• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2014
ok i just started playing this game and caught a feebas and i was wondering how do u evolve it since there arent any berries.

Years
  • Age 49
  • Seen Sep 28, 2021
Thank you. I've downloaded it. :)

Anyway, I'm not sure if you're still interested in a few bug fixing or not. But i'll report one bug I've found. There're 2 positions besides the exit of the lab (1 spot at the left and the other at the right) at the start of the game where you choose 1 of the 3 starter pokemons that will make you stuck and cannot do anything else if you walk to those positions.

Pokenoob666

Frustrated Feraligator
Years
i have some questions.
1. Are shelmet and larvesta any good? i need to chose between them, or find out if either are good.
2. Where are the starter locations? (a link works) i've been looking for cyndaquil for awhile, so if they only appear at certain times that would also be helpful.
3. Do starters appear more than once? If not, i missed out on bulbasaur.

Mp3beast

Master of Sound
Years
It looks pretty good except a few grammatical errors (which I can overlook). Except I went up route 1, lost to the teacher (yes, I'm used to the easier games) and ended up going into the lab,except the game froze at that point. :/

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
i have some questions.
1. Are shelmet and larvesta any good? i need to chose between them, or find out if either are good.
2. Where are the starter locations? (a link works) i've been looking for cyndaquil for awhile, so if they only appear at certain times that would also be helpful.
1 -> Larvesta is awesome once it evolves into Volcarona even though it cannot abuse its Sp.Att to use Bug type moves. You should be careful as it may not listen to you on higher levels... It's probably not fixed.
2 -> They have 1% chance of appearing in almost every location. No certain time. This is 3rd generation ROM... it does not care about time...
3 -> Nope. Like the other wild Pokemon, they appear more than once.

Except I went up route 1, lost to the teacher (yes, I'm used to the easier games)
That was pretty much for the all of us who did not expect 10 level weather Roselia at the beginning... o.O

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2013
Just a small question.. Porygon is in the list of evolution Pokemons.. But.. Where you can catch one? Can't see the location..

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 29, 2013
Where can I find the most recent version of the rom, the one I downloaded a couple of days ago still has the thunder mountain text glitch which I read you resolved last year. Thanks :)
Great game, have really enjoyed playing it!

Last edited:
Years
i have some questions.
Go with Larvesta as Ash suggests. Larvesta is damn cool along the game play.
Go download the Location guide on the first page of the thread. They have a low encounter rate around 1-5 % i certain locations.

Just a small question.. Porygon is in the list of evolution Pokemons.. But.. Where you can catch one? Can't see the location..
Porygon is bought from the game corner that is why you are not seeing it's location on the guide

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2013
So it turns out that I'm dumb and can't figure out how to put dark rising on a mac, if I even can. If someone could help I would give you three caterpies and a dunsparce

Pokenoob666

Frustrated Feraligator
Years
Go with Larvesta as Ash suggests. Larvesta is damn cool along the game play.
Go download the Location guide on the first page of the thread. They have a low encounter rate around 1-5 % i certain locations.

but what did he mean when he said it won't obey me? and will it be any good before it evolves?

Last edited:
Years
but what did he mean when he said it won't obey me? and will it be any good before it evolves?[/QUOTE]
I thought that thing is fixed but yeah in old beta Larvesta has a problem to dis obey you mostly because it is a traded Poke.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I thought that thing is fixed but yeah in old beta Larvesta has a problem to dis obey you mostly because it is a traded Poke.
It's not fixed iirc.

So it turns out that I'm dumb and can't figure out how to put dark rising on a mac, if I even can. If someone could help I would give you three caterpies and a dunsparce
Wine LIPS or find some patching program for Mac...

Oh... why so many people support Apple...

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 1, 2013
How does Vulpix and Growlithe Evolve?

I tried Fire Stone on both, and the Evolution List doesn't say anything about it.

Help?

~KawaiiBunnie

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2015
Well after some time and several hacks i tried i have to say this one is really hard since most of the trainers have really overleveled and overpowered pokemons comparing to yours. And the grinding part in most area is quite slow.

But overall is great hack. Great Job

p.s. does anyone know if frozen cave has a 2nd exit?

Years
Well after some time and several hacks i tried i have to say this one is really hard since most of the trainers have really overleveled and overpowered pokemons comparing to yours. And the grinding part in most area is quite slow.

But overall is great hack. Great Job

p.s. does anyone know if frozen cave has a 2nd exit?
You mean Frozen Dungeon Right??? Bro it only as two exits. One is from where you came in and the other is where you do the Kyurem event.. Still confused then download my walk through from the first page...

Back