• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Incredibly Wandering Thread V3 ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
I am half half on having Phione ;-;. I liked Manaphy but then I don't see the point of a baby legendary just like it, it should of more been an evolution to Manaphy honestly then a seperate Pokemon itself :(

Also there's already plenty of legendaries I don't honestly see why we need Phione, but it's adorable. ;-;

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I like Phione's design more than Manaphy's. I hate those eyelash things. And Phione is kind of useless and unnecessary, so I wish they had just made one of them, but not both. It seems pointless, as if they were making legendaries for the sake of making legendaries.

Hey hey, let's not have the Wandering Thread die!

Years
I was always curious about why Phione breeds from Manaphy, yet it doesn't evolve into Manaphy. Manaphy was alright, but I don't think Phione was even needed.

And thanks Sydian for reminding me this thread is still not dead.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
It's too bad they can't just scrap Manaphy and give its stats and movesets to Phione lmao. I guess I'm alone when I say I like Phione's design (and name, now that I think about it) better than Manaphy's. Manaphy is just so ugly. :(

I keep typing Mantine instead of Manaphy. ~_~

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Yes we must keep this wandering thread alive. <3

Yeah I sort of find Phione unnecessary honestly, I would be alright if it was an evolution to Manaphy but it isn't so really I don't see the point of it existing. The design is adorable don't get me wrong, but it was too similar and was like a duplicate of Manaphy basically, except smaller. :B

I don't think I have a problem with any other legendaries though, its just there were too many all over the place in Gen 4 so legendaries honestly just felt like catching a normal wild Pokemon, does anyone else feel this way? :x

Years
I don't think I have a problem with any other legendaries though, its just there were too many all over the place in Gen 4 so legendaries honestly just felt like catching a normal wild Pokemon, does anyone else feel this way? :x

Yeah, I did think Gen 4 went overboard with all those Legendaries, it made me think they weren't special anymore. I loved the dragon trio of D/P/Pt though, but especially Dialga (just cos it's blue lol, color bias!).

Darkrai and Giratina were pretty badass, while the Lake Guardians and Shaymin brought us the usual cute Legendary to the mix. I remember watching the Marriland's Pokemon Platinum Adventure video LP's and he used an Azelf on his team in that, with a pretty beastly moveset too - Psychic, Thunderbolt, Nasty Plot and Flamethrower.

I have to say, out of the Lake Guardians, Azelf is definitely the best in battle since it's fast and Nasty Plot can make it even more threatening.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yes, there were way too many imo, but I liked their designs for the most part. Like I said, Manaphy should be scrapped in favor of Phione and just get a stat + learnset swap, but Heatran was a bit meh too. I don't get why they made it 50/50 for male or female though. XD I used to catch female Heatran only for lolz. The other legendaries I felt were designed well, however when comparing Dialga and Palkia to Zekrom and Reshiram, I feel that they fall flat. Dialga and Palkia were a bit overdone in my opinion.

Darkrai is perfect and flawless in every way. <3 I like both Shaymin formes, though I wouldn't have minded if we just got Skymin instead of land forme Shaymin. I don't think both formes are necessary. At least Giratina's other forme makes sense.

The Lake Trio was okay. They look too similar imo, but they're not awful. Cresselia was neat. And I think Arceus looks pretty cool too.

-wipes forehead- I think I covered them all. ~_~

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
The designs were a bit overdone, could of been better honestly but I like most of them. I think I hated Heatran's design though XD;, it looked rather ugly and had a squashed sort of face. Also it sort of had this scary look in its eyes, I never even really liked it as a Pokemon honestly. :P

It has a interesting type combination but its speed and 4x weaknesses are really frustrating and annoying when you're trying to work with it. Honestly I think Heatran is my least favourite legendary. :B. I loved the Shaymin forms but I suppose they could of scraped Shaymin and kept its sky forme.

I don't honestly like creepy looking Pokemon and the plot behind Darkrai was rather scary but it's a badass looking Pokemon and the events that happen before you can obtain it are quite interesting :x. Also I think the best legendary design-wise in Gen 4 was honestly Giratina. It looked ghastly and mysterious, it just looked amazingly sleek and badass. I loved the thing. <3

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I love Heatran despite it's 4x weakness. I've used it competitively, and it's pre' badass with an Air Balloon and the right moveset. PLUS, I don't think its design is all that bad; in fact its one of my favourite designs out of all the legendaries.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Speaking of balloon Heatran...

heatran_wuvs_balloon_by_pyritie-d2z6apb.png

If you look at it this way, it's adorable. n___n I made this into a theme for Hiidoran long ago actually haha. It turned out quite nice! ...Yeah seeing this I change my mind about Heatran. lol

Years
Looks like lots of people have birthdays today:

nidorina, Aisu, Neptune23, Sneas, Gonz0, DarknessSneasel, Demeter, GodcalledBOB, Pokemidnight, droomph

tumblr_lvws5pScnY1qm5i0po1_500.jpg

Happy b-day to you all!

Years
My party time won't be for another 7 months, but I still love celebrating birthdays.

And oh god I'm 21 this year... this Oshawott is sure getting old.

Back