• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
If you thoroughly read the opening post of this (the OOC) thread you'll find a list of the teachers at the Academy, along with the subjects they oversee.

Daixtey

The Sin of Joy
Years
Name: Dan'jel Wenamore

Nickname: Dan

Sex: Male

Dorm: Raikou Dorm

Appearance: Dan'jel really never cared for what he looks, so he has a casual clothes style, Jeans, Sneakers, Hoodie and his trusty Backpack is always with him. Other than that he has loose hair that he lets basically go wild, which works since it's short, neck-length. And other then that he wears black glasses. To his height he is 5 foot 3

Personality: Dan'jel stays quiet normally around people, but if people talk with him he can get quiet talk-active, which can get weird. He tries to stay friendly with people sometimes but his personality can be hard in that, he is a huge perfectionist and wants to be in everything good he tries, if he is not and people start critizing him he can be arrogant and defensive. And then he is very learn-hungry, and if he knows something he can't stop himself trying to tell people it just to show he can do it

History: Born and raised in Olivine City, he got raised by a father who loves Water-Pokemon and a mother who loves to care for Pokemon. And so Dan'jel quickly learned how to treat Pokemon and especially love the Water-Pokemon his Dad showed him, and so he grew up rather learning about Pokemon than about good behaviour. Then came the day his dad took him down to the beach for something "special", he was ten at that moment. His dad introduced him to Dan'jel's first Pokemon a Totodile and named it Ail. The nickname came from the way Dan'jel said the "dile" from "Totodile". Never went a day bye Dan'jel didn't had fun with his Totodile, and so the days went over quickly, as he got older Dan'jel made his parents some problems, but nothing big and bad most of the time they just told him off and let him be with that. The days went in and bye, until the day a package arrived at the home of the Wenamore...

Pokémon:
Species: Totodile
Nickname: Ail
Personality: Ail is as Dan'jel a little rebel, quite jumpy in his behaviour and quite curious of his surrondings. This way he knows how to get Dan'jel in quite some awkward situations, but overall he feels very strong to Dan'jel, or he wouldn't have been with him for 5 years now, but they never really trained or battled. This is why Ail is inexperienced in that
Lvl(Max 30): 20
Moves: Scratch, Bite, Water Gun, Ice Fang

Opening Post: "Ail! Come back with that!" Dan'jel was chasing Ail through his room, and tried to catch him since Ail made a fun out of taking one of Dan'jel's text books in his mouth. He soon cornered Ail and was about catching him "Dan'jel! Could you come down?" A man voice shouted from down the house, Dan'jel sighed and turned around to go to the door "You can come with me, alright?" He looked back at Ail, who looked startled with the text book in his maw, but nods eagerly and crawls to follow him.

As Dan'jel came down the stairs, thinking what he maybe gets asked, it will probably be about that package they earlier got. Dan'jel still couldn't believe it, that was something he waited since he was ten to something like that, and Aile was eagerly excited Dan'jel could notice that. His Parents seemed willingly at first, so he went up to pack enough for this journey and so he didn't knew why his dad called him again.

He stepped into the living room, where his mother and father were looking together at another piece of paper "Here, look at this" His dad showed the paper to him, Dan'jel took it slowly in his hands and flew over what it said. Something from his old school, a exam that he still had to take "You are going to do that right?" Dan'jel gulped and nodded, even though he is miserable with learning and taking exams, he still had to do it or is dad wouldn't let him go to the academy.

He left the room with some mixed thoughts, he had to take this exam tomorrow and then also the boat to the Academy, this was a odd way saying good bye to his old school but as he already thought earlier, he had to do it. Back in his room he finished packing some stuff, looking over to the books with the topic the exam was about from his school "Hmm... Wild Pokemon, and behaviour" He picked up the book and read the title, maybe he should look into it. But he never could pay attention to something like this

After a while as the night fell, Dan'jel was still playing with Ail in his room thinking how the Academy would be like and what he wants to do there, and then he glimpsed over to his desk where the book was still laying there. Ail looking up to him curious "Nothing, I can do that tomorrow morning before I go there" He picks up Ail again, and they both look at a book over the various Water-Attacks that are known to be used by Pokemon "This is more exciting, right?" Dan'jel looked over his shoulder to Ail who layed next to him "Toto!" is what he got in response.

