• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Leave Monster Fusions to Dragon Quest Monsters - They have been doing monster fusions for years now. Never played those games, but Pokemon is not a place for monster fusions.

644.gif
+
646.gif
=
646-black.gif

what's this?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Just because they did it once doesn't mean he likes it.

I love the new Pokemon though. That's my favorite part of the game - not the plot or characters or region, but the interesting new Pokemon. The idea of only having 50 new ones is sad.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022

I love the new Pokemon though. That's my favorite part of the game - not the plot or characters or region, but the interesting new Pokemon. The idea of only having 50 new ones is sad.

Well, I believe they said more than 50 pokemon so I wouldn't worry about it. I myself love the sense of exploration and adventure so I'm hyped for that.

Sirius

Wrong Thread.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 22, 2013

They said that it would be guaranteed of there being over 700 pokemon. They didn't say anything about it only being 50. Think of it more like 700 being an easy number to describe, rather than something like 493 in Gen 4.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Speaking of the number of pokemon there will be, I wonder how many legendary pokemon will appear this time around.

Generally we get the dual legendaries, along with the trio legendaries, and a 'cute-little legendary', so.. I guess at least 6? Then again, Gen 4 and Gen 5 made a lot more legendaries than 6; I think it was 13? But, with the ~possible~ less number of the new generation ofpokemon this time around, will less legendaries be made this time around?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm hoping there's not a lot. Two main, one for the third game, a trio, and one or two event legendaries. So...7-8 I think would be good?

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Kyurem was LENGENDARY. I don't mind it when Legendaries are involved. They are supposed to break the rules and be different. I don't uses legendaries anyway, so I don't mind them.

I'm just saying that there are places where Pokemon is already strong. They could make the strong points stronger, or they can work on their shortcomings.

I like discovering new Pokemon, and I love nearly all of the Pokemon. But, as an Adult, I would appreciate some more complex adventures with my pokemon partners.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
And hopefully, some of them will be something other than dragon.

Sirius

Wrong Thread.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 22, 2013
Around 7-8, like Syd said! I guess they could get away by adding one or two more or something, but no more than that. D:

I'd guess somewhere around 8 to 10, but they may have a bunch of designs for new Legends to go along with the whole DNA/Science theme and it end up being around the number of legends from DPPt. Either way I'd be happy so long as the legends are worthwhile designs.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
If they added two more to the 7-8 that, I think anyway, would be good, I hope it's a case like Lati@s in that they're version exclusive to one game. I think RSE had the right amount of legendaries personally. A pair of version exclusives, one massive legendary for both games, a trio, and two events.

How many legendaries did D/P/Pt have total?

Too many. i wanna say 13.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Including Phione and Rotom, there are a total of 14.

Alright so I looked it up. The count for Sinnoh is at 14 (excluding Rotom since he's not a legendary).

Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Mesprit, Azelf, Uxie, Darkrai, Cresselia, Manaphy, Phione, Regigigas, Heatran, Shaymin and Arceus.

I think 7-8 for Generation 6 would be fine tbh. Sinnoh had far too many.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Hm... speaking of Legendaries, Generation I had only 5 Legendaries. So it wouldn't be too surprising if Pokémon X and Y had about 8 Legendary Pokémon in the game, surely that would be enough for anyone to search for the Pokémon and find them in the game, this also includes the event Pokémon too. ;)

Years
I'd prefer a limit of 6-7 legendaries this gen since otherwise it just gets ridiculous in my opinion - Sinnoh definitely had too much. ):

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I think Vaporeon might actually have it right here, though it'd be interesting if there was any more legendaries...

I don't think so...I like it better when we focus on a few legendaries rather than overwhelm people with a ton of them like gen IV did.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I don't think so...I like it better when we focus on a few legendaries rather than overwhelm people with a ton of them like gen IV did.

While Sinnoh is my favorite region they really did just make me cringe whenever I thought of the legendaries. I hope Gen 6 does it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back