• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Generation Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 21, 2021
So going through my platinum, I thought I had my team planned out for the rest of the game. Boy was I wrong. While reading Mt. Coronet's bulbapedia page, I saw there were feebas inside, so I decided to try and catch one, maybe see if I could evolve it, or even use it in my team. 40 minutes in, I find one and ASFAFGUGA IT'S SHINY!! Thankfully, I had my scyther with false swipe at the front, and managed to snag it! AND 2ND BEST OF ALL, it has a modest nature. Here's my current line-up:
Spr_4p_389.png
Spr_4p_229_m.png
Spr_4p_082.png
Spr_4p_308_m.png
Spr_4p_169.png
Spr_4p_349_s.png

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Lucky you! I was in the Mahogany Rocket hideout and about to KO those electrodes when the first one was a OMFIRDKWTSBIRSLS! It is a shiny Electrode.

too bad i failed to catch it. :\

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
Just restarted my Pokemon Diamond last night. I was playing my Platinum and suddenly missed D/P.

I just fought Starly and choose Turtwig. I'm about to run into Prof. Rowan.

Team:
387.png

ナエトル | Jolly
- Tackle
- Withdraw

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Started up my diamond On ds Currently about to take on 5th gym!

prinplup.jpg

Level 28
Surf-Bubblebeam-Peck-Metal Claw
Quirky.

monferno.jpg

Level 28
Mach punch-Leer-Flamethrower-Flame wheel.
Serious

honchkrow.jpg

Level 30
Dark Pulse-Pursuit-Shadow Ball-Wing Attack
Calm

lucario.jpg

Level 28
Force Palm-Flash Cannon-Swords Dance-Bulk up
Relaxed

electivire.jpg

Level 30
ThunderPunch-Iron tail-Thunderbolt-Low Kick
Timid

staravia.jpg

Level 26
Tackle-Wing attack-Quick attack-Fly
Quiet

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Right. I need to play D/P/P because I still don't know much about Sinnoh and feel left out XD

So I've started Platinum (on emulator :B ) and maybe posting here will make me finish the game :p (probably not)

I just started out and have Chimchar. Did all the starting things and have just gotten my pokéballs. Hmm, let's go catching spree... what pokémon roams Sinnoh? I feel so noobish xD

TEAM:
Chimchar, level 6

Melinda

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
Spoiler:

platq.png

Platinum Playthrough
Day 1 - Getting Started

Starting on my play through of Platinum that I found. :D

My name is Hayden and my best friend/rival is Muse. Muse is pretty hyper/caffeinated to be running around like that. After crashing into me, dragging me to Route 201, and getting lectured by Prof. Rowan, Muse let's me choose my Pokemon first. For this play through I chose Piplup.
393.png
My game-mom says I have to say thank you properly so I went to the professor's lab. Battled some Starly on the way. I got my Pokedex and nicknamed my Piplup, KirOzMia. After a quick tour from Lucas of Sandgem town, I took the fast route back to Twinleaf town to talk to my game-mom. On my way to Route 202, I stop to buy some pokeballs and potions. I get 5 more pokeballs after Lucas shows me how to capture a Pokemon.

The first thing I like to do is get a Pokemon with wings, in this case it would be Starly. I also caught a Shinx while I was at it.
396-f.png

Blade
403-f.png

Kaori
I stayed on Route 202 for a while to train my 3 Pokemon to level 8. The trainers on the route weren't challenging at all. I head to Jubilife to meet Lucas and we encounter that weird "Looker" person. Creepy...hiding behind things and jumping out randomly. After I drop off the parcel that Muse's mom asked me to deliver. He gives me his extra town map that was inside it and I go battle the two little kids on the other side of the wall. What's more fun than beating up some random kid's Pokemon?

Next I have to run around and collect coupons for my Poketch. After I finally get that, I head to Route 203 where I run into Muse and he wants to battle. I take him out and make my way to Oreburgh city.

Last edited:

Maple Leaf

dazed and abused
Years
I restarted SoulSilver, and chose a girl for this journey. My starter is Cyndaquil, and it's currently a Level 23 Quilava.

I'm about to battle Falkner. More training (out of boredom) is likely. xD;

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
Years
Bought and started Pokémon Platinum today! :D

-Admired Dawn's Winter outfit for five whole minutes and walked about in the snow outside
-Visited the hyperactive Noah's house
-Started with a Chimchar
-Visited the lake, and saw a suspicous character lurking beside the lake. Heard the cry of a distant legendary Pokémon...
-Arrived at Sandgem town. Had *lots* of fun doing the beginning of game tutorials.
-Arrived at Jubilife without too much trouble. Obtained the Pokétch.
-Caught a Budew, levelled it up to level 10
-Arrived at Oreburgh city, visited the mine, flattened Roark with my Budew.
-Returned to Jubilife and fought off some thugs bothering Prof. Rowan and Lucas!
-Got through Ravaged pass. Arrived at Floroama town. Saved the Valley Windworks! :D
-Arrived at the entrance to Eterna Forest. Will carry on later tonight.