Slowly opening his eyes, Dan'jel's view got slowly better, grabbing his glasses he looks at the clock on his nightstand... 6:08 am... "What?! No! I have to be there by seven!" Dan'jel jumped up waking Ail in the progress who began crawling on the floor, trying to get awake, and Dan'jel began tear through his closet trying to find something to wear. Shortly after he got dresses, the clock read 6:15 am and he began to ran, leaving his book what he should have been learning still on the desk.

Right as class started, Dan'jel came running in, before going to his seat he got congratulated by his teacher "Hmm, so they know too" he went in his thoughts as he walked to his seat. The exam was easy, for the others, Dan'jel was sitting there silently praying to the almighty god of luck that one of his crossed answers might be right, so it wouldn't seem so bad to his parents, he waited till the final time for turning the papers in was reached, in hope his teacher thinks he tried at least. As he left the class, his happiness returned in once.

Yesterday he also spoke with his dad over how he will be travelling to the Academy, and his dad offered him to drive Dan'jel to the harbour where the ship was leaving from. As Dan'jel came out of the school he heard a honk from a car turning around seeing his dad smiling "A ride to the harbour?" He said with a quiet laugh, Dan'jel got into the car in a second with caution letting Ail inside "Try to hold Ail still, don't want to see claws on my seats back there" His dad said from up front, but Ail was happily resting in the lap of Dan'jel.

Dan'jel was going through if he had everything packed, yesterday. Luckily he didn't seem to have forgotten anything, as the harbour came closer to view from the car. His dad pulled over by the main entrance and looked back "Well, since I won't be around then you are in the Academy, I think you should also go alone to the ship" Dan'jel made a nod in response and left the car carrying Ail so he didn't leave scratches on the leather of the seats. Taking his trusty backpack and another bag he used to pack more random things, he began walking to the entrance. Turning around one last time waving his dad as he drove off again, last time thinking "Hopefully that exam was decent, don't want an angry letter soon"

In the harbour, it was not so full, a few in Dan'jel's age group but not much. Also the building seemed so clean, he liked it, and then he turned around a corner and saw it. It was the ferry which was leaving towards the Academy soon, though it was nothing special it still made him smile seeing this ferry. Quickly he began walking near it and up the ramp, reaching the top a obvious sailor who worked on the ship went up to him. Looking at a clip board "And you are...?" Dan'jel responded with self-confidence in his voice "Dan'jel... Dan'jel Wenamore" though he hated to say his full name, this is why he was prefering to be called Dan for a long time "Ah! There you are, welcome aboard we are soon leaving" The man said and greeted Dan'jel on the ship.

The sailor was right, soon after Dan'jel and Ail found their room the ship was leaving, the ship had some speed to it which was leaving a weird pressure on Dan'jel's stomach. But he could bear through it, since wasn't the guy that needed others around him he spend the time with Ail in his room, waiting on their arrival. They hadn't wait for long, or it just felt like it wasn't long to them. As it got announced that they arrive in a few minutes at the Academy, Ail instantly jumped and couldn't be holded still as Dan'jel began to carry his stuff again "Heh.. looks like you understand that we are almost there"

As he left his room, Dan'jel gasped a little by surprise seeing the island coming closer with the Academy. He waited in front of the ferry, not standing still as it got closer and closer to his destination, as they finally arrived he was one of the first to depart from the ferry. And looked around as he set foot on the island "Hey, Ail... We are here! This is the place for our future" He could hear a excited "Toto!" from Ail as he watched everything around him carefully with a smile...

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Where are all these new players coming form!? It's like... some sort of apocalypse!

Daixtey

The Sin of Joy
Years
Hehe... I actualy recently returned to the forums, and was looking for a RP, and got told by someone to look at this one, liked it... and wrote this the last 4 hours.. hope I did everything right :3

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@Monster Guy: If it's something you really want, you could always say your character was one of the NPCs that were snatched and turned into mons~

@KillerCroCohen & Plazma: Well, it's a sandbox RP which means the plot is what you make of it. I tend to have Team Rocket cause trouble, but for the most part the RP is about character development and having fun with your friends. At some point that will change when Team Rocket really forces the issue of their presence.

For now though, as we explained in the PTA Skype Chat, it's mostly about creating your own story.

@Daixtey: I love how the last few new users have made use of the opening post template. It makes me feel good about having introduced it as an option. Regardless, you're approved! Welcome to the RP. I'll try and add you to the Skype Group Chat soon, where you can get quicker answers for questions if you need them and socialize with your fellow RPer easier. >.o

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
Hehe... I actualy recently returned to the forums, and was looking for a RP, and got told by someone to look at this one, liked it... and wrote this the last 4 hours.. hope I did everything right :3

You thank me right away young man!
Well...older than me but still young!

