• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think the News will be on the 8th of January?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegamanDX

Pokemon/Megaman fan
Years
Probly just another Version game anounced or the 3D PMD game anounced for the Americans...

or another season of Pokemon with Ash in it...

The way I see it,nothing new...The same old over and over again.

PS:Now if they made a Pokemon game which was Pokemon anime style batting...Then I might change my mind...

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Possibilities:

- Pokemon Battle Revolution 2
- Another Spin-Off title
- A sequel to an already-existing spin-off
- New Eeveelution + more info about Movie 16

Years
I really can't see an announcement for the 6th gen games coming so soon (although, Ruby and Sapphire were announced about this long after Gold and Silver came out). And as much as I want it to happen, my gut is saying that the announcement probably won't be for Ruby/Sapphire remakes either.

I'm suspecting that it'll be a new Wii U game that is coming out- possibly a 5th gen version of Battle Revolution. Although, with some hints of a new Eeveelution, the game might have a cameo or two of some 6th gen Pokemon, with an official unveil sometime later in the year.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
I think its too soon for the remakes for gen 5. I would think that the event of Meloetta is upon us. Pokemon.com teased a release of this pokemon for America when B2/W2 was released

MidiMasterShiro

Music Hacker/Composer
Years
Didn't GameFreak make the announcement? If so, it's highly unlikely its about a spin-off like Colosseum, Mystery Dungeon, or a game like Revolution, since those were made from different developers. It'll probably be the main game series.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I don't think they say WHO is making the Jan, 8th announcement.

Junichi Matsuda and one of his game developers are going to be on Pokemon Smash the Sunday before and the Jan 8th thing aired as a commercial. Its going to be on a Tuesday with nothing Pokemon related being with it (so I was told in another thread).

So honestly, I'm thinking its an extended preview of the first episode for N and Team Plasma's first episode or something to do with the movie. I don't think there is anything game related to it right now.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I think this announcement have 4 possibilities:
- A remake for older Pokémon games (I hope it's Hoenn)
- Possible new set of Gen VI games
- Revealing new Pokémon
- More Genesect movie detail

Yes, I'm hoping for RSE Remakes!

Last edited:

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
- A remake for older Pokémon games (I hope it's Hoenn)
- Possible new Generation games
- Revealing new Pokémon

Well what other Pokemon game would they remake they will only ever remake a game once that is until the DS Games Becomes Incompatible with the latest technology

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
I honestly think people are getting excited over what could be potentially nothing ground-breaking. But then again, to me, spin-offs and anything dealing with the anime aren't all that exciting.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
- [A remake for older Pokémon games (I hope it's Hoenn)
- Possible new Generation games
- Revealing new Pokémon

This one seems to have been forgotten.
You mean the new Eeveelution? I think that sort of falls with the Genesect movie.
What do you mean?
This one HAS to happen, it is overdue.
Maybe something with the anime?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Possibilities:

- Pokemon Battle Revolution 2
- Another Spin-Off title
- A sequel to an already-existing spin-off
- New Eeveelution + more info about Movie 16

1) I'd welcome that.
2) Eh, I suppose I'd welcome that too.
3) ..this not so much.
4) New Evolution YES! (But if it's for a 5th Gen Pokemon [most likely]), I'd definitely welcome that. More info about Movie 16 -- boring, I hardly watch Pokemon movies lmao.

I seriously want RSE remakes, because I haven't been able to experience travelling through the Hoenn region completely, so I'm eager to do so. If there much like HGSS even BW2, graphics wise, w00t!

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
One of these could be the possible announcement.

-A Spin-off
-More info about Movie 16
-Something to do with the Anime
-Possible RSE remakes (hopefully)
-Gen VI (though that is highly unlikely)

The latter two are a bit if-fy because i think its a bit early to do that.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 13, 2021
I expect an expansion on RSE, or the rumoured new Eeveelution. I feel Gen 6 games would be a little too soon to announce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back