• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Recruitment/Volunteering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowlstir

Media Arts and Game Development
Years

Team Recruitment

Position(s) being recruited for: Any

Team name: Cosmos

Team members
: Bowlstir

Game title: Pokémon Cosmos

Current progress made: I really want to revamp this game, and hopefully with others as well. The current version is about two hours long. It's a dark, emotional, and atmospheric adventure. I rushed it back then, and now, I want to try to make this light years better. I've learned a lot more over the last 3 years. If anyone is interested in helping out that would be great.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 12, 2021
Recruiting Team Members
Team Name: Pokemon Astral Crusaders
Team Leader: MonadoXY7
Current Members: MonadoXY7, umbralshadows
Current Game Title: Pokemon Astral
Current Progress made: First two towns, routes and city already made
Position(s) to be recruited: Sprite artist for Gen 3 (overworld), music maker, mapping (region), scripting, character design (for personality, background and story), and character sprite maker
Link to Game's PC thread: www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=398339
Method of Contact: Skype, Facebook and Messenger, Discord, PM me on PC website
Additional Info: Look for Christopher Scott (my real name with the Arcanine) on Skype, send a friend request on Facebook and pm me in Messenger, search for MonadoXY7 on Discord in the game dev section for immediate chat, and just reply to his post on the PC's team recruitment thread. I am looking for someone who can create the same overworld as that of Pokemon Reborn.Also, i'm looking for someone who can create tiles, houses, and environments for each town and city.

Attachments

• screenshot_20170831_194543.png
    screenshot_20170831_194543.png
    20.2 KB · Views: 8
  • screenshot_20170831_194902.png
    screenshot_20170831_194902.png
    16.9 KB · Views: 11
  • screenshot_20170831_195159.png
    screenshot_20170831_195159.png
    32.2 KB · Views: 8
  • screenshot_20170831_195721.png
    screenshot_20170831_195721.png
    33.8 KB · Views: 9
  • screenshot_20170831_195843.png
    screenshot_20170831_195843.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 10
  • screenshot_20170831_200101.png
    screenshot_20170831_200101.png
    23.9 KB · Views: 6
  • screenshot_20170831_200226.png
    screenshot_20170831_200226.png
    29.4 KB · Views: 2
  • screenshot_20170831_200405.png
    screenshot_20170831_200405.png
    27.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

The Dewitty

Pixel artist, professional leo
Years
recruitment_scripter.png

Position(s) being recruited for
Reliable, talented scripter who can code user interfaces and has a good insight in bug fixing

Team name: Team Comet
Team members: The Dewitty
Game title: Pok?mon Comet
Current progress made: Debugging phase of demo #1
Thread: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=398290
Preferred method of contact: Through Pok?Community, here or here

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 24, 2019
Position(s) being recruited for: Any help with the storyboard, mapping/scripting (RGSS-Ruby Game Scripting System), spriting, or composing soundtracks would be great! (Maybe other tasks if you have suggestions)
Team name: Team Arbitrium
Team members: Pichu258, RoacherTV, mixingmetaphorsoup
Game title: Pokemon Arbitrium (for now)
Current progress made: Finished 1st iteration of Villain Team Hideout B1, a section of a city for a cutscene, Pokemon Lab w/ Gen1-6 Starter Selection, an OW sprite for the Pokemon Professor, bgm for grunts, bgm for a harbor town. (Subject to change)

Link to the game's Pok?Community thread OR At least 4 screenshots unique to your game:
Preferred method of contact: Private message on Discord (Pichu123#0801), PokeCommunity, or Relic Castle
Additional information:

Why this project:
For awhile, I've wanted to create my own Pok?mon fan game but I never had an idea that inspired me to follow through. However, recently, I played Pok?mon rejuvenation which has a cast of well-written characters and diverse region w/ some cool battle mechanics.
This sparked my imagination to build a game kinda like it. I was also inspired by telltale games and undertale's storytelling where small decisions can affect the story drastically. I know this idea is pretty ambitious but right now I feel committed to this project.

