• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Orange Generation

Should I release a beta?

• Yes

Votes: 867 94.8%
  • No

Votes: 48 5.2%

• Total voters

Har D Har

Master Mapper Supreme!
Years
Awesome beta man! I expect good things from this hack. *Might Guy Thumbs Up/Smile Ping*

P.S. Pokemaniaco, you think a dementor is bad? You think Voldemorts bad? You haven't felt the wrath of Ben Schoen!

needhexcodehacs

about to beat shiny gold
Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2008
yay u finally released the beta

hey i played blueorange it looks like you are using that

dirk123

Organization XIII
Years
I barely beated Koga (damn Toxic) ^_^

I noticed 1 glitched building on Tangelo Island.

Last edited:

dirk123

Organization XIII
Years
Time for some "Golden Celebi Reviews"!
I will rate your hacked ROM on every single category, to add up and see what you get out of five!

~Tiles: Not bad! (This doesn't count as a point for your total)
~Art: Default art! 4/5, it's fine!
~Difficulty: 3/5 (This does't count as a point for your total)
~Glitches/bugs: 5/5, its perfect! It's probably like that 'cause you never tried editing the sprites!
~Workmanship: 5/5, you have a perfect hack!

~Overall: 4.9/5! This hack is one of the greatest I've ever reviewed!

5/5 for no glitches bugs????
Have you even played the hack?

There is a glitch building on Tangelo, and the old man on Tangelo teaches you to capture a pokemon every time you walk by him >_>

Got a small question:
Will Fire, Ice, Lightning and Slowking(?) Island be in the game, since they are islands in the Orange Islands which have the legendary birds.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 12, 2019
5/5 for no glitches bugs????
Have you even played the hack?

There is a glitch building on Tangelo, and the old man on Tangelo teaches you to capture a pokemon every time you walk by him >_>

Got a small question:
Will Fire, Ice, Lightning and Slowking(?) Island be in the game, since they are islands in the Orange Islands which have the legendary birds.

I never even notice that glitch. i better play the whole rom again and see.

about the shamouti island, i'm not sure myself. :laugh:

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
Years
Great hack so far Pokeant
I found some glitches, and if I have time, I'll post them tomorrow (with accomadating screenies)
I can confirm the old man constantly teaching you, and there is also a random cut tree in the water.
now, suggestions:
1: Change up the hero's house a little. the more you change the mapping, the more it feels like a new game, and the more enjoyable it is.
2: Make more trainers available to fight. Just fighting wild lapras, spearow, dratini, pidgey etc to train is tedious and annoying. Add in a few trainer battles to spice things up and make it a little easier to level up.
3: redo the path to the mart in the beginning town. the guy outside the professor's lab can block it, and just stand in the way all day if he feels like it, makeing it hard to shop.
that's all for now
Ben
PS, the koga idea was pretty genius :)

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Hello!
I would like to tell you to add some sane to this, please. (for next Beta)
I am saying this because, well, here are the reasons:

~You learn Surf at the first few seconds of the game? I think there should be a ship, just like the S.S. Anne, but you can rename it or something.

~You battle the 6th Gym Leader/2nd Elite Four at the first few seconds of the game? I think there should be Green/Gary saying something like "if you beat me, I'll give you this HM Surf, I have no use for it anyway." or something like that.

~You can catch a Lapras and all these Pokemon that would be high levelers in the actual Pokemon versions? To teach HM Surf you should be able to catch someone else, like: Azumarill, Tentacool, Poliwhirl, Seel, Seadra, Goldeen, Staryu, Krabby, Omanyte, Vaporeon (evo from Eevee)

Anyway, the sane thing is tiny, but besides that, the game is good. 4/5.
I would like to congratulate you for being one of the only ones that EVER created a Pokemon FR/LG ROM and turning it into the actual Orange Islands.
CONGRATULATIONS!

Last edited:

Akio123

Sadness forever...
Years
Here is the thing though, its hard to change the way the HM scripts work without getting certain badges. Also, unless you start out with Squirtle, you can't get around then. I would agree with the baoting script, but that is also kind of hard. :/

Granted its all feable so I suppose I agree.

Last edited:

dirk123

Organization XIII
Years
Maybe you should make the Forest so that you have to go trough it to reach the next Island. Only reason to go in is to capture a Scyter or Pinser.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Yes I know...
but it's just the sane of all of this.
Oh and you wouldn't need to have Squirtle if you put all the Pokemon I listed in the wild! (you don't need to script that!)

Back