• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] PokéLINK [OOC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Layla is accepted!

Layla's Avatar Appearance:
In the digital world, Layla wears a white tank top, with a plaid teal, dark blue and white pleated skirt. Her Pokétch accessory is a sea-green colour, whereas her large purse appears as a beige leather.​

One spot left for reserving!~ Aiming to get the IC up Sunday. Might be a tad ambitious, but it means those who are ready can start, since the first section is an introductory segment.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Reserve me a spot please. I'm done with exams so I've got plenty of free time.

Nathan "Nate" Harris | Male

Favorite computer game

Elsword Online

Color

Black

Appearance

1oiKhEc.jpg

Practicing sports ever since he was a little child came with some benefits. Nathan was standing at quite the tall 6'1" which was kinda impressive for his age seeing as he was still gaining some few inches. He was also noticeably big on the muscle side, without him looking like some version of the Hulk. This also didn't stop him from having some sort of relative ease moving around. His hair was as black as his eyes, something he seemingly inherited from his deceased mother. His skin, that he doesn't like show, is kinda pale seeing as he doesn't tan easily.

For his clothing, Nathan prefers dark colors such as black and gray and deeply despises brilliant colors. He usually wear his black jacket, the only gift he ever received from his father along with either a gray or black shirt underneath. For pants, he'll be often seen wearing jeans that are black and he uses sneakers for shoes, with them being either black or gray as the rest of his clothing.

Personality

Born to an abusive father and having his mother die shortly after his birth, Nathan's childhood wasn't exactly ideal. Getting beaten and humiliated by his father left some marks on his personality. He is not a trusty person, always fearing about getting betrayed and stung in the back. Thus this makes it hard for him to show his care for others when in reality he does like the people who earned his trust. He is also rebellious and aggressive, he won't stand people annoying him or the few persons he care for. He'll go extremely berserk to save himself or others.

Pretty self-centered, Nathan has learned to put himself before others for his own good. You'll rarely see him caring for someone else while neglecting his own self. He's also pretty arrogant, boasting about his every achievement for everyone willing to hear him. Nate rarely cares about those who aren't close to him seeing as he won't hesitate to crush them, as he likes to say, to achieve his own greatness. Being a competitive person pushes him to always surpass himself and as he uses this phrase as his motto, he won't rest until he becomes the best at his category.

Brief History

Nathan's childhood wasn't exactly what someone would call typical. Born in Arizona, he didn't grow to see his mother seeing as she died from the complications of giving birth to him. His father, who couldn't move on from this incident, put all the blame on his poor son and began to beat him and put him down as much as he could. School was the only escape for the little boy and he gave his all at it, aways nearly getting perfect grades, hoping that would calm his father and make him proud. But no, his dad always found something that could be ameliorated, pushing Nathan to search for perfection all the time in all the categories. Thus he entered his school's football squad, as soon as he hit the required age, only to become their best player for all the league. He attracted the eyes of many recruiters of prestigious universities.

He ended up getting a scholarship to study Game Designing at a renowned university. In the same year, his father passed away. Despite him being abusive, he was the only family Nathan had that was still alive and he couldn't help but feel lonely after his death. He began to close himself in a world where video games and striving to perfection were his only goals. He entered the university and began to learn game designing, something he liked ever since he was a wee child. Of all the genres, he preferred the MMO games, liking their multi-social abilities. So when he saw a lot of ads for a new MMO video game, called Poke-Link, searching for beta-testers, he didn't hesitate a bit before applying.

Last edited:

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Do you think I can be the last reserve? I'll work on an SU today when I have time. Probably finish tomorrow afternoon or evening...unless I do it today, of course!

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I'm afraid Genesis got there just before >< I will let you know if a spot reopens, siiadams!

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Let me know if a spot opens up as well lol. First rp in a few months.

Will do!

Keep going everyone, I'd love it if over the weekend people could finish off their SUs (or get a big chunk done, at least) otherwise I might have to expire some reservations.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Can't wait for this to start 8) I'm curious to see how it will work.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
Sorry im taking so long >.< ive had to do a lot of stuff for school but im gonna try and finish by tonight

I hate to double post but i wanted to get the attention of anyone who could answer my question

I read through the OOC a couple times but I couldn't really find where the university is... Is it in America and if so which part? XD please tell

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
It's not in a specified location because I didn't want people to all make their characters asian :< But realistically, it would be happening in a Japanese city, probably Tokyo.

For the sake of sanity let's just say it is in a standard, American city. Imagine wherever you'd like :P.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
Sorry if it feels a bit rushed i'm trying to get somewhere XD but here it is

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Richie is accepted! :D

Richie's Avatar Appearance:
Donned in his usual boots and jeans, Richie's digital self wears an orange and black t-shirt - more in keeping with the climate of the simulated world. His Pokétch is orange, with a light blue strap around his wrist. His equipment and items are carried around in a small, tan backpack.​

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I'm done. Feel free to look over this whenever you get on Magic. I'm quite excited to see this RP start :)

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Genesis and Dragon your characters are accepted! I'm sorry if I'm about to murder traditional japanese clothing terms.

Nathan's Avatar Appearance:
In PokéLINK, Nathan's online self has equally dark clothes. He sports black and white sneakers, a pair of black jeans and a striped, black and dark grey t-shirt under his usual black jacket. His Pokétch is, of course, black with minor gold highlights around the edge of the screen. He carries his things in a black, leather shoulder bag.

Saya's Avatar Appearance:
Keeping her normal, miko dress - Saya's clothing remains much the same. The bottom edge of her hakama is tinted with a darker red, complimenting fine, dark red stitching on her other pieces of apparel. Saya's Pokétch is white, with a dark red strap and similar-coloured frame around the screen. Her items and equipment is kept in a shoulder bag (smaller version of this).

blackblackblackblackblackblackblackblackblackblackblackblackblackblackblackblackblackblack

Since we're now waiting for just one more, I'll hopefully have the IC up soon :) It's already written and waiting, just Ducklighter to come.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Can't wait, I'll be able to post tonight and probably a bit tomorrow as well! 8)

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
The IC is now up!

Introductory round, the main part of this section is to give us a bit of your character in the real world, before this all goes down. If you have extra time then you can follow on from where the IC post ends and go in to Pallet Town - details in the Logbook section!

As to how the in-game looks, it looks like reality on the surface, but there are illogical differences. For one, the sky isn't infinite, if you throw a rock high enough it'll ricochet off (Hunger Games, anyone?). Sometimes things might glimmer, or just generally be 'wrong'. It's up to you if you address this and what examples you use :3.

I imagine there will be a load of questions so feel free to ask.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Soo, we're allowed to make NPCs, right? How about making up Players?

You can make up NPCs but not players, since there will only be you 8 - it's quite exclusive! You can meet other people's characters though :3 or maybe you know them from outside.

I was looking at the character list and just noticed something... Youre not playing a character Swifty?

Not at present ;3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back