Team:
391.png

Vincent the Hardy Monferno ♂
Level: 21

Mach Punch
Flame Wheel
Ember
Fury Swipes

406.png

Blossom the Modest Budew ♀
Level: 19

Absorb
Growth
Mega Drain
Stun Spore

399.png

HMB**ch the Bidoof ♀

Last edited:
Years
Pokemon Platinum:

Currently have 5 badges, and received an egg that contains a Poliwag, so I can do fun stuff. I just crushed my rival and I have a surprisingly good team to beat. Currently:

413_s.gif
472.gif
389.gif
136.gif
Spr_4d_Egg.png

Levels & Moves:
Spoiler:

Soul Silver:

I currently have all 8 badges, and am contemplating on just killing Lugia, because catching it such a bother (I caught Raikou with a master ball). I'm also training because I'm completing my team finally. Currently:

169.gif
160.gif
473.gif
468.gif
128.gif
448.gif

Levels & Moves:
Spoiler:

I'm so organized =D

Years
Pearl: Just completed the league, I have now entered the mysterious cave in the victory path cave and someone has accompanied me.

Diamond: Training up my Bulbasaur so that I can add Ivysaur to my Pokedex :D

LegendaryFSK

I control my own fate.
Years
LegendaryFSK's Pokémon Diamond Journey
Pokemon-diamond-and-pearl-group.png

Entry 01

After playing Black for so long, decided to pick back up the old copy of Diamond and take another journey through the Sinnoh Region. Started journey on January 17, 2012.
DP_Lucas.png

This is me, Jay Jay. I also have a friend and rival named Branden.

After watching the "Search for the Red Gyarados" special report, I met up with Branden on Route 201. From there we traveled to Lake Verity.
I chose Piplup as my starter from the case that the Professor and Dawn left behind.
piplup.png

Returned home to Twinleaf Town and received the running shoes from mom. Piplup and I took a brief rest before we headed back out. We traveled to Sandgem Town. There we met with Dawn and the Professor where I received the Pokédex.

I purchased a few Pokéballs and potions from the Poké Mart. Traveled back home to receive my Journal. I also met with Branden's mom who gave me a Parcel to give to Branden. I then traveled to route 202 to meet with Dawn. She showed me how to catch wild Pokémon and gave me 5 more Pokéballs.

I caught a Starly and a Shinx in the wild.
starly.png
shinx.png

Current Team
piplup.png
starly.png
shinx.png

Years
So, I've hit a bump in the road and I need to know a Pokemon to put on my Platinum team. I currently have 7 badges and my team consists of:
389.gif
472.gif
062.gif
461.gif
136.gif

I'm ditching Wormadam because she's too weak, but now I'm not sure what to add in it's place.. I was thinking possibly another bug type or psychic but I'm open to suggestions..so..

Hatsuharu

☆ princess of despair ☆
Years
Rhinnan's Journey
----------------------
I started and picked Totodile as my starter, and nicknamed him Equius. I did the Mr. Pokemon quest as asked, and then got a call from Professor Elm telling me to return. So I did. On the way I battled a sexy red-haired boy who said I didn't deserve my Pokemon. I beat him to prove I did, and hurried back to Elm's lab. The policeman there thought I stole the missing Pokemon, but my 'friend' Ethan said he saw a red-haired boy looking into the building. The policeman asked for the (SEXY) boy's name, in which I replied Phoenix. He left and then I did, too, and Ethan showed me how to catch Pokemon (very lamely) and gave me some balls.
Current Team:
Equius *totodile* level 9

