• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wi-Fi Tripple battle team

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
Wi-Fi Tripple battle team (now with FU trick room)

I am playing over wifi-tripple battles a lot ( mainly because allows 6 pokemon ), and with great victories however i have been wondering if there was a way to improve my team

In tripple battles set up is impossible i tried , so i need power straight away
I Strugle with Trick room teams wen i cant prevent it , most of times i can and they disconnect
This is an All Gen's team

460.png

Abomasnow:Timid (4 Hp/252 Spa/ 252/Spe) --> Anti Weather Mostly , Blizzard spam
Ability:Snow Warning Item: NeverMeltIce
-Shadow Ball
-Giga Drain
-Blizzard
-Hail

212.png

Scizor:Adamant (4 Spd/252 Atk/252 Spe) --> Revenge kill and dealing with Terrakion and Tyranitar and Psyquic pokemons and the occasional screens user
Ability:Technