• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

First 100?

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
Do you remember which pokemon you got fully LEGITIMATE to lv 100?
Mine was kadabra.I always thought that by leveling him up he would evolve to an alakazam even though my friends told me that i should trade him.Welll it was my first pokemon game so i didnt bealeve that trading could trigger evolution.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
My first level 100 was my Flygon. I got stuck in a line up a mountain to put on snowchains for six hours :/ That's when I whipped out my Gameboy Advance and trained to level 100 in my Sapphire at Sky Pillar.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
I've never gotten a Pokemon up to level 100 besides one of the legendaries, I don't remember which. But that doesn't really count since it started at like level 70. But I might actually do it this time in the 5th gen, since they give you a Lucky Egg lol.

Years
My first was Charizard on Fire Red, closely followed by a Blastoise I was traded on the same game. While it wasn't really one of my favorite Pokemon anymore, I never had the patience to train the Charizard I used in Yellow all the way up to Level 100, so I thought I would do that first in Fire Red before any other Pokemon.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
My first was Charizard on Fire Red, closely followed by a Blastoise I was traded on the same game. While it wasn't really one of my favorite Pokemon anymore, I never had the patience to train the Charizard I used in Yellow all the way up to Level 100, so I thought I would do that first in Fire Red before any other Pokemon.

Hey another person like me! xD I did the same thing except for the Blastoise thing, I mainly relied on my starter back then, too bad I don't have him anymore :(

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I have no idea which one it is exactly, seeing as it must've been about 10 years ago that I got my first one to 100. One thing I'm sure of though, it's definitely one of the starters in Blue, since back then, they were my top priority on the team. Since they'd been with me the longest, they were usually the highest levelled, so they also usually made the first in my team in important battles, and thus came a long way ahead. I'm pretty sure I really preferred the Charmander line back then, so my first to level 100 would most likely have been Charizard.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
I've never gotten a Pokemon to level 100. I rarely get them much past level 50, and even that's the exception rather than the rule. There's just always something else that I want to breed or catch or train or evolve or what-have-you, and that's my priority. If they're particularly good or I just like them, I put in the effort to breed or catch exactly what I want, then level and train them for as long as it takes to get what I want. Generally though, once they're fully evolved and fully EV trained, I only use them if I really need them on a team - otherwise I'm focusing on the new stuff that I want to breed and catch and evolve and train.

I have boxes and boxes full of level 30-something fully evolved and EV trained Pokemon with carefully designed movesets.

lineofdeath

...overuser of the ellipsis...
Years
My empoleon, I didn't know about soear pillar, trained to lv 100, then found out!

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
My Typhlosion. I was young, and pretty new to Pokemon, so I only trained my starter, but I unfortunaly also didn't battle every trainer along the way, so I found my self very underleveled at Mt. Silver (Though I didn't know it at the time). So I grinded, and grinded, and grinded some more.

Gideon Jeremiah

The giving Pokèmon breeder
Years
My Eevee.
Little Corinth; if only it was possible to trade her to Gen III...
Oh well, she's sitting happily as a demi-god in Crystal~

Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2013
My first 100 is maybe the best moment in my video game history.
My friend and I each had a copy of Fire Red and Leaf Green, we had started over together and been training for an ultimate showdown. We were in high school at the time and with winter break on its way we decided we would battle at the end of winter break.
Winter break reaches its end and the battle begins. The levels of our pokes are scattered between 70-80 and its a close fight. Enter Jolteon, level 100. Game over. The look on his face was priceless, I wish I could have a moment as amazing as that again with pokemon.

Years
Mine was Feraligatr , I got him as the starter from HG and when he reached 77 , I sent him to black and trained him to lv 100.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
My first 100 is my Snorlax back in the good old days in Pokemon Red. I think I got it to level 100 around 8~10 years ago.

Arma

The Hyena
Years
I never got a level 100 poke until I played Pokemon Sapphire, the first ones to reach lvl 100 were my Minun and Absol (same fight) followed by Flygon and Swampert.

blue

gucci
Years
My first was Feraligatr in Silver shortly followed by Ariados. The next time I got a Pokemon to Level 100 was in Diamond which was Empoleon then Roserade.

Years
My first legitimate one was Houndoom in Silver. My first time exiting Saffron I came across it in the grass by accident, and to my 10 year old self (even now) it was the coolest thing ever! Trained it exclusively from that point on, and I can fondly remember vs Blue's Alakazam, I was totally immune ans PP Stalled it to death to get all the EXP haha!

I also later on bred a Squirtle traded over from my Blue Version Blastoise, and raised him to 100 as well, just to prove I could do it. I remember waiting for Red's final pokemon (Charizard) to get that last little bit to level up.

When I said legitimate, I meant due to the Rare Candy cheat in Gen I. After catching Mewtwo, on of my cousins mentioned this glitch, and since the game (apart from Pokedex) was complete, I decided to give it a go, not really knowing HOW to do it.

I tell you it's one weird thing to suddenly have unlimited Tm 12: Water Gun!

Back