• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Grace

What generation music do you want in the game?

• Generation 1

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Generation 3

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Generation 4

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Generation 5

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters

Whitney's Shaymin

Creator Of Pokemon Grace
Years
First off this game is made with RMXP

Story

Welcome to the region of
Muerte where the grass is grey and the Pokemon are poached. Yes the Pokemon of this region are being poached. By none other than Team Rocket. But 2 Pokemon from the region are trying to stop them. Those Pokemon are Meloetta and Shaymin. But they also need a trainer with Pokemon to help them. You are that trainer. But you don't know that and neither does Shaymin or Meloetta. All you know is that you are going on a journey. Along with your friends Roxie and Falkner you are going on a journey. Roxie and Falkner are the same age as you (10 also they are not gym leaders at this point) You are Oak's other grandson who has moved to the Muetre region. Professor Rowan has also moved to the Sienna region.

Characters

Player: The player is Professor Oaks new grandson. His friends are Roxie and Falkner.

Falkner: His dad is the Violet City Gym Leader in Johto. He is living with his mother until he is old enough to move to Johto to take his dad's job.

Roxie: Her dad lives in Unova and is a ship captain there. She wishes to move there to become the gym leader in her home town. She moved to Muerte to live with her mom.

Features

-120 or so Regional Pokedex
-The return of old characters (mostly because i don't have a spriter)
-Rivals are Gym Leaders (from old games) and bring some backstory to them.
-2 Main character Pokemon
-More for you to find out

Now for some screens and stuff

screen_5_by_pokemoner2500-d6hloc1.jpg
screen_3_by_pokemoner2500-d6hlo7b.jpg
screen_4_by_pokemoner2500-d6hlntb.jpg
screen_2_by_pokemoner2500-d6hlnyy.jpg
screen_1_by_pokemoner2500-d6hlo3t.jpg

Credits

Credit to the maker of Pokemon Essentials starter kit.
Credit to Saving Raven for new Gary Backsprite.
Credit to.. Nintendo for the original Pokemon games because without them none of this would be possible.
Luka_SJ for the VS script in Pokemon Essentials.

If theres any credit I missed let me know and I will add credit.

Team
I am recruiting and currently so if you wish to join fill out this form

Username-
Position Wanted-
Preferred method of contact(either email or PM would be nice)-
Examples of work-
Timezone-
Any extra info i need to know for work-

Team so far
Pokemoner2500 - Game Manager/Mapper
Torterra10 - New Spriter
Kronos9 - Part-Time Mapper
Darkrai666 - Beta Tester
JNathan - Beta Tester
GoldenRaquaza - Beta Tester/Mapper

Pokemon-Diamond - Some Tiles

Support Userbar (only 1 now)

x08.png

pw0w.png

Both made by KirakonGxi​

Last edited:

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
A tight regional Pokedex and more Team Rocket(I might be alone on that) are a plus for me!

You meant that the gym leader's children are your rivals yes?

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I dont like that elm moved to sienna, it might behoove you to make a new professor

also, you say the player is professor oak's new grandson, but you are silver's kid - silver is not the son of professor oak, he is the son of giovanni

edit*the reason I dont like elm moving is because of the pokemon timeline
meaning, falkner and roxie are younger than they are in the official games, regardless of where unova lies in the time stream of pokemon, this game has to be before gold and silver because falkner is the leader in gold and silver but in this game he is younger and therefore not the leader
having elm move to here would seem a little out of place as he is working to become a professor at this time studying under professor oak (or something like that i forget exactly)

edit*isn't Carmaniac on your team as your mapper, since he is your mapper (as you stated in the credits)

Whitney's Shaymin

Creator Of Pokemon Grace
Years
Yeah i know the timeline is way off and im trying to balance it. And the silver thing got scraped unless you can make a new falkner OW and trainer sprite to make it seem like it's Falkner's kid. And roxie is from unova so no conflicts there. I could always have Silver's kid and Falkner's kid be rivals but I would need new Falkner sprites. And maybe a new professor would work instead of new sprites. As you can see I do need a lot of help with this.

