• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Rocket Strike (IPS-Patch released!)

AmazingCharizard

Pokemon Rocket Strike creator
Years
Introduction:
This is a Hack of Pokemon FireRed US.
Hey, I'm AmazingCharizard aka RocketLeader(best name ever btw since it's true :) )and this is my first attempt at Pokemon Rom hacking. So please have this in mind as you play this hack that I've tried my best since the idea of being a member of Team Rocket has always fascinated me.
I'm still waiting for Game Freak to hire me and grant you to give you what probably everyone of us wants to do. But since I'll need to get my degree at university first I'm on my own for now...

So what're the differences to Pokemon FireRed? Here's a little list:
-Play on the side of Team Rocket!
-Catch over 380 Pokemon, most of them catchable before the Pokemon League!
-Slight evolution changes for a few Pokemon: For example, Trapinch evolves at Level 30 instead of 35, but Vibrava will evolve at level 50.
-Relive Kanto as it should've been(at least for me)with new areas to explore and new challenges awaiting you!
-BW-Pokemon-Sprites!
-Gen 4 & 5 Pokemon!
-Pokemon which acquired special circumstances to evolve(like trading or happiness) will evolve more easily through level up(or evolution stones).
-Much humor and many references to real life happenings and characters! Some may like it, some won't, that's only up to you.
-Your adventure is far from over after the Pokemon League!
-The story has been noticably changed(isn't that obvious anyway?)!
-Difficulty has been increased as I think that the original FireRed(and by the way most of the Pokemon games are way too easy)lacks difficulty!
-Meet familar faces from other Pokemon games who'll be either friend or foe(rather foe, better than if it was the opposite, right?)!

Very important: Read this before you play!
-Make sure to get the National Pokedex or most of your Pokemon won't evolve! You get the National Pokedex pretty early in the beginning.
-Some road blocks will ony vanish if you got the right badge! For example the policeman at Route 107 will only disappear if you got 2 badges(Sometimes you need to leave and come back.
-Talk to everyone. Seriously, even if you don't like to hear(read) what Youngster Joey has to say about his Rattata, listen to the people. I hope you won't regret this.
-Open your eyes.Pokemon is about discovering on your own. When you've spent at least a month and you still can't progress then feel free to post your problem here.

After the main story: If you want to continue you need to have captured at least 60 Pokemon! and then talk to you-will-know-who. It doesn't matter if they're originally from Kanto or from other regions!

FAQ & Walkthrough: Check out these links, it may help you when you got a question or can't progress further:
http://www.vizzed.com/boards/thread.php?id=72130
Spoiler:

UPDATE: So, for those people who couldn't or didn't want to to play using Vizzed, I've uploaded an IPS-patch. Download this patch and use it on a clean Firered 1.0 rom (which you have to get yourself of course). If you've played on Vizzed and still would like to do so, you still can. Happy playing, guys & girls!
http://www6.zippyshare.com/v/er0WDvZB/file.html

Screenshots:: You find a few in the Attachments and in the spoiler. I don't want to spoil too much so the screenshots hopefully won't tell you that much about the plot itself.

Spoiler:

Update: Here are (probably) all changed evolutions, just in case you need them.
Spoiler:

Credits:
- Nintendo & Game Freak of course...
- Chaos Rush - For BW-Sprites
- Physx - for Sprites
- Lu-Ho,HackMew,... - For Tools like AdvancedMap, A-Trainer and more
- Pokecommunity Hack's showcase - For getting me excited about Pokemon hacks in the first place
- earthwarrior, locksmitharmy, PinkishPurple - Tutorials
- \Nate(I hope I wrote it right) - Rom Base

Closing Notes:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2016
this looks great i would have played it but its on vizzed.com i dont have internet connection at my home too bad u have to give ips patch of this hack.in pokecommunity we wont go online to play hacks trust me if u upload ips file it will have lots of players so pls upload an ips file

