• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Engine] Pokemon Java Engine [RELEASE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
I to was concidering developing my game with this starter kit, I downloaded it but I have yet to take a look at it...

@Flameguru if I like what I see so far i'll pm you to help, I just dont jump into projects unless i know what im getting into...

I wouldn't just jump into using this for a game just yet. There are still a lot of things missing. The only thing you could really consider doing at this point is editing the tileset and make your own maps. Anything else and I cannot guarantee that it will be compatible with future versions of this engine.

I am still working on this. Currently I am trying to fix trainer battles. They are part of the engine and have been for a while now, but they seem to glitch up once the battle begins.

davidthefat

I Love C++
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 3, 2012
I wouldn't just jump into using this for a game just yet. There are still a lot of things missing. The only thing you could really consider doing at this point is editing the tileset and make your own maps. Anything else and I cannot guarantee that it will be compatible with future versions of this engine.

I am still working on this. Currently I am trying to fix trainer battles. They are part of the engine and have been for a while now, but they seem to glitch up once the battle begins.
If you want more people that are actually capable, I think you should set strict requirements for each "group" or branch of the development team. First and foremost, programmers are in need.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
@Flameguru I was gonna work on the engine and the game at the same time, this way I could use the basic systems and build them to fit my needs, but after testing this out I gotta say I actually hate java even more, while the engine isn't bad I just remembered why I hated java when I was looking at the source

Cioto

Generations 1-3 Diploma Holder, Programmer
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2018
I'm interested in helping with this project - I had created my own system and programmed in tiles, finished all movement animations for the overworld, signs and NPCs were functional, moving between maps was functional, and inventory was functional. Had trouble getting started on battle mechanics but I found a way to make tiles impassable by extending the tile class. I'd love to check out your source code if you still have it or are interested.

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2023
I'm interested in helping with this project - I had created my own system and programmed in tiles, finished all movement animations for the overworld, signs and NPCs were functional, moving between maps was functional, and inventory was functional. Had trouble getting started on battle mechanics but I found a way to make tiles impassable by extending the tile class. I'd love to check out your source code if you still have it or are interested.

This is an 8 year old thread, and he hasn't made a post in 5 years. Good luck with that lol.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
Closed. OP can request it to be reopened - although I don't see that happening any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back