• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you like to start your own business someday?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2019
Or maybe you've already started the one? How hard and profitable was that for you?

Years
I actually do have plans to do this! For a long time now my friend and I have been intending to start our own dance coaching business. We have a solid angle and business plan and would be operating in a way the competition wouldn't so in theory it would be moderately profitable. In the best case scenario we'd be making $300 or so each per day. Things keep forcing us to push our plans back though which is unfortunate.

Years
I've thought about it a bit but I strongly value personal freedom in my life so being a freelance network penetrator would be much more fulfilling for me than starting my own business and dedicating massive amounts of time and funds to it.

Sirfetch’d

I want to start a business selling Castform plushies

Bay

Years
Funny enough, I have a Business Administration degree but I have no idea what kind of business I want to do. I have family members that used to run their own businesses (mostly restaurants and auto car related stuff) but didn't last long.

pkmin3033

Much as I would like to, I don't think I could handle the stress. Keeping my own hours would be nice, but trying to attract business and dealing with taxes does not sound nice. The pressure of being solely responsible for a business would probably break me in no short order...it's not as easy or glamorous as people like to think it is.

I suppose I've always had dreams of being Patreon funded or something, but I don't have any marketable talents...and I suppose that's what it all comes down too. I'm not confident enough.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
I would love to start my own company and publish a couple of my board game designs one day. I hope I can actually pull that off, the whole business ordeal looks pretty complicated to me. Either way, it's probably not something I'd make much money with. It just seems cool to try.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I have several ideas, but at least a decade away from executing any.

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
I don't know. I can see the advantages, but I need directions in my life. I can't see myself being in charge of everything.

TiredTomboy

Punk Girl Devin
Years
Nah. I prefer job security to potential profit increases.

That and if I needed to hire anyone else, I don't think I'd be a good boss. I'd have a hard time firing someone that's a good person but doesn't work fast enough or something like that. :(

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years
Definitly not. I highly doubt that I would be able to handle the stress. I'd rather work under someone who is better at that sort of thing and earn my income that way.

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2022
I would love to make the leap myself, It's an ambition of mine but there can be a period where you need to work a day job and work on weekends or so. It's a tough one!

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
i think if i ever came up with a great idea, then yes. right now, no. i don't have the ambition or money to do so.

Back