• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

REBOOT: Game of Luck ; A Nuzlocke Crazy Dice Roleplay (OOC)

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
Game of Luck​

[ Welcome to the world of Pokémon- ]

-Albeit a slightly different one than you are used to. The biggest difference? Pokémon die.

Pokémon training has always been the world's eldest sport, and most widely practiced one. Everyone is encouraged to at least give it a try, it is normal for teenagers from age 16 (the minimum age for getting a trainer's license) and to fill a gap year between finishing high school and starting their further education or career with Pokémon training. In fact, it is rare to find any adult that at one point in their lives haven't dabbled in the training of Pokémon. A select few continue even afterwards, becoming a professional trainer or gym leader. Pokémon training is everywhere, it;'s a huge part of everyday life.

Due to excessive capturing as well as fatal training against wild Pokémon have been getting scarce all over the world for the past two decades. After Kanto became almost entirely devoid of wild Pokémon the league issued strict laws for the preservation of wildlife. For one, trainers may only catch one Pokémon per route, these are recorded on the trainer card and going over your limit will result in the revoking of trainer privileges. As Pokémon roam it can be difficult to keep track of them, however, and with the right computer knowledge one can quite easily override the chip of the trainer card. There are heavy punishments if caught. Another law prohibits the killing of wild Pokémon. This is not so readily checked and some trainers don't mind the law and do so anyway. If caught the punishment will depend on the severity of the crime, from the revoking of trainer priviledges to a sentencing to prison.

But there's trouble rising. Pokémon get hurt in battles, some even die, this has always been an accepted fact. Battling is always risky, even getting knocked out can mean internal damage for the creature. Battles are usually fought by the trainer determining when to give up, if they recall their Pokémon that Pokémon is forfeit, but it is quite common for the Pokémon to perish either in battle or after from their injuries. There are even adrenaline injection darts you can give your Pokémon to get them to fight past their breaking point, resulting in the death of the Pokémon, but a chance to win your battle. Pokémon death is an accepted part of battling, even a strategy at times. After all, Pokémon are just tools for a sport, aren't they?

And that's where the trouble comes from, to some, they are not. A movement that started in Unova and has seen a steady rise around the world since, Pokémon Rights Activists, fights for more rights for Pokémon. They think it beastly to exploit living creatures like that. They have succeeded in banning adrenaline injections in several regions, namely Unova, Johto and Kanto, as well as more safety restrictions on official battles (mainly gyms) where most casualties occur. Even in the most remote places there has been a rise of activists. There has even been word of extremist measures by so-called Pokémon Freedom Fighters, terrorists targeting the League in the name of Pokémon. They've caused a lot of trouble in Unova and other regions already, mostly targeting trainers.

[ And what about you? ]

Welcome to the region of Sinnoh.

You are an aspiring trainer, either native to Sinnoh or coming from another region, who's serious about Pokémon battling. Pokémon Professors are the only ones who can give away trainer cards, you shall be getting yours from Professor Cyprus in Sunnyshore City. From there on you shall travel the region, collecting the 8 badges in order to challenge the Pokémon League. You will have your own opinions and beliefs on Pokémon battling, and on the way these shall be challenged.

[ The Dice Mechanics ]

There are two ways the dice will be used. For one, Pokémon encounters. I will determine the Pokémon you are allowed to capture, giving you a choice between two (remember, unless the dice says otherwise, you may only catch one of them), determine by dice. This way, just like an actual Nuzlocke challenge, your team will be quite random.

Then, every time you enter a new area (from the first route onwards) I will roll a die for each of you that will give you something random to put into your story.

1. Kill off one Pokémon of your choice. (void if you have only one Pokémon)
2. Nothing Happens.
3. You may not catch anything in this area.
4. You must battle a trainer in this area.
5. One random Pokémon (by dice) is killed off. (Void if you have only one Pokémon)
6. One random Pokémon (by dice) may never evolve.
7. You must catch a Pokémon in this area.
8. You may catch the evolved form of your first random encounter.
9. You may catch as many Pokémon as you wish.
10. The Pokémon your capture in this area will have an Egg Move.
11. One random Pokémon (by dice) may immediately evolve in this area.
12. Kill off two Pokémon of your choice. (One if you have only two, void if you have only one.)

