• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

First 100?

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I believe legitimately was my Typhlosion in Gold. I think it was, can't really remember that far back though. I might of gotten a Pokemon to 100 in Red but again I can't remember. I do remember getting a Typhlosion to level 100 in Gold once. I use to mainly focus on training my starter so it would be the only I used to beat the game. I also got a Lugia to 100 but it wasn't exactly legitimately cause my friend discover the clone glitch and he would always trade me Lugia clones some at level 100 already. XD

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
Lvl 100 Charzard in original red back when I was like 10 years old so I guess that would be 12 years ago. I only used charzard for the most part cause charzard is a beast and the thought of using a team of multiple pokemon didn't appeal to me much. I was just a boy in love with his charzard (looked cooler than most pokemon at the time and fire type is so awsome). I think my charzard was lvl 70 something (kind of ridiculous but I mostly only used him) going into elite four and by the end of it he was level 77. From there I simply got him to 100 by doing the elite four a dozen more times.

Brizz

TM87
Years
My first ever level 100 was a Charizard in my Blue version. He was followed closely by Vaporeon, my second lv 100. Those were the only to Pokemon I rolled with throughout the story.

Years
My Blastoise from Red, which I traded over to Yellow so I could annihilate everything get past Brock. I remember being so mad because it wouldn't obey me >_>

My Pikachu in that same game eventually hit level 100, and I think my Pidgeot did as well, or at the very least it came close. Haven't had any other Pokemon get that far since, although I have a few that are closing in.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
Years
My Empoleon named Frosty from my first save file ever on Pearl version. He still lives in my Platinum version to this day, probably between 6-7 years old.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Nope. I've never raised a Pokemon to level 100 in all of my Pokemon life. The closest would have to be my Feraligatr though, which was level 90. (GSC)

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2013
my first 100 was Blaziken in Emerald, then Dragonite from Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness that i sent to Emerald, then i sent them up to Platinum and it was Garchomp.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
zangoose, on hg, a traded one actually.
never meant to train it to that lvl but i remember i was having so much fun obliterating the e4 with swords dance and crush claw that when i noticed it was already lv.100 lol (didn't take that long seeing as it was traded but still).

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
Mine was a Lapras. The one you get from the dude in the Silph co. building.
Not had many legit ones since then.
Dialga is the only other Pokemon I remember getting to level 100

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 13, 2021
My first legit level 100 Pokémon was Blastoise in FireRed, Raichu soon after. These were the two Pokémon whose levels greatly surpassed the rest of my team. I was 9 years old back then and played the games alot differently than I do now. My starter Pokémon would always be 20+ levels higher than everyone else. Nowadays, I make sure my team's levels are balanced and all near each other.

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
Years
Seadra. I thought it evolves into Kingdra at lv. 100. I don't think I even had internet connection back then, so I likely wasn't able to look up whether it does or not.
EDIT: I don't know if it's worth noting, but it hit 100 in Desert Underpass after beating a Ditto. Also I had a Butterfree at level 89 and Swampert at level 93 I think.

Last edited:

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
My Typhlosion in HeartGold was the first Pokemon I got to level 100. I remember also having a Gengar and Slowking around level 90, which are the only other Pokemon that I've trained over level 90.

I don't have the patience to train my Pokemon more than they need to be.

Jim Boob

Freelance Mapper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 7, 2016
Venasaur on fire red, was my first ever pokemon game and I didn't train any other pokemon it was 89 when I beat the pokemon league for the first time.

Fire Flyy

metaphysical poet
Years
My old trusty Blaziken; my starter in Sapphire. It wasn't my first game but I didn't really understand Crystal and wasn't fully invested into mons back then.

Itstoppedatumbreon

Destroying Zubats since 1996
Years
it was either a Typhlosion on Silver/Crystal or a Suicune on Crystal. Similar time my sister got a lvl 100 Feraligatr on Silver. I got Mewtwo to 100 on yellow, but that was later

Schwan

Frontier Brain
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
Typhlosion in Crystal I think was my first.

smurf

Veteran Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
the 1st pokemon i got to 100 was my charizard and alakazam

Back