Fienya's Journey
---------------------
Of course, it's morning. Just like every other morning. Or so I thought.
My mother woke me up this morning, telling me that Professor Elm had wanted to see me today. I decided I would figure out what he wanted first, before doing basically everything else. I headed over to his lab, and as I reached I noticed someone looking in the window. I ignored him, of course, too preoccupied with the current mission. Once I had figured out what Elm had wanted, I was all too excited. Grabbing the first pokemon there was, I gladly chose a Cyndaquil. My new partner, Sollux, I did my first mission. To go the Mr. Pokemon's house and see what he wanted. Once I had finally reached there, I found out all it was was another egg that he had found. Once I had the egg ready, a received a call. It was Professor Elm. He sounded hysterical, blabbing on about something horrible. I rushed over to see what was wrong, and on the way, I met someone. But I don't think he was all to happy to meet me. The instant he saw me, he called me weak and said I didn't deserve my pokemon. Not even having any saying, he challenged me. Gladly, I accepted, and defeated him easily. Right after that, he ran away, in too much of a hurry to notice I had taken his trainer card. I read the name, fast as I could, before he realized and snatched it away. I watched as he ran, soon remembering that I had to go to Elm's lab. Once I reached there, I was shocked to hear that one of the pokemon had been stolen. I saw the police officer, and the moment he saw me, he blamed me and already brought out his cuffs that had been hanging on the side of his belt. Not even getting my saying, yet again, I couldn't really defend myself. Luckily, Ethan, Had run in, and stood up for me. He had always been a good friend. Once the police officer heard this, he turned back to me, asking if I had seen anyone with red hair. I answered that I had, and he then again began pestering me about everything I knew. All I told him was that I knew he had red hair, and that his name was Gale. The officer ran off, obviously in search for Gale. I thanked Ethan for his help, and Elm began to explain to me that he knew I was 'special' and that I should be the one who helps him in his little 'experiment.' I agreed, too bored with life to really give a damn. So, from then on, I started my adventure. Oh boy, it's gonna be a helluva ride.

My team:
Sollux *Cyndaquil* Lvl. 13
Alice *Ratatta* Lvl. 5

Editman

Pokemon Collector
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014
Alright for one; Allow me to Introduce my Trainers. There is Ace, Juan and Clara.

Ace is the flagship character (I usually name my character Ace if I'm going to just beat the game. He is usually used for Newer Pokemon Games. (He Usually takes the Fire Type)

Juan is a secondary Character (I use him after I've beaten the game with Ace, 9 times out of ten I just really want to play again so I name the trainer Juan. Juan is usually my Rival when that option is allowed. He usually takes the Grass Pokemon.

Clara (As seen in my sig) is my third character and I use her to beat the game, which includes the collection of all Pokemon, battle Tower ETC. When I use first created Clara it was after the Fire Red and Leaf Green series (I started with Juan in D &P) I like to believe that Clara starts her journey three years after Ace and is trying to overthrow him as Pokemon master. (Ace could be seen as Red). She Always takes the Water Pokemon.

Anyways, I finally defeated Blue and earned access to Mt.Silver after scaling the huge tower, Clara set her sights on dethroning "Ace" however she never made it past his level 88 Pikachu. Flying to the base of Mount Silver, she trains her Pokemon a bit more in anticipation for this epic rematch

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
Years
  • Age 32
  • Utah
  • Seen Dec 31, 2016
Finally got a 3DS, which means I got to dust off my SS and play a bit.. I think the last time I played any game was later in 2010.

Started with a Totodile, accidently caught a Geodude and Zubat... I've never really used them, in any generation previously. Really had no problems up until Bugsy, when his (her) Sycther started wrecking ****. His stupid U-Turn kept OHKOing everything. Sacrificed a Flaffy to paralyze it. Rocky (Geodude) came in and OHKO'd it with Rock Throw. (Which is funny, because I was planning on boxing it.)

Then a few minutes later, Bats (Zubat) outlasted my Rival's Bayleef. It was seriously like a 20 minute battle because of Reflect/Synthesis. Anyway, that won me over too, so now I'm pretty sure I'm taking a Golem and Crobat with me all the way. :3

Can't believe how much time I've put into this so far, almost 8 hours over the past two days. (That's a lot for me)

Team as of Goldenrod:
Brotodile, Lv. 16
Flaffy, Lv. 16
Geodude, Lv. 17
Zubat, Lv. 17
Gastly, Lv. 7
Togepi, Lv. 4

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
Years
I've been grinding for the Elite Four for the last few days because I want to beat them on my first challenge. My team was a "bit" underleveled (37-41) and now they are all lv 46-50. I want all of my pokemon to be lv 50 before I face the league.

Team:
157.png
148.png
197.png
195.png
131.png

Years
Started a new game on Heart Gold today. So far I have just finished the first gym.

Team: Flaaffy Lv.15, Totodile Lv.14

Planned Team:
160.png
181.png
212.png
250.png

I don't normally like using legendaries but I am going to try it for this playthrough.

Update: Spent a lot of time playing recently, made a lot of progress. Just finished Dragon's Den.