[ The Rules of the Land ]

- This roleplay is rated M for violence, for obvious reasons. Pokémon get wounded in this roleplay, and they die in this roleplay. Still, keep it tasteful and followed the PC rules, please.
- You must obey the Dice. Catching Pokémon, killing off Pokémon or battling trainers, you may do on your own accord too. Keep in mind that, unless stated otherwise, you may only catch one Pokémon at once, I cannot stress this enough.
- You are only allowed to have 6 Pokémon with you at all times. Your PokéNav has a function that lets you switch team members on the spot though. You may not switch during official battles.
- Interaction with other players can be done at any time, however it will be limited to joined posts.
- Pokémon will have levels according to the games, they will have 8 move slots though, for writing purposes. I shall be liberal with them in the beginning to facilitate growth, Pokémon have rather sucky movesets in the beginning, usually, but they shall level up more slowly throughout the rp.
- There shall be no reservations, instead I will give it 5 days after acceptance to hand in sign-ups and I will pick the 5 best ones to participate

[ Sign-Up Sheet ]

Name:
Personality:
Appearance:
History:
Starter: [You may choose your own started, any basic unevolved Pokémon will do. I will give you their statistics upon your acceptance]
Roleplay Example: [Show me how you roleplay, this can be a post for another roleplay or an intro to your character if you haven't been in a roleplay before. This is a fairly advanced roleplay so I'd like fairly advanced players.]

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Like I am going to resist bringing this one back!

Name: Luca Keress, formerly known as Diana Lilliane Foster

Personality:

Luca's a jerk, at least for the most part. He can back up his bark, and believe me he can bark a lot. He's a constant glarer, daring people to come closer. Haughty and rough mannered, with less letters in his words than a stop sign, Luca prefers the solitude and violence of a monstrous brute. He will maintain this image as long as he can. He will interrupt others for fun and snicker when people fail. If he has to speak, he's the smartmouth. Quick-tempered to the point of there being no fuse, there is little to no nice bones in his body. And they're probably in his repeatedly broken fingers. His voice is oddly soft, coldly cruel and enticing. You would think butter wouldn't melt in his mouth. Yes, Luca, you're evil and you love it.

Except... she doesn't.

This is just the role he has to play. He has to completely and utterly contradict who she is. Her life depends on it. Bury Diana. Bury the silly worthless little girl who wasn't meant to be. She cannot be kind and meek. Her purpose in life is to be Luca, no one else. That was what she was born for, what she was made for. Luca was a fool, a wild child with no hope and no purpose. She would make him have one. She would make him win.

But was this the right thing for him to do?

To battle is nothing to her. It's just another clashing of energy. Though Luca has a soft spot for the Pokemon he cares for, ultimately he wants results. And results mean struggling to him. Hard work is never the issue but others themselves are unnecessary. There is no need for friends, they would flee anyway. Even though Diana secretly wonders what having a normal friend would be like, it's best to squash this desire. In the world of competitive battling, no one is immune.

A master of disguise, even as Luca, she can easily become almost anyone else. It doesn't really bother her. After all when you're born not to be you, a new identity is easy to perform. Also a good judge of character for the most part she can read people like their wikipedia entries. He doesn't do it very often due to that bringing attention and... that's just difficult to deal with all right?

Appearance:

Dude, you're scary.

That is the first thing people think when they see Luca walking. Small but dangerous. Everything about him her is pointy. There are so few curves on this fella, preferring straight muscle, sharp body movements. He is catlike and light, good for gymnastics and kicking right where it hurts. Sometimes he even walks with a bit of a hunch, keep people guessing, curious, frightened by his permanent amber-yellow glare. But most of the time he is ramrod straight. You can change your attitude but not your habits I suppose. His hair is short and black, sticking up all over the place and running up and down his face and cheeks with hair gel. His hands have no real nails and there's an odd red scar running diagonally down his left cheek. Half the time at least one hand has a brass knuckle resting gently on it. Paranoid bugger knows little better I would guess.

