• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question Thread

Is the white 3Ds XL too noticeable when playing the game?

• Yes, incredibly. You should go for a black screen.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yeah, you should probably go for something else.

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Nah, it's fine.

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • WHA- The white version is the best! ^^

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Can someone help me out here. I have both cords plugged into my Wii, the one that plugs into the wall and the one that plugs into the TV. I'm not using the sensor bar plug as I got a wireless one. But I can't get any power to the Wii. Is there a 3rd cord I'm missing? Or is it because I'm not using the Power Cord that originally came with my Wii? I'm using someone else's Wii cord.

Years
No power at all is going to the console? So you don't get a red or orange light then? Well, the power cords are universal, as far as I am aware, so that shouldn't be the problem. What happened to your power cord? Maybe try using that just to see what happens?
I imagen you have checked the mains and everything that it is turned on?
Another thing could be the fuse in the power cable plug has blown, which would mean it just needs changing.​

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
what do I use to clean DS touch screen

what do I use to clean my DS touch screen without ruining it... I don't know what kinds of cleaners are safe to clean my DS's touch screen with...

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
what do I use to clean my DS touch screen without ruining it... I don't know what kinds of cleaners are safe to clean my DS's touch screen with...

I would recommend microfiber. With any standard DS care kit they should have a microfiber cloth that comes with it, some with interesting patterns (I have one with 4th gen Pokemon all over it). If you don't have any, you can get them online for less than 5 bucks.

If you really don't have access to that or it's so bad that you need something wet, I would take a soft shirt and put a few drops of water on it, not enough to soak it but enough to just make it barely damp. Then when you're done you can dry it off with another part of the shirt.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years

Y'know using Google would be a lot quicker, but whatever.

Just get a damp cloth. Make sure it's fully wrung out and then proceed wiping. :) Make sure the cloth is clean and isn't rough, as this could cause unwanted scratches to your screen. To avoid this predicament in the future, perhaps buy some screen protectors.

Years
  • Seen Oct 11, 2011
Action Replay

How comes the DSI action replay doesn't work on the 3DS?

They should come out with an action replay for the 3DS and I hope it also works with ds games as well as 3rd games Like Pokemon Black or white.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
...Because it's a DSi Action Replay. lol :( This is about video gaming in general though, not just Pokemon gaming, so I'll move this for you. :) And don't worry! There should eventually be a 3DS Action Replay for you. Whether it will work with older games or not though, idk. I kinda doubt it, but I've never had an AR so I don't know much about them.

Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2011
I've always wanted to play my Pokemon games online but my internet just doesn't seem to like it :( When I go on connection setup it always says, 'Connect to your Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector' - does anyone know where I could get one of these in the UK?

Or, even better, how to get my DS connected to SKY Broadband!

Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2011
Where can i buy a cheap ds lite and pokemon black/white in the UK? ;)

Years
For the UK, I would say you could look at Ebay, since that will, nearly always, be you cheapest bet.
Then there is Gamestation who do have some cheap offers on now and then, or you could look at shops like CEX and Cash Converters. Note: GAME will never have anything cheaper than any of these shops! XD

Hope this helps!​

Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2011
For the UK, I would say you could look at Ebay, since that will, nearly always, be you cheapest bet.
Then there is Gamestation who do have some cheap offers on now and then, or you could look at shops like CEX and Cash Converters. Note: GAME will never have anything cheaper than any of these shops! XD

Hope this helps!​

Cheers for that :) found pokemon white for £12 near me and a ds lite for £45 with accessories :D

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
Years
Xbox Party Chat

Alright, me and my friends play a lot of xbox, but there are times where they kick me out of the xbox party chat and refuse to invite me back then set it to invite only because of annoyance of music played in the background from my brother.

My question is there any way to get around that invite only filter, as in join a party chat with ease even though you don't have a invite?

Years
I'd be more inclined to cut out the background music than trying to hack my way into a private chat. Whether this means dropping the mic volume, insulating the wall or just telling him to turn down the music is up to you. :D

Years
lol telling my brother to not play music while I'm playing xbox will probably lead to war...again

If it's loud enough to be heard by a close-proximity mic in another room, then he should be turning it down, even for himself. Time for your parents to step in. Don't say it's because of the Xbox, just that it's too loud in general. Maybe that it's going to do damage to his hearing. Then they should be inclined to agree. :P

Are most sibling relationships that hostile?

Dale

Captain Ressentiment
Years
Which 3DS Game?

Hey, I'm buying a 3DS in a month (that means I can do trades and stuff!), and a game along with it. That's the problem; I don't know whether to get;
a. LoZ: Ocarina of Time 3D
b. Starfox 64 3D
c. Super Mario 3D Land (since it should have released by then.)

Any advice or other suggestions?

Dale

Captain Ressentiment
Years
Super Mario 3D Land. I would say Pokemon Rumble Blast personally... But it's not gonna be released by then.
Yeah, it releases like the 20th December in the UK (EDIT - Pokemon, not Mario (in case you couldn't tell))? So I'll probably buy it after Christmas.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
Hey, I'm buying a 3DS in a month (that means I can do trades and stuff!), and a game along with it. That's the problem; I don't know whether to get;
a. LoZ: Ocarina of Time 3D
b. Starfox 64 3D
c. Super Mario 3D Land (since it should have released by then.)

Any advice or other suggestions?

Tough call between LoZ and Super Mario imo. 'Cause I've heard Ocarina of Time is amazing, but I'm a Mario fangirl so I'd personally probably choose that.

Back