• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Type of Pokemon?

Favorite Type?

• Grass

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Water

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Fire

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Electric

• Dragon

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Ground

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fighting

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Rock

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dark

• Psychic

• Flying

• Ghost

• Bug

• Ice

• Normal

• Steel

• Poison

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pokehearts

I like trains.
Years
What's your favorite type of pokemon? Each Type is Different, So what's yours? Why? My favorite type is fire, it's a starter type, and the fire starters ROCK!

Mentalii

Back
Years
Ice type for me. But I hesitated a lot between it and Water type.
Anyway, since we can find a lot of Ice/Water type Pokémon, I go for the Ice.

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
Years
I like the Water type. I've always brought myself to like Water type pokemon even though I started some of my other games with either Grass or Fire.

Snivy063

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
Normal is my favorite Pokemon type. For one it's a very versatile type. Many normal type Pokemon can learn moves from a wide array of other types (Ratatta being one example) and although they're fiendishly weak against fighting types, cannot damage ghost types, and are only half effective against steel, and rock types they are still very nice team filler if you can't figure out what your sixth Pokemon will be. ^^;;

Another reason is that, aside from being cute, most normal types can be incredibly sexy without even anthropomorphism. Lopunny, Miltank, and Tauros are great examples of this. Grass comes in second in my list of favorite Pokemon types.

TwiDragon

The fun shawl be doubled!
Years
I love Pokemon of mysterious, and dark nature (and maybe with a bit of a feminine side)

It would have to be Ghost, as a lot of my favorite Pokemon are in that type

Psychic, Dark, Ice, and Electric types come as runner ups.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I like the Water type because their offensive moves have good neutral coverage; defensively, it has only 2 weaknesses. The designs for the Water Pokemon themselves are cool too. Fighting and Dragon come in close.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Ghost-type for a multitude of reasons, one of them being Ghost-type moves are really awesome. Also, most Ghost-type Pokemon have rather marvelous anatomies. I really just love Ghost!

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Grass. I rarely use grass-types, but if I had to monotype I'd go for them. They're very good with status effects and HP-absorption; tenacious and confounding, in short.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
I like Psychic-types. They're smart buggers. Well most of them are. Nifty Special Attack in most cases and pretty darn powerful.

Second would be Steel-type, and that's mainly because of designs...

Shiny

content creator on twitch
Years
My favourite type are Bugs. They're so adorable, yet powerful at the same time.

The Void

hiiiii
Years
I'd have to go with Dark, due to their one-type weakness factor, making them a great and valuable member in your party. Now imagine a Dark/Ghost type Pokemon like Sableye... that would be epic beyond words :)

Back