing called Pokemon. None of our friends knew what it was, but to me it sounded interesting. So I invited him to my house, he brought his gameboy, and yeah. My Pokemon love blossomed. :3

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
According to my mom, I was like idk 3-4 and my uncle was a gamer and had super smash bros melee and I saw the cutest thing ever. Pikachu. It used lightning and quick attack and it was amazing. I eventually got Ruby and my real journey started. I got a game for each gen. I had Yellow, emulated Gold, Ruby, Emerald, Diamond, Platinum, Black and I may emulate White 2. But yeah, that's the beginning.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jul 19, 2021
The first time I got into Pokémon, was probably when my friend showed me a episode online. I was just walking around, and I saw it.

aspie3000

Unova Champion
Years
The first Pokemon experience I had was when I was four or five and the show came on. I think it was even the first episode where the Sparrow attacked Pikachu and Pikachu owned them all.

Tetrakeet

Lilligant's Caretaker
Years
The first Pokemon experience I had was when I was four or five and the show came on. I think it was even the first episode where the Sparrow attacked Pikachu and Pikachu owned them all.

Heyyy that's the exact way it was for me. :D That was a good episode. The old show was my favorite! Gotta love the old feisty Pikachu too!

Years
The first thing I remember caring about of the franchise was the anime back when it first came out. I distincly remember watching the Battle on the St. Anne episode first, which turned out to be the first episode shown here as a sneak peek. I don't know how I got word of the series as soon as the first episode, but from then I was hooked. What made me get an account at PC wasn't the anime, though, it was actually the games.

von Weltschmerz

the first born unicorn
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
A very long time ago, I once got a game boy color. With it, a copy of Pokemon Yellow version. From that day forth, I was forever enslaved into the franchise ;__; I played the game all day, every day. I immediately got other versions like Red(and my brother got Blue) and what not. I never could afford the games when they came out, really. So I'd have to wait a while for the prices to drop... but I didn't mind at that time. Now I enjoy Pokemon primarily for nostalgia... but it has a lot more strategic elements than I originally anticipated... I just need to get the games and system again... Yeah right, ha! For now I just emulate... but it is so lonely not being able to breed/trade/battle with other people...

Back