Monster Guy

The Best Possible Thing!
Years
@Monster Guy: If it's something you really want, you could always say your character was one of the NPCs that were snatched and turned into mons~

Nah, that's ok. :)

Just posted. I left whoever it was Tim bumped into ambiguous, so whoever wants to be that person can take it. :) Just as long as someone takes it so I have someone to talk to.

PhantomPlazma

Born to be a champion
Years
Hey I just finished writing my first post and I'm just wondering do I just post it or do I have it checked before I post it

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Oh Murk Lucia passed you by, if you wish to try and run after her you can meet up with us, of course we're on the rocket plot so take that in mind too.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 14, 2023
Is this RP currently open to new members by chance? I'm new to the forums (my account is old but I've never been on), and I've been told this is a good RP to join. Sorry if this is a bother!

Dawn

Years
OH ARCEUS I got too comfortable with the PTA Skype chat and somehow managed to miss questions for five straight days. D;

Hnngh...

@PhantomPlazma: You don't need approval to post, no. :P We generally have a pretty relaxed attitude, so if you write something that totally isn't radicool or something I'll generally just ask you to change it and we can move on.

@NeonicBeast: Yes! Always. You will have a spot with your name on it, so feel free to begin working on your SU. We'd be glad to have you. c:

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 14, 2023
@NeonicBeast: Yes! Always. You will have a spot with your name on it, so feel free to begin working on your SU. We'd be glad to have you. c:

Alright, thank you for getting back to me! I'm new to forum RP, so it might take me a bit to get the hang of things. I hope that won't be too big of an issue. :x I'll try to have my SU up later tonight!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 8, 2014
Hey I'm new and want to sign up. I'm not the best writer but here is my SU attempt:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
@som3_clown: Reading your app there were a few awkward sentences that made me raise my brow,most notably "Despite his appearance as a killer he can actually be very sweet and loyal." You see when you want to compare someone to something you generally either use the phrase "X is like a Y" or "X is as (adjective) as a Y" in some cases. The way you wrote it suggests he's actually a murderer...

Ohgodhe'sactuallyamurderer.

Um... I find myself asking why the academy would accept a student whose public record includes psychotic fits of murderous rage. o___o; I'm also wondering how exactly he isn't wanted by the police after a stunt like that...

If you'd like, we can discuss this further in the chat as it's a somewhat complicated issue. As for the rest of your app... it was acceptable.

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
Years
So I finally got around to making a sign up for this RP.
Spoiler:

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Hey guys, whats up??
Sorry i have been kinda absent, but im back!
So what about going up to the mountain, are we still doing that??

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
Years
If you guys wouldn't mind adding me to the Skype group, I'd like to eventually get to working on (finally) making a good SU for the RP...

My Skype name is cosmic_fury just so you guys know.

Dawn

Years
@Monster Guy: Don't worry about none o' dat. If anything important happened it would be posted here.

Emakrul

To Hell and Back
Years
  • Age 30
  • yes
  • Seen Jun 6, 2016
Name: Max Huston Silas
Nickname: Silas
Dorm: Raiku dorm

Appearance: black hair that falls to the middle of his shoulders. 5'1" and growing. Hazel eyes, and super good looking. He always wears a shirt with art on it from his shop that he co-owns with a friend of his from the orphanage he grew up in. They are so close they consider each other brothers. Silas wears neon skinny jeans that are always a different color from his smeargles' special tail paint that can change colors, unlike most smeargle.

Personality: Silas seems very lax on the outside, which is a very accurate reflection of how he is on the inside too. Silas is very comfortable with the people around him, however that doesn't mean that he isn't awkward.

History:
He has two really good friends from the orphanage he grew up in. One of them is a clinical genious and the other became the youngest millionare ever at the age of 12. Silas is just as smart as his younger, genious ,brother, and just as influential as his business tycoon older brother but he isn't as motivated as his brothers so he isn't as well known as they are.
As children silas and his brothers came up with a plan to catch pokemon in the ruins of alph where they knew rare pokemon existed but that they couldn't find because they couldn't explore deeply enough into the ruins to find them because they couldn't explore over night. When their plan was complete the young genious had a weepinbell, the business tycoon a sneasel and Silas ended up with a smeargle that enjoys pokemon hallucinogens.