Surprisingly this intimidating buddy-boy doesn't really dress like a punk. He dresses like a neat bro. Grey dress shirt with a tie thrown haphazardly over a shoulder, he intends to use it smack people in the face and run. His black over shirt is more like a gakuran, but looser and typically on his shoulder with invisible magic sticky tape. Luca even wears jeans and sneakers. He's trying to be normal, inconspicuous. He just looks dangerous. Fail man. Just fail.

Typically his expression is rather deadpan, distant and deep in thought. Don't try stealing from him while he's like that. His bag is special, at least according to him. No one knows what's in there... no one who can tell anyway.

History:

What is my purpose?

That is a question everyone asks once in their lives. At least they are meant to.

Diana never had the chance.

She was born to the Fosters, a family great and powerful that specialized in... replacements. Born to not be herself, she has been training and learning her entire life to be a dying boy. Or to be more specific, the new version of the dying boy.

The request came from a mafia family for the Sinnoh branch, which Diana was born to. Their little boy, their heir, was born ill. And you see, twisted logic aside... they NEED. AN. HEIR. Simply put, the Keress sought a child who could become their dying heir and rise over them all. In Diana they found the face but not the soul. That would change, rather quickly. Day after day, almost without rest, she was taught every aspect of the world until she learned to soak up information, almost like a sponge. Fighting became natural, cruelty merely a tactic to win. Since the age of five, this was her life.

Did no one stand up for her you ask? Did no one love you you ask?

People loved her. Her family loved her deeply. However, this is the tradition. Her brother Damian was raised to be a chef apprentice for a chef on the S.S. Anne. Her sister was a musician, a master at becoming someone else so quickly that she had taken on three identities in her life and was already so well known and strong her name was never spoken out of reverence and fear. There was no time for Diana to admire her... but shouldn't she? Wasn't that was siblings did for each other? Didn't they fight, praise, love each other? She did not know. And not knowing made her a curious young woman. And curiosity is dangerous.

When she was thirteen, her skills were put precariously to the test when the boy died and the Keress had to save face. It was very close but she managed to fool them all. Or rather, she managed to become Luca, rather easily in fact. However, this only served to tie her deeper to this family. Simply put, if she is discovered to not be the heir, he will be killed. If the mafia finds him as the heir, she will be killed. This hanging over her head, Diana continued her work.

Four years later, Luca is sent to Sunnyshore. Why? To set things straight. The little miscreant branches are becoming quite, quite unruly. That simply will not do. In any way possible, she is to tear everything apart in her way. There will be no distractions, no mercy. There will only be darkness and death. There will only be pain. But now Diana is starting to wonder. And curiosity is a dangerous thing.

Starter: Deino

Example Roleplay: For Monster Art Online (though I nearly put my old first post up... XD)

Player Interaction...

"Is that your other Pokemon?"

The girl who asked this was odd... rather detached as it were. Ange didn't mean in looks. No she didn't at all. They were in a game after all and looks didn't mean everything. Her hair was pink though, something she once would have missed. Also she was tall, rather tall. It made her have to crane her neck to see her eyes. Ah the eyes, that was it. The eyes had an odd sort of feel to them. She was real. Oh yes she was ground in something real and it was very, very strange.

She had a weird... squid-like creature. It was a tentacle monster. What were they called? The manual for the game was no use... but someone had to have said what it was. A Tenta...cool. Ah yes that was it. It was rather cute... but probably felt a lot like Sia.

"Oh yes," Ange replied without thinking to the question. "I would have caught one earlier but most of the Pokemon leave you alone at night you see. Or at least they did there." She held up a red and white ball from her bag. "There were a lot of these scattered around on the ground. Well, not a lot," Ange amended gently. "But a couple. It was strange, rather like someone dropped them." Sia gurgled at her, looking rather amused at his trainer's rambling. He was not telepathic, at least not that he was aware. And even if he was, it wasn't particularly interesting to project his thoughts. Ange had enough problems without voices in her head.