Proposed plot: You are an orphan who was abandoned by your father for unknown reasons. There, you make a friend who eventually becomes your rival. One day, a mysterious man decided to adopt you. It is revealed that this man is the leader of the game's villain team. However, like Team Magma and Team Aqua, they have good intentions. Their goal is to punish those who seek to undermine the peace of the Telea region. Unfortunately, they use extreme measures to maintain peace (i.e stealing
Pok?mon from those they believe don't deserve them, murdering local criminals, brainwashing people to become better citizens). 5 years after your adoption, you shadow your mentors (team admins) on a mission to steal documents pertaining to a fashion company's inhumane treatment of staff and Pok?mon. At the scene, you come face to face with your rival, who has become a detective -in-training in the police force. He gives you the opportunity to leave the organization and join the police force.
At this point, you have the option of agreeing to his terms, or refusing, effectively beginning your journey as a trainer or someone who wants to make the world a more peaceful place at all costs.

TL;DR: player can choose to be a hero or anti-hero

Plans:
-modifying frozen status to let offensive moves "break the ice" and also act as a one-turn stasis
-make freeze more prominent in battle. Ex: Flash-Freeze: can freeze multiple targets
-sorry it's vague atm but new abilities and revamps of current abilities
-modifying field effects from Pok?mon rejuvenation(with permission of course)
-key item to access PC from anywhere
-iv stat manipulation (like vitamins to help boost that stat)
-maybe level scaling for all routes?

I am open to any feedback/support and understand if you decide to leave the project at any time. If you do decide to join, please leave me a DM either on Relic Castle or Discord (Pichu123#0801) and I will respond as soon I can.

Please feel free to ask any questions regarding this project, I will try my best to explain it.

Thanks for your consideration! :D

Cavespider_17

Charlie
Years
  • Age 29
  • U.K
  • Seen Feb 5, 2024
The Coltar Project

Position(s) being recruited for:
Battle coordinator [1]
Music: [1-2] URGENT
RPGMXP Scripter [1]
Storyboard checker/editor [1]

Team name: "The Coltar Team"
Team members (Current):
Admin:
Cavespider_17, Delashmit (Away)

Battle coordination:
Lightning111

Mapper:
Tim, Vohelian, BOT

Scripter:
BOT

Storyboard:
Cavespider_17, Delashmit (Away)

Spriter:
Kirlial,Bean, Sparkin

Game title: Pokemon Coltar
Current progress made:
In the process of moving from Idea to having something playable. Story is more or less sorted out plot wise in noted form, needs a little tidying.
Link to the game's PokéCommunity thread OR At least 4 screenshots unique to your game: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=397916
Preferred method of contact: Discord or Forums private message. I will answer both.
Additional information: (optional)
Timezone: GMT 00:00
Feel free to ask me questions and I will do my best to answer them as quickly and as fully as possible.
Remember fan games are free, don't expect money for helping out. Help out because you want to.

Last edited:

umbralshadows

aerial silks angel
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 6, 2017
Free agent looking for work

Area looking for work:
plotting, writing, concept art for fakemon/trainers

Relevant examples of your work:
check out my visualnovel playthrough here for writing
an ya can see my art on this thread

Preferred method of contact:
message me on this forums

Additional information:
i'm very selective bout projects. ... i like strong storylines an i cant work with to heavy deadlines due to life things an my own project
i prefer smaller projects that hav a high probability ta be completed
allso prefer if ya hav a demo or sumthin ta show progress before i commit

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 28, 2023
https://i.imgur.com/kTOVufI.png

https://i.imgur.com/8oD54BC.gifv

Greetings all! Pokémon Adventures Online is a game that aims to replicate the Nintendo hand held experience via a mmo environment. PAO is a 2.5d Pokemon mmo that's uses Pokémon Unity as its base which is developed using C# / Unity. We have a team of nine people which are comprised of 1 head developer, 1 web developer, 1 project manager, 3 artist (pixel and graphic) 2 mappers and 1 R&D. All of us are dedicated and committed to this project and we are looking for the same level of commitment and dedication from others whom wish to join us. Our goal is to create a game and community in which players can come together and play all for the love of Pokemon! Development is heavily underway, but could use at least another experienced programmer or two. Here are the requirements in which we are seeking for potential programmers:

Skills:
· experienced C#/Unity programmer
· Asynchronous Backend-Frontend Communication Via Sockets

Requirements
· Availability - at least 1 hour per day free time to contribute
· Communication Skills - must communicate with other team members, must use Discord to communicate

Duties / Tasks
· coding key game components(frontend and backend) such as pokedex, trading system and etc along with their counterparts on the backend such as database tables and etc.

Contact
· Discord Friend Request: Ahyuri#3444 or pm here

Last edited:
Years

Recruiting a team member for Pokémon Unity 2D, a fangame making kit I'm developing for Unity
  • Position being recruited for: An additional programmer who is familiar with OOP. This project specifically uses C#, but it's a language easy to pick up when you know the concepts. You'll be working closely with me, tackling various scripts that need to be written/edited and creating editing GUI tools.
  • Team name: None
  • Team members: Currently me, and one currently inactive member
  • Engine title: Pokémon Unity 2D (P2D, for short)
  • Current progress made: 40% maybe? Currently working on the event system, so after that and the battle system it'll be probably be close to releasable
  • Link to the game's PokéCommunity thread
  • Preferred method of contact: Discord

Last edited:

Syntthetix

[color=ddccec]Porygon Programmer[/color]
Years
o2Py2NG.png

Hello everyone!
Our names are Garrett and Noah, and we?re two beginner game developers. We?re working on our first project, called Shiny Simulator. The objective in making this game is to replicate shiny hunting with a text format instead of 2D graphics.
We?re about halfway through, and we?d like to stop to take feedback and bug reports.
If you?re interested in playtesting for us, leave your skype or discord and we?ll send you a copy of the game along with an invite to a google doc. On the google doc, the play testers can report bugs and give feedback. Or you can contact us directly, through the contact info listed below.
Thanks everyone!

TLDR:
Leave your skype or discord and we?ll invite you to the play tester google doc, and send you a copy of the game. Or you can contact us directly, through the contact info listed below.

Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/ZCUOq

Recruiting: Play Testers
Team Name: PNDA
Team Members: Noah and myself
Game Title: Shiny Simulator
Current Progress: Roughly half way done
Method of contact: Skype: noah.anderson26/syntthetix - Discord: Ary#2226/Syn#5602

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 5, 2018
Pok?mon Equality Recruiting
Introduction

Team Name: Team Equality
Team Members:
NtX - Main Dev, Mapper, Eventer
Gamelizard - Writer
SelenaFF - Spriter
Sukoshijon - Composer
Welcome to your new adventure! Travel across the beautiful landscape of Scaniola with your Pokemon, uncovering secrets about the region and what lies above. Scaniola is home to more than just tourist hotspots; it has a vast history intertwined with ancient cities and new pokemon. Rivalry and friendship will follow on this journey, as you travel alongside two trainers-in-the-making, Zeak and Lisa. Conquer gyms and challenge the Elite Four, before facing the Champion of Scaniola. Professor Aspen recruits your help when strange anomalies threaten the natural order of things!
Recruiting for
Currently we are looking for people who can fill these positions:
  • Scripter - A Scripter who is able to create various custom UI for the Project such as the menu, but also a working Online System
  • Spriter - Able to create Gen 5 Style Fakemon and Gen 4 Style Trainers and OW's
  • Concept Artist - Creating concept arts for Characters and Fakemon, should also be able to make Sugimori Artworks.
Screenshots and Progress
Current Progress:
  • Maps 40% - All maps for a 2 Gym demo release are finished and more maps are being designed!
  • Story 40 % - Story is coming along good, entire beginning parts of the game are evented!
  • Sprites 10% - Sprites are currently being designed and on the way
  • Music 70% - All Custom Battle Music is done with the exception of a few
  • Scripts 10% - Only public scripts are implemented, we really need a scripter!
Screenshots:
aM0S8H7.png

Method of Contact
If you're interested in joining th team you can contact us at one of these Social Media:
Add me on Discord: NtX (Pokemon Equality Dev)#7382
Contact us by Email: [email protected]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/EqualityPokemon
Stay Tuned:D

Last edited:

19thsword

The Void Wanderer
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 11, 2022
The creation team for the Dark Rising 3 fan game is seeking new members to assist the project in various fields of development. The following positions are in need at this time (please note: we are only looking for people with experience in making fan games)-

Scripter- Writing text and implementing events into the game.
Programmer- Advanced coding required for the game to function as intended and add creative mechanics.
Note: The two positions listed above are of most urgency.

Mapper- Designing layouts for in-game areas.
Tile Inserter- Inserting tilesets into the game and creating custom tiles.
Note: We are using 5th gen style tiles.