"Alright Phish, today is the day that Faulkner gives us our present. I wonder what it's going to be" Silas looks over at Phish who is painting a field of daisys in mid-air, paint dripping from his tail to the already rainbow floor, adding color to the collection of footprints and splashes from previous of Phish's trips. "Oh yeah, I forgot you don't care." Phish sort of killed Silas's excitement with his own disinterest. Too bad, but at least Faulkner was coming back today.
"Phish return," Silas said as he walked out the front door tracking paint onto the porch where he retrieved his bike from the hook in the overhang and started off on his way to the gym going twice as fast as usual, led by his excitement for the present that Faulkner had been gone for so long hunting down. "Rare pokemon are the best"
After a quick five minute sprint on his bike Silas arrives at the gym to find that it is already open, a sure sign that Faulkner is back. Silas has been opening the gym himself for the last month while Faulkner's been away, one of the only two people who have a key to the gym. Silas parks his bike as quick as he can and runs inside to challenge Faulkner to a welcome home battle.
"Silas!" Faulkner is as excited as Silas is to be home. "I have a present for you!"
"I know you do, what is it?"
"Here," Faulkner throws a golden pokeball at silas which he catches with the dainty ease of a ninja "open it."
"umm, go… pokemon" and from the ball a crimson beam shoots to the ground a few feet in front of him where an archen appears with green at the tips of his wings and tail. "No way! A discolored Archen!? This is awesome!"
"I hoped that you would like it, it took me a lot of tracking down to get they baby."
"A baby? You mean I can raise this thing myself?" silas is speaking gently now as he carefully approaches the archen.
"I had to talk to some very influential breeders from Kanto, Hoenn, as well as sylph co's most leading scientists to get a baby with that unique coloring."
Silas leaves the little archen's side to go to Faulkner and give the old man a hug. "thank you so much Faulkner, now I can go to school with my team already started, and an archen is a perfect start."

Opening post: I've never had a problem with riding bird Pokemon. I was practically born on the back of a pidgey and with Faulkner as my teacher I became a prodigy. By the time I was 5 the only person in violet city who could maneuver better in the sky than I could was Faulkner himself. But long rides like the one I am taking now on the back of bloodbeak the red fearow are boring and make my joints stiff, this is absolutely unexhilarating and painful...
Flying in on bloodbeak does have its advantages though. Not having to ride that boat is a plus, I've never enjoyed any trips that I've taken on o
cean boats with Flores on our business trips before, and Phish gets even more seasick than I did on them. The all you can eat buffet turned into an all you can barf sad-day. 
"kaaaww" (ooc: or whatever sound fearow make) I look up at bloodbeaks call and see the speck of an island in the distance. 
"Nice flying bloodbeak! We're almost there!" aw man, I'm excited to get here! There are so many things that I want to do on this island other than just go to my classes. I packed a sketch pad and at least 20 different styles of pokeballs so that I can catch or paint anything I find on this isolated academy island. And since bloodbeak is so much faster than the official fairy I will have a few hours to explore before picking my things off the boat. 
While my mind wanders through the possibilities my eyes are glued to that quickly enlarging land mass that is going to be my home while I train under some of the greatest pokemon specializers in the world! I've already been enrolled in cooking with cylan, eggs and breeding with Brock, Pokemon mythology with Cynthia, and a flying Pokemon class with Winona, Faulkners "bird of a feather".
Finally the descent from freezing high altitude temperatures starts my blood pumping again! My fingers tingle with the increased blood flow and I relish flexing my hands in turn, feeling the strength flow through bloodbeaks spread wings through my body invigorating my fingers. 
The beach has grown from a speck in the distance to a collection of specks of sand and, true to form, bloodbeak breaks our descent just in time to skim his mighty talons along the soft white sand leaving trenches in his wake. 
True to my own form I jump off of bloodbeaks back before he lands. My legs collapse on contact with the ground and I roll through a sandcastle getting covered in sand at the same time that I ruin what seemed to be elegant architecture. 
"nice entrance." It's a girls voice so before I turn around I brush the sand off my pants and take off my soiled shirt and reveal my carefully sculpted torso before turning around to meet her. 
Team:

Smeargle: Phsih
Appearance: shiny smeargle with a color changing tail
Personality: super lax pokemon who like to do pokemon hallucinogens. Phish is very focused at all times on all things. Whether he's focused on the battle he's in or on the skiploom floating by in his mind is not always clear.
Lvl: 20

Moves:
Swagger
Giga drain
Mirror move

Archen:
Appearance: shiny
Personality: playful. Adventurous.
Lvl: 1

Moves:
Wing attack
Quick attack