Badges: 8
Playtime: 10:38
Team:
160.png
Lv. 44, Waterfall/Ice Fang/Crunch/Slash
181.png
Lv.43 Discharge/Signal Beam/Headbutt/Thunder Wave
212.png
Lv.43 X-Scissor/Metal Claw/Wing Attack/False Swipe

Last edited:

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
Years
  • Age 32
  • Utah
  • Seen Dec 31, 2016
Just had another amazing gym match, this time with Morty. He had no problem killing my Croconaw and nearly killed Flaffy before I switched quickly to Togepi to sacrifice it to revive/heal as much as possible.

Gengar was already paralyized, so I took down his attack and realized the Gengar wouldn't be able to faint Togepi because ghost attacks won't hit it, and Sucker Punch wouldn't do it either. It was seriously a 25 minute battle, with me using Extrasensory to slowly whittle it down while Morty used potions to heal. I couldn't switch out because of Mean Look, and had to deal with hypnosis slowing me down. Eventually I had to use an Ether to replenish Extrasensory or else it would have been a cripple battle.

The Gengar actually started to use Struggle before Togepi got it to faint. So my Lv. 5 Togepi beat the Lv. 25 Gengar.

Probably the most amazing in-game battle I've had in years. The funny thing is I almost boxed Togepi/Gastly before the match but decided I might need them to sacrifice for healing, and I was right. I'm tempted to keep Togepi now, but I don't think I'll have room for it after I add an Ursaring and decide what I need to add to round out my team. I'll probably add a Ninetails instead.

Still, I haven't been this pumped over a Pokemon game in a long time.

Team as of Ecruteak:
Croconaw, Lv. 25
Flaffy, Lv. 26
Geodude, Lv. 26
Crobat, Lv. 26
Gastly, Lv. 7
Togepi, Lv. 5 (Grew to level 9 after the battle)

Melinda

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
Playing through HG right now. I just finished up in Goldenrod City and stopped by the GTS to get myself some nice Pokémon to play with.

171.gif
216.gif
017.gif
012f.gif
030.gif
162.gif

Furret is currently my HM Slave. It's the only thing I find it useful for. :P I'm at the point where I have to water the wiggly tree. I'm just going to faint it and catch it again after I complete the game.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I started a new game in Pokemon Diamond Thursday.  I'm a guy but I like picking the girl in Diamond because I like how she looks over the boy. I named her Dawn. 
February 23,2012
I started off with Turtwig after beating the two Starly at Lake Verity. I got the Pokedex from Professor Rowan and nicknamed Turtwig, "Twigleaf." It took me a while to catch my first Pokemon cause I wanted something good. After aimlessly walking around I found a Shinx at lvl 4 and caught it. I battled the trainers there and headed to Jubilife City. Once I arrived I delivered the parcel to my rival Barry and battle the trainers there.Got the Poketch and I headed north to Route 204. I battled the trainers there and saved.
  Team: 
Spr_4p_387.png
Twigleaf lv. 10

Spr_4d_403_m.png
Kimba lv. 9. 

February 24 2012
I'm gonna fit two days in this post. I picked up this morning and headed to Oreburgh City. Fought Barry and after almost losing I realized I need another Pokemon. I caught a Starly at lv. 5. I trained Starly a bit and made it to Oreburgh. First thing I did there was head to Oreburgh mine. Found Roark there and he went back to his gym. Battled the trainers there and leveled up Turtwig and Starly a few levels. Turtwig grew to level 13 and learned Razor Leaf. Before battling Roark I decided to explore the city. I found a women in one building who wanted a Machop her Abra. Thought it was a good deal so I searched for a Machop in Route 207. I caught one and trained it to level 8 before trading it to her. Then I went to the Gym. I easily defeated the trainers with Abra and it leveled to lvl 13. I beat Roark's Geodude with one Razor Leaf and Onix with Razor Leaf, Tackle and Absorb. I beat Cranidos with just Razor Leaf and got the Coal Badge and Stealth Rock. 

Later I went to Jubilife to mess around a bit. I went downstairs of the Pokemon center and got my Pal Pad. I also went to the Poketch Company and got the Memo Pad. I beat Team Galactic for the first time and after that messed around in Jubilife TV. I battle a PokeKid and dressed up Shinx. I put the Fiery backdrop, Turtwig mask and the fluff things. I named my picture Flash Fire. Soon after I headed to Floroma Town. When going to Route 205 I ran into the girl looking for her father in the Valley Windworks. I trained Shinx a bit and then easily defeated Team Galactic at the Windworks and Floroama Meadows. While in the Valleyworks my Shinx evolved into Luxio and Starly evolved into Staravia. Double whammy! 

Team: 
Spr_4p_387.png
Twigleaf lv. 17 

Spr_5b_404_f.png
Kimba lvl 15 

Staravia(P)SpriteMale.png
Staravia lvl 14

Spr_4d_063.png
Kazza lvl 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back