Animator- Creating an animated opening for the game.
Artist- designing creative visuals for the game such as the title screen and other custom images.

The development team currently has 14 members who each focus on their specific role and contribute to the project on a daily basis. We use discord to hold group discussions concerning the game and have fun banters about various topics.

The title of the game, as stated previously, is Dark Rising 3. It is the final installment in the popular Rom Hack series that will be developed using Essentials v17.1. Progression of the game has been slow due to conflicts arising from former team members that resulted in the project being restarted. Currently, we are looking at around 8% completion, but that percentage is expected to increase rapidly over the next three weeks.

lgvHO1m.png

6XqR4l7.png

5uY2imI.png

BxFLepk.png

To apply, simply download the application form in this message & send it to the address within the documentation.
For more information on the series, please visit the official website: https://pokemondarkrisinghq.weebly.com

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...Rising_3_Recruitment_Application_Document.odt

Last edited:

KevsterMister98

Pokemon Trainer
Years
Hey everyone, my name is Kevin, the "director" of the game! We are looking for spots!

The game is called Pokémon: Xi Arco, a retelling of the story from RBY and FrLg! More details are in the game's pokecommunity page!

What We Need:
~~~Sprite Artists: We are very low on sprite artists unfortunately. Our game is in the gen4 style(HgSs), but for battles it would be Gen5. So overworlds would be HgSs sprites and battle sprites(Pokémon, Trainers) would be Gen5.
~~~Scripter/Programmer: This is the area where we are really lacking. We would need someone who knows how to code and program since we're way behind on that section.

I know my post isn't flashy so sorry in advance xD Any help would greatly be appreciated!

The game overall is about 20% done. If you want more information DM me, or look at the game's page on here(the info is way better there than it is here!) Thank you!
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9638118

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 14, 2018
POKEMON EVERRAIN​

This project has been in development for about two years now consisting of a team of two. My counterpart is responsible for concept art for all the new Pok?mon, Trainer classes and other newly added assets. Also most of the original Pok?mon assets get a rework as we want to give this Fangame a clear own and recognizable art style whilst still staying true to that Pokemon feeling.

Myself on the other hand is responsible for the storyline, general setting of the game, as well as coming up with over 170 new Pok?mon Designs, mechanics and moveset / stat changes for existing Pokemon. Additionally I will create a very own score for the game with great attention to detail. This for me is sort of the biggest and most exciting aspect as I can tie in my job as a Audio Engineer into this project.

Since both team members have a full time job development is done in late night sessions and holidays therfor we move at a somewhat slower pace but steadily.

What is done up to this point is a development plan (in my opinion one of the most important and yet so often overlooked things), the idea and Pok?dex entry for allmost all 170 new Pok?mon, drawn out and most often coloured concept art for around 90 of said Fakemons, a planned out region with a story script tied into it as well as the first routes and cities being mapped out.

Now some might see this as not far progressed but please bear in mind that we aim for a top notch quality and therfor spend countless of hours coming up with creative and exciting ideas for Fakemons that actually feel like they belong into the game and have some great backstories and links to the region as well as the lore of the game. The same goes with all the other content as well.

NOW COMING TO THE GAME IT SELF:​
It resembles a somewhat more adult and darker approach to the Pok?mon Franchise involving a meaningful plot driven storyline in a world where people and Pok?mon can be hurt and die. The goal is to give the player an emotional journey with less of the typical light childhood feeling of the normal games.
The region called Melodiam is being terrorized by a neverending rain threatening to flood the whole region. Food became rare and so has clean drinking water. Money has become almost worthless due to hyperinflation and most items can only be obtained by trading food or other items necessary for survival although all stores still accept money but obtaining enough money to actually have some value in your pocket is quite hard.
Such a bitter state the world is in of course brings up the worst in some people. Gangs and organised crime organisations are formed that try to get a monopole on food and water forcing people to work for them or pay them in whatever goods they desire to keep up their untroubled lifestyle. Their aim is also to get rid of most Pok?mon as they present a threat to their safety. No mafiosi wants a person fighting for the good let his Pikachu roast him after all.

You are a teenager that lost most of his fellow villagers as well as his family due to famine or illness. You remember reading about identical events that happend centuries ago and how a legendary Pok?mon together with a group of commited heroes changed the fate of Melodiam by stopping the neverending rain and overlooking the restabalizing of the society. You go out there in the search of said legendary Pok?mon and potential allies, fighting gangs, nature and starving Pok?mon.

