• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Ferrothorn is so cooooool though.

I don't want Froakie to be Water/Ground. I mean it's already a frog like Seismitoad, it doesn't need the same typing as well.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Best thing would totally be to combine Grass/Fire/Water with Dark/Psychic/Fighting in some way. Preferably not with the fire starter being fighting. Again. A part fighting type Froakie line would be a bit similar to Poliwrath and its line though. Not that that's stopped Gamefreak before.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
For some reason I feel like it's been long enough since Poliwrath that it would be okay now. Maybe I just am biased cause I love Seismitoad/Gen V lol.

blue

gucci
Years
If they made Froakie Water/Ground type it would be too similar to Seismitoad in both appearance and typing. Water/Fighting seems best suited to it IMO unless it becomes pure Water.

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2015
I for one would love to have customizable feature in the beginning of the game for both male or female protagonist.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
Hey, Water/Fighting would be unique for starters, and we've only had two Water/Fighting Pokemon so far, compared to Arceus knows how many Dragon/Flying (or vice versa) and Normal/Flying (or vice versa; seriously, why can't they have a non-legendary pure Flying type) Pokemon we've had.

Still, I do agree that Froakie could end up pure Water. Idk, it just doesn't look like it could be a Fighting type XD (Then again, neither did Tepig or Torchic, but they turned into Fire/Fighting types anyhoo.)

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Hey, Water/Fighting would be unique for starters, and we've only had two Water/Fighting Pokemon so far, compared to Arceus knows how many Dragon/Flying (or vice versa) and Normal/Flying (or vice versa; seriously, why can't they have a non-legendary pure Flying type) Pokemon we've had.

Still, I do agree that Froakie could end up pure Water. Idk, it just doesn't look like it could be a Fighting type XD (Then again, neither did Tepig or Torchic, but they turned into Fire/Fighting types anyhoo.)

I wouldn't mind another water/fighting type, just not another frog/tadpole of that type. Game Freak might really surprise us. Like with Piplup and steel.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
Or maybe it could turn into a Poison Dart Frog and thus be Water/Poison? :B Idk, really XD; This idea's probably been brought up, but I'm too lazy to check.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I could see Poison/Water happening. OMG. What if it's Water/Flying? It looks cloudy idk.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You call me crazy for thinking it could be a flying frog but guyssss

Cyclos.png

Zelda did it! lol Though what that is based on was also used in Pokemon for the Kami Trio, so it's probably unlikely, but I just wanted to show you that it is viable.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
omg don't bring altaria into this the fluff and the cute i just cannot right now ldjsaflsjroes

But yeah, they've already had fire foxes in the past, and they made Fennekin, so idk making another Pokemon based on the same thing Cyclos and Kami Trio comes from seems plausible at least. Final Froakie could be sitting on a cloud for all we know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back