Yuuki_Asura

Rom Hack Lover as of 2009... XD
Years
Gah I really want to play this game but I have a mac and it doesn't work. T_T

Don't Worry I'm a Mac User as Well, Read this Guide Step by Step

1.Download the Patch on the 1st Post

2.Download a Rom Patcher

For Windows OS
use patcher Tsukuyomi Or NUPS(for Ups) Or LunarIPS (for IPS)

For Mac OS
Multipatch(You can patch both UPS & IPS on Multipatch )

3. download A Clean Firered USA Rom

4. done just play it with a gba emulator

(if don't have the programs,The Rom google it, Cause Sharing Roms is Against The Forum Rules or how to patch roms there are alot of tutorials on youtube)
[NOTICE When rom patching Always make sure you have The Right Region (Ex.Pokemon Ruby USA) ]
[2nd NOTICE : if Some Rom Patches Appear to be in a Rar Folder like this (Ex.DR2.rar) You Need Extract the File with Programs Similar like Winrar (Windows) or The Unarchiver (Mac) ]

Years

Don't Worry I'm a Mac User as Well, Read this Guide Step by Step

1.Download the Patch on the 1st Post

2.Download a Rom Patcher

For Windows OS
use patcher Tsukuyomi Or NUPS(for Ups) Or LunarIPS (for IPS)

For Mac OS
Multipatch(You can patch both UPS & IPS on Multipatch )

3. download A Clean Firered USA Rom

4. done just play it with a gba emulator

(if don't have the programs,The Rom google it, Cause Sharing Roms is Against The Forum Rules or how to patch roms there are alot of tutorials on youtube)
[NOTICE When rom patching Always make sure you have The Right Region (Ex.Pokemon Ruby USA) ]
[2nd NOTICE : if Some Rom Patches Appear to be in a Rar Folder like this (Ex.DR2.rar) You Need Extract the File with Programs Similar like Winrar (Windows) or The Unarchiver (Mac) ]

Did you even read the first post before copy paste this there is no Download...
:pink_giggle:

Last edited:
Years
Anyway no offence but why people say no patching or download are required in a so excited way im sure 99% of the hacked pokemon roms players dont give a crap about online playing xD

This hack looks so funny and good for a rushed game who was made for a competition it would be so much better to see it made as a normal hack and like the others said can we get the download when the competition is over?

AmazingCharizard

Years
Hehe, I'm not that excited about that lol...
Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to post the download.
However, I think of "remaking" it and then release it for you to download(actually you can play it on mobile/tab/whatever, I'm not just gonna tell you that :P ), if I got some more free time and survive my exams

Years
There actually is a way to play offline in VBA (or whatever your GBA emulator of choice may be). It does require the RGR plugin, though.

1. Open the game in the RGR plugin.
2. As soon as the game loads, close the plugin.
3. Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Vizzed\VizzedRgrPlugin\Roms (Windows XP) or C:\ProgramData\Vizzed\VizzedRgrPlugin\Roms (Windows Vista/7/8).
4. The .gba rom will be there! Now all you have to do is copy it to wherever you store your hacks/GBA roms.

This actually applies to any game available in the RGR. ;)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 15, 2016
This looks fantastic, but I'd recommend some kind of Rocket overworld and battle sprite for your character so you're not just Red. Unless that makes sense in the story, sorry lol.

Near~

The End is Near...
Years
2,400+ Views only 17 Replies, A really good hack a lot of people are missing out XD
Well I like the idea i thought it was a ROM hack or is it o.O lol sorry I cannot even press the "Play now" Button But looks very good and I will look forward to it later ^^ Best of luck my friend

AmazingCharizard

Years
2,400+ Views only 17 Replies, A really good hack a lot of people are missing out XD
Well I like the idea i thought it was a ROM hack or is it o.O lol sorry I cannot even press the "Play now" Button But looks very good and I will look forward to it later ^^ Best of luck my friend

Thanks, that means a lot...well, it is a ROM hack ;)
(I just noticed your rom bases, they're pretty good, buddy :) )

Back