• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Sorry, everyone, for being so absent in here lately. (especially Shaymie)

I'll try to get a post up today or tomorrow. Depending on when I wake up...

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Hey guys, I was wondering if the RP is still active, I think I am finally going to try to sign up for this RP if it is still active, but I will be totally lost. I notice the last post here was almost a month ago.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 16, 2014
Umm.... I would also like to know if this is still active. I would very much like to join as well.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Yes, it's still active. Often times we have inactive times where we need breaks. Given how many posts have been done it's hard to keep going for months upon months without taking a break or two. Just send in SUs and the GMs will see if you get accepted.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Ok thanks thank you. I will try to get an SU up soon. Reason I asked, was because I just have never seen it inactive. Maybe because I am inactive when it is lol.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@Iceman: We use a skype group to make small talk easier amongst group members. It's main purpose is to improve communication, but as a side effect it does lower the post rate here in the OOC thread.

@Kanon Shiro: Absolutely. You may wish to join the skype group for faster communication, but regardless I shall attempt to keep on top of any SUs that get posted.

@Everyone: Speaking of important stuff that needs to be posted in the thread as opposed to the skype chat, it's probably fair to say that it's well past halfway through the IC day. I would suggest that it is now evening and approaching sundown. Seeing as how many pokemon only come out at night sundown is not equivalent to curfew, however curfew is approaching. Next time I make an announcement about the time of day it will probably come with a date where we'll transition to a new day.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Right! A disaster occurred recently where Imageshack decided it was going to hold all of my images hostage for $2. (...) More importantly however, after I got them back not only did I have to transfer them over to a new host but half of the ones I was using for PTA were randomly broken too.

At this point, I've completely fixed it. There should be no more imageshack links in the OOC thread's first post which is where it counts. In the process of redoing a ton of broken stuff I upgraded the teachers list to be newer and more consistent and completely redid the wild pokemon list.

The wild pokemon list is actually a lot better than it used to be IMO, much easier to read and understand. (It now lists which types live in a specific area instead of individual pokemon.) In addition to this, I've added two new areas! The volcanic cave is meant to be a cave within the volcano area of the island and submerged caves / sea floor are self explanatory.

Both of these areas, much like the dead forest, are very inhospitable and students would generally be advised not to go there. You know an area is pretty dangerous when only one type of pokemon dares make it's home there. (You also know an area is at least somewhat dangerous when ghosts have started cropping up there. ;o)

In other news, the IC day is coming to an end! Start making your preparations for the night and be prepared for the cutoff post in the next few days. If you'd like your character put in a specific class, let me know. I find myself in the mood and willing to play some NPC teachers, if anyone wants to take advantage of that.

Also, as usual I am accepting suggestions for new class / teacher suggestions. (As a rule of thumb, aside from general experts there should not be more than 2 teachers for a class.)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 19, 2018
Hello, I'd love to join this! It looks like there's still slots left. :)

Name: Amber Frost
Nickname: She was often known as "The Consigner" to those who met her, as she could sell you pretty much anything you needed - for a price, of course. Amber considers it her "street persona", and even made an insignia. If you spot a heart with Zubat wings carved into a surface, The Consigner was around, waiting for customers.
Sex: Female
Dorm: Raikou Dorm

Appearance: A teenage girl with long, dirty blonde hair that fades to purple at the ends, with a small pony tail held together with two lock picks disguised as normal hair pins, carved out of bone. She has blue eyes and is average in height and weight. She is almost always seen wearing a purple top, ripped black jeans, and purple combat boots. She also has several scars crisscrossed on her back and arms that she doesn't like to mention. She wears a necklace with a heart-shaped piece of amber on a silver chain. The necklace is the only thing she has from her birth mother and refuses to take it off or sell it, despite all her claims of not being a sentimental type.

Personality: Amber is sarcastic, rebellious, and a bit of a bully. She also has a strong pride that often gets in the way of what's important, especially when she truly needs help yet refuses to ask anyone for it. She has an apathetic view toward her schooling; she often ditches classes and finds receiving a C grade an impressive accomplishment. Amber has antisocial tendencies, preferring to keep to herself rather than meet new people. If she does meet others, it's to quench her boredom with some quality mocking. She's good at reading people, and can find people's insecurities and use it against them.

Despite not caring for other people, she has a strong bond with her Pokemon; Pokemon are always loyal and never betray you, unlike people. Also, contrasting strongly with her personality, she is a firm believer in Arceus, and reacts strongly to those who use the phrase, "Oh my Arceus" or other irreverent phrases. She also has a strong mistrust and hatred of adults from her years of foster care. Her cold hard exterior often pushes people away, to Amber's delight, however those that can get close to her may find a softer interior locked away from harm.

History: Amber had a rough life growing up, which understandably lead to many of her problematic personality traits. Abandoned at a young age, Amber grew up in a rundown orphanage run by kind, old nuns of Arceus. Despite their loving influence, she was bitter towards the parents she never knew, and never got along well with the other children. She chased away any potential adopters with her antisocial and brutish personality, and that suited her just fine.

She started bouncing from foster home to foster home, never lasting for long with any one family. But then she went to a family she couldn't defeat with her defiance. The man was a cruel taskmaster, and his wife was too terrified of him to help Amber. Amber was forced to do all the chores around the house, with few decent meals. Any disobedience was met with a fierce beating, usually with a belt, which was the source of her numerous scars running across her body. Being the rebellious one she is, this occurred quite often. However, her spirit was never broken, and she planned her escape, fueled by rage.

One day, she finally put her plan into action. She packed up a tiny sack of her belongings, including large chunks of rock from the walls, just in case. She silently crept up the stairs out of her tiny basement room, took the lock pins out of her hair, and unlocked the door. With a quickly muttered prayer for safety like she'd been taught, she entered the hallway. She retied her hairpins, and walked towards the door, bag in hand. Everything did not go as planned, however.

The front door opened with a click, as the man returned home early from work. Caught in the act, Amber reacted too slowly to hide before he walked in and spotted her. Furious, he stormed in and grabbed her by the neck, pushing her against the wall. As she struggled fiercely and gasped for breath, she made out a rapidly growing figure in the sky through the open front door. The shape became more defined through Amber's blackening vision as a purple, flying Pokemon heading towards the door at a high velocity. She pushed as hard as she could and drew in a sharp breath before the Zubat collided with her attacker in a swirling mass of teeth and wings. Amber took the opportunity to grab her stuff, and started to make a run for it as the man shook off the Zubat, sending it crashing into the wall. Enraged, the man wouldn't leave it at that and went over to the fallen Zubat and hit it again. Amber should've taken the chance to escape as he was distracted, but instead she ran back inside, hefted her bag over her head and brought it down on the back of the man's head with a scream. He crumpled to the floor, unconscious.

Shaken and bruised, but otherwise uninjured, Amber scooped up the wounded Zubat into her bag and ran as fast and far as she could. When she came to the nearest town, she pulled out a dusty Pokeball and caught the brave little Zubat and got him healed at the Pokemon Center. From then she lived on the streets, mostly stealing to survive. That is, until she found out about the Pokemon Trainer Academy. Getting a place to stay, meals, and the opportunity to get much stronger was well worth having to go to school. She was rather surprised by being accepted, but she wasn't going to look a gift Ponyta in the mouth. She packed up what few things she had and left on the soonest boat out, already imagining what sort of trouble she could cause.

Pokémon:

Species: Zubat
Nickname: Valor
Personality: Recklessly brave, this loyal Zubat will do anything for his trainer and fellow Pokemon, even dive headfirst into danger.
Lvl: 15
Moves: Wing Attack, Bite, Supersonic, Leech Life, Astonish

Species: Ponyta
Nickname: Spirit
Personality: This energetic Ponyta has a need for speed, and grants his loyalty to those who earn it.
Lvl: 15
Moves: Hypnosis, Tackle, Tail Whip, Ember, Flame Wheel, Charm

Species: Treecko
Nickname: Swindle
Personality: This sneaky little Treecko is a perfect partner in crime; any strangely disappearing wallets probably have Swindle as the cause.
Lvl: 10
Moves: Pound, Leer, Absorb

Misc.:

Amber's current team of 3 Pokemon all had specific jobs when it came to thievery and survival. Valor was her bodyguard, ready to protect her if things went south. Spirit was the charm; if she needed a good distraction or to lower someone's guard, he was the Pokemon for the job. And Swindle served as an assistant, and proved to be better at pick pocketing than Amber herself, although he could never beat her lock picking skills. Swindle was left to fend for himself in the city after he lost an important territory battle with a Grovyle and was forced out of the area. He tried to pickpocket Amber, who, to his disappointment, had next to nothing on her. She caught him in the act, and figured it'd be beneficial to have another thief around with her, and so he was added to her team, bringing it up to a total of 3 Pokemon.

Amber has few belongings, however the most important item besides her necklace is a well-maintained hunting knife. It's served useful for all sorts of things, and she never goes far without it. It's especially helpful for one of her favorite hobbies, which is carving. Her favorite materials to carve are bone and certain seashells; rumor has it that those particular objects are worth as much as gold when trading with The Consigner. Another hobby of hers is horseback riding (Ponytaback riding?).

Last edited:

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
@Gemini

Looks good to me! Havn't had a darker bully like character in PTA so this oughta be a nice change of pace. Just on time for the new day also! I would say that you should add some history on how she recieved Treeko though but that's my biggest nitpick.

Since we're setting up classes and all, anything you'd like your character to end up in?

Also, for those reading in the OOC, I'd like to do an activity check to see how many of you are active in PTA at the moment so that I can set up classes. Just make a post and place in your Character(s) names in the post as well and I'll start arranging things. you can also state your class preferences also.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
*beep* *beep* Lucia bot V1.542 is online and awaiting dawn. *beep*

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 19, 2018
@Megaman

I added some stuff in about her Pokemon, hobbies, and her "street persona". I'm a silly person and forgot to put them in there in the first place. :P

Whatever random classes she gets put it is fine. She'd probably just pick classes at random and not go to half of them anyway. Although the Self Defense class would be hilarious, as she's probably better than the teacher at this point. Even better if students get to practice on each other... >:3

That double post though. >.>

Last edited by a moderator:

Nillemi

Under my Rock
Years
Ellie is still here.

Oh and I'm gonna be changing my name near the beginning of July when it becomes available, just a heads up.

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
Years
Well, um... I'm still out of a computer. It would seem I won't be getting a personal computer for... Quite a long time. =/

I'll just withdraw my character from the RP. My apologies.

GastlyGibus

I'm battin' a thousand!
Years
I'm still here too, I suppose. I know i haven't posted much, but since it's been slow, does that count as a valid excuse? xD

Anyways, my SU is here, Samantha Lee, and I don't really mind what classes she gets. Whatever works. :P

Years
I'm here! Just been REALLY lazy and sleeping past noon and trying to not murder this crappy laptop. Sorry. *derp* Any class is fine, but I'd prefer to have both of my characters in the same class, because drama. Kayla and Holly have issues to work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back