This is all oft he story that I want to reveal publicly.​

In order to present this story in a meaningful and engaging way we plan to use an own tileset and graphics.

If all of this has made you curious and you want to get involved in the project message me on here, Discord (Feeniks#2485) or Skype (VarjoRR).​

WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR:​
? Pixel artist(s) to turn our concept art into assets to be used in the game and more importantly to create our own custom tileset
? Mapper(s) who can make Melodiam come to life in an unique and memorable style full with little details​
LATER IN THE PROCESS WE WILL BE LOOKING FOR:​
? Scripter who have the technical know how to make this great vision reality
? Web Developers who can help with setting up the Wiki for Everrain

Depending on the amount of work you are willing to put in and the speed you work at we can offer you payment. (To be discussed privately. All payment agreements will be made by contract to reassure both parties)

HERE ARE SCREENSHOTS OF THE PROJECT:​
Spoiler:
Colourized Conceptart​
Spoiler:
One of the few Pixelart that do already exist​
Spoiler:
Concept art for a new type Eveelution​
Spoiler:
Colourized Concept Art​
Spoiler:
Early stage concept art​
Spoiler:
Our first draw for the starting town​
Spoiler:
Route 1​
Spoiler:
A first draw of a forest like route​
Spoiler:
We try to have some non linear routes to really keep it interesting​
Spoiler:
A little snippet of our list of new features​
Spoiler:
A small portion of our overview of new Pok?mons (every one of them has its own file as well with more infos)​
Spoiler:
A snippet of our new types and some balance calculations​
Spoiler:
A sample of our indepth data on every Pok?mon​

Attachments

• POKEMON EVERRAIN RECRUITMENT.pdf
    577.8 KB · Views: 2

HackerTDog

Hacker
Years
Recruiting a team member.

Team name: TBC
Team Leader: HackerTDog
Current members: Me, and my brother
Current game title: Pokecademy
Current progress: Main characters and features added along with tiles and maps.
Positions: Spriter (characters, tiles, title screen and region map)
Map designer
Story writer (dialogue, quests, cutscenes and main characters along with backstory)
Time zone: GMT: 0:00
Preferred method of contact: email me at [email protected]
Additional info: You don't need lots of experience just motivation and dedication.
For more info visit the thread: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=360502

Last edited:

Master Poyo

TheRealMasterRed
Years
Free hobbyist looking to help!

Place of interest: Story writing, character design (for personality, background and story), idealist.

i just started as a story writer, i am in 2 another fan game as a story writer and i am also writing my story for my own game. As for now i have done 1 story(My own) and 1 side quest(another fan game).

Disclaimer:
PLEASE DON'T MESSAGE ME HERE!!!
Message me at discord: 🔥Nameer Ahmed🔥#5266

I'll need to see if the project is worth helping, if not, then i am sorry.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 12, 2021
I'm looking for a composer who is willing to work with me on my Project Pokémon Astral. I would very much like it if you would help me after the holidays. Please reply at your earliest convenience.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 2, 2021
Positions being recruited for: Beta testers
Team name: N/A
Team members: xima
Game title: Emerald Engine
Link to the Game: Thread
Current progress made:
xafXwd5.png

Demo video:

Last edited:
Years
Recruiting a team member -
  • Working title: Pokémon Stars
  • Team name: N/A
  • Team members: Just me at the moment
  • Positions being recruited for: Tile artist capable of making tiles in a custom style; someone capable of creating sprites for fakemon, NPC overworlds, trainer sprites... What I'm trying to say here is I'm looking for spriters
  • Current progress made: Programming wise, the foundations have been laid, and work on the main game (maps and whatnot) could begin... If I had tiles to map with (hence this post :P )
  • Screenshots unique to the game:
    Spoiler:
  • Preferred method of contact: On here, or Discord (@toby#8759, i'm on the PC discord if that helps)

As the game is based on Starbound, it would help if you have played it beforehand. This isn't a necessity , it just helps a lot for getting the style right.
If you're not a tile artist, spriter, concept artist or something like that, but still want to help, don't feel like you can't! It's just those positions are the ones I'm looking for the most, as the screenshots featuring the overworld show very well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back