Also about Carmaniac I haven't heard from him in ages so I don't know if I can still consider him my mapper.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Yeah i know the timeline is way off and im trying to balance it. And the silver thing got scraped unless you can make a new falkner OW and trainer sprite to make it seem like it's Falkner's kid. And roxie is from unova so no conflicts there. I could always have Silver's kid and Falkner's kid be rivals but I would need new Falkner sprites. And maybe a new professor would work instead of new sprites. As you can see I do need a lot of help with this.

Also about Carmaniac I haven't heard from him in ages so I don't know if I can still consider him my mapper.

well if its scrapped you should change it so others dont get confused

now lets see if I can help iron out these things
you can leave the falkner and roxie with their mother things how it is, and just have the game be before gold and silver, and at the end of the game, they have grown and go to take their places as the gym leaders, and have the whole (their dad's were there before hand) happen off screen, while roxie goes and becomes leader during b/w2, but she goes off to get stronger in your game (since theres at least 2-4 years til she becomes leader)

as for the player, just dont have it be the whole silver thing, and just say it's oak's grandson, and you should be fine, you dont even really need to mention your dad, although you could have your father be the unmentioned father of blue, and be his brother or something, or have the mother live in this region and have the player live with her here

and finally, just have a new professor of the region

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
actually, you could have it rowan since he says he's coming from another region - he could be travelling around and have stayed in your region for a while

Whitney's Shaymin

Creator Of Pokemon Grace
Years
Seems legit. I will get that going. But now i need a OW i wonder if my kits have one. Actually can you make me one? Wow i hope i don't sound like an ass with all my requests.

Whitney's Shaymin

Creator Of Pokemon Grace
Years
Finished the lab event (it is really big that's why it took so long.) and hope to start working on new events. Still need people if someone wants to help let me know.

Whitney's Shaymin

Creator Of Pokemon Grace
Years
Okay, give me a PM with your ideas and i will integrate them into the game if I like em.

Here's a rough preview of the Sienna Region Map

33yko4k.png

Last edited:

Ęℓαчиıı

Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
Years
Seems legit. I will get that going. But now i need a OW i wonder if my kits have one. Actually can you make me one? Wow i hope i don't sound like an ass with all my requests.

You don't sound like an ass, you just sound lazy.

If you don't have any proper resources, check the Spriters Resource. A quick glance over there and I easily found Rowan's overworld. Regardless, try to search next time before you make a request. Take it from me, some—if not most—people won't help you until you help yourself.

Whitney's Shaymin

Creator Of Pokemon Grace
Years
You don't sound like an ass, you just sound lazy.

If you don't have any proper resources, check the Spriters Resource. A quick glance over there and I easily found Rowan's overworld. Regardless, try to search next time before you make a request. Take it from me, some—if not most—people won't help you until you help yourself.

Here's whats wrong though. If I resize them they look crappy, if I ask Saving Raven to help me, I get it no problem and it looks great. Trust me I've tried without help and it looked horrible. But now that Saving Raven is helping me it looks good. But thanks for commenting.

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
Here's whats wrong though. If I resize them they look crappy, if I ask Saving Raven to help me, I get it no problem and it looks great. Trust me I've tried without help and it looked horrible. But now that Saving Raven is helping me it looks good. But thanks for commenting.

Are you resizing them properly?

Chances are, if they look horrible, you're not. I'm going to assume you're using MS Paint. Open up your image in Paint, select your image and click Resize. Ignore the bottom half, there's no need to worry about it. Up where it says Resize check to make sure "Percentage" and "Maintain aspect ratio" are selected. Two boxes with the number "100" are entered in; erase the "1" and change it to "2" and this way you've got them resize properly with no jagged pixels. :P

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
I'm not too familiar with Paint.NET.
Sorry. :c

Well, just practice around with different programs and see which ones work for you. c:
Good luck. I might just make a userbar for you game, if I don't forget.

Back