• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Poll] City or Country?

Where would rather live?

• The country

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • The city

Votes: 18 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I have lived in both country and city - many times I prefer the country, but also when I lived in the country I missed the city. It's a hard choice at times.

Don't know maybe one part of the year in the country and the other on the city. Voted for country since I don't get to travel much now a days, at the moment I do miss the Oregon countryside.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
A city. I like the big cities with bright lights and tons of people. I'd hate to be stuck alone in the country. That's why I like Jacksonville.

Years
I live in the city so yeah obviously answered city here. I don't even think I'd survive in a rural area after bad experiences with school camp in the past.

Years
I've never lived in the city where I'm from, but also in the city, crime is higher and you're more confined. I prefer the open space out where we are and there's hardly any crime. So I voted for country.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm a big city junkie. As much as I adore the lovely so-called countryside where I live in right now, I would much rather be in a city with lots of people.

Togfan

Decently-behaving Anime Girl
Years
Cities definitively
Not sure why, but it probably has something to do with how I grew up in Oslo, so whenever I'm there it just feels very right. It's a pretty unique atmosphere; streets filled with shops and people that pass by, having their own lives with ups and downs

Where I live now is considered a city, but I find it a bit... small... more like a small town really.

Years
Definitely would prefer to live in a city. There's nothing wrong with the piece and quiet environment that you get in the country, which I would like once in a while, but the convenience of being able to walk around as a method of transportation is a plus. It can be scary living out in the country so far from civilization and neighbours are spread out .___.

Years
Country. There's no way I will ever live in a city.
It's too grey for me, it's chaotic, polluted, and all you can see is buildings everywhere, no green.
I live by a big lake, surrounded with mountains and green everywhere; the city is still only half an hour away.
Sure, during the winter it gets very lonely, but so what? Silence and the sounds of nature can be appreciated a lot more than the never ending noise of cars and city life.
I don't know if this applies to other places in the country too, but here during summer there's a lot of activity.
Everywhere, towns get filled with tourists, and driving anywhere takes ages because of all the traffic.
It's quite the opposite of what I described above about the winter here, so it's not like I can't get what life in the city can offer me, more like: I can, but with the not so trivial added bonus of healthier lungs and the sight of something pretty when I get up.

Years
This is a killer question for me because I'm a traveler at heart and can see beauty in both areas. The country is peaceful and its scenery gorgeous while a city is bustling and has so many places to go.. both are areas I can see myself settling down in if given the choice.

But I'd probably go with a city because more work opportunities and all that jazz.

Sirfetch’d

I've never lived in a city as I have always been countryside but like the others, the city is where I want to be. It's so much more lively with numerous more things to do. It just seems better overall and wouldn't be as boring all of the time haha.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I live in a city and as much I enjoy it, I wouldn't mind living in the country. It always seems more quiet in the country than the city and the scenery is a lot more beautiful than a bunch of buildings and houses. My aunt lives in the city and I enjoy the quiet and the solitude I get there. There is however a lot more to do in the city and sometimes the lights can be really pretty. But the night sky and stars are even prettier. :3

Shhmew

Years
I understand the love some people feel for country life, but I myself highly prefer cities. Everything is right where you need it, it's so much more convenient. I've actually had a lot of people completely not comprehend my point of view; usually goes something like "How on earth can you prefer the city?! It's gross, and crowded, SO much traffic, so very noisy, everything's way too fast paced. You've obviously never lived in the country, where it's peaceful, quiet, and you can see the stars..."

That's all good and well and I do love visiting the country every now and again, but I guess the high amount of convenience makes it all worth it for me. You can really immerse yourself in culture and people and all that stuff in the city. And I really love it <3

Really comes down to the type of person you are I guess.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Cities! Remote areas are still under development in our country and i feel very uncomfortable while i am at my granpa's place!

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
Country for sure. I literally cannot stand to be up in the city. Too much noise and the roads seem almost impossible to drive on. It just feels depressing to me. I always dread trips up to St. Louis, but I have to if I want to watch a Blues game. It's just a lot more peaceful out in the country and I've always enjoyed outdoor activities and small gatherings. It's probably because I grew up out in the country, so that's the type of life I'm used too.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Oh god, I don't wanna live in the country at all.

I love big cities, and the people, and the lights.

As it is, I live in a suburb. Hoping to change that one day. We've got Kansas city that's close by, buuut even that isn't as big as I'd like. It's a mini-city in comparison to some. xD

Back