• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Overmoderation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
It seems like some recently inducted guys are making too liberal use of their new mod powers.

I'll call him by name: Aerilyn.

He has a nice appetite for deleting posts which he, with all the wisdom granted to him by the gods of internet moderation, deems are "off-topic", although his criteria for what "off-topic" is, is kind of too broad. In the past few days he deleted a post of mine where I stated I was right from the beginning that the Pokémon showed in Smash was Mewtwo's new form, and not a new Pokémon as everyone was saying based on the misleading information by Pokémon.com. Honestly, that was excessive. It was perfectly ON topic and didn't offend anyone.

I've not been his only victim either. The "list" of "post deleted by Aerilyn" is fairly large, just do a search in the XY thread and you'll see.

This forum is not supposed to be as liberal as 4chan, but we're not supposed to avoid walking on eggshells with every post we make.

Just sayin', you know.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
It's easy to stay on topic. One of our main rules on the forum is to not go off topic. People go off-topic and their post gets deleted. Aerilyn is a former super moderator here at PC and I respect him and his opinion. X/Y is a new forum that attracts a lot of people and these new people will go off-topic more often there than elsewhere. He is the only moderator of X/Y so he will of course have a lot of posts that he deletes.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Mac beat me to it. :c

If Shivi believed that the post(s) were off topic, then they almost certainly were. Like Mac said, a major rule is to stay on topic, and if they aren't on topic, then they're off topic. Hence, the deletion.

Also, I don't see what calling the staff out like you did does to help your case. If anything, it makes you look foolish. If you seriously believe that the moderator was in the wrong, PM him or the higher staff. Going public like this is silly, imo. Especially when you're wrong.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I personally believe that there aren't enough posts being deleted. XY forums is a place that gets off topic very easily because at this point it's almost entirely speculation, so I'm not surprised that there's a lot of deleted posts. Keeping on topic is easy, as Mac said, and as long as you do there's no reason to worry about your posts being deleted.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
A "I told you so" doesn't warrant a post in the busiest section here - and Aerilyn didn't appear to penalize you for posting that. In the future, contact the moderator in private first to iron things out. If you're still not satisfied with the decision, take it up to a super moderator or admin. There is also the staff feedback thread to post all concerns in, thanks.

Closed~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back