Ange then suddenly paused from her dazed musings. "Are you a player too? You're probably smarter than I am. Never touched a game before..." She stopped and fell silent, patiently looking off toward the grass. It was rustling a bit, rather persistently. "My that was startling. Noisy creatures." The words were fond, almost like she was remarking on that crazy, distant uncle instead of the normal creatures of the environment.

Kranic

What did you say about my hair
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014
Oooo GoL is back. Be sure to reserve me a spot. Not to sure if I want to use my old character or start a new onerous otherwise I'd just have my old her instead of this post.

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
Years
Interesting *u* I'm currently not in any Pokemon RP, so what the heck >.< Time to revive my good old friend, Akihiko Shigeru

Work in progress...

Spoiler:

Last edited:

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
Glad to have you back Fuyu, I always regretted now seeing Luca/Diana in real action last time, I'm quite excited to be given another chance!

As for the others, I look forward to seeing your sheets, as a gentle reminder, you all have until new years day to hand them in.

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
It's good to be back! And on Luca's home turf no less! :D

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
Years
I'd like to Join

--------------------------------Reserved post for SU-----------------------

Name: Zackariah Gyausai
Personality: He's cool calm a collected
Appearance:
History:
Starter: [You may choose your own started, any basic unevolved Pokémon will do. I will give you their statistics upon your acceptance]
Roleplay Example: [Show me how you roleplay, this can be a post for another roleplay or an intro to your character if you haven't been in a roleplay before. This is a fairly advanced roleplay so I'd like fairly advanced players.]

Aww darn it. I think this is gonna be ANOTHER RP that wont accept me, I want to meet the standards but the reality is I'd really need about a month to do this.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2013
GUH this is so terribly long I believe I'm going to put it behind a spoiler and only inflict it on the people who really want to read it XD I got a bit carried away with this character idea >3>;;

Spoiler:

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
Okay so I was rather dismayed because of how little people applied, and I wasn't sure if I wanted to run a roleplay for just two people, which is why I was silent for so long. For which I do apologize.

I've decided that, screw it, if both Inkfrog and Fuyu are still interested, a roleplay for two it shall be! So yes, please let me know how your interest fares and if both of you are in then let's get this party started!

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Well, I'm in! :D You know I can't pass up a chance to play Luca again. XD

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
Then let's get this party started, both of you are more than accepted.

Fuyu, don't forget to let me know what gender you'd like Deino to be!

633.gif

Deino - Lv. 15
Ability: Hustle
Type: Dark/Dragon
Moves: Dark Pulse, Tackle, Dragon Rage, Focus Energy, Bite, Headbutt

Just a small point to InkFrog, Pokémon didn't actually turn vicious, they're just a bit more animalistic in this universe, as is humanity's treatment of them. That aside, I think Leo is a brilliant character and I really like the fact that he had cancer, something that not many roleplayers touch on. I'll look forward to seeing him in action.

120.gif

Galaxy (Staryu) - Lv. 15
Ability: Natural Cure
Type: Water
Moves: Signal Beam, Tackle, Harden, Water Gun, Rapid Spin, Recover, Camouflage

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Ah, it's a girl. Etzli's a girl XD It's time for some chaos.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
Right, I wasn't sure if you were still going with Etzli. The first chapter is up now! The dice has been kind to you both.

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Not sure how kind, since Zweillous heads aren't known for getting along. XD Hmm... to start this a bit differently...

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
I'll look forward to how Luca/Diane deal with the Zweillous, though you don't have to evolve them if you want.

I've a question for you, would you prefer being able to choose one of the two Pokémon or be able to catch both of them? I realize that for a roleplay it might be more beneficial to be able to catch two Pokémon per route, especially in a roleplay where Pokémon shall perish.

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Hehehe, I'm thinking about it right now, now that I am free of midterms!

ANd... huh. You know, I don't know. I don't really mind either method, since I'm getting the concern that when Zweilous appears she might eat them. XD

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
Your midterms are over? Luckyyyy. My exams started today with some big ones still to come. Hnnng.

Fair enough. I'm still hoping to attract more people since it's seems like you're my only roleplayer now. That's a new one. You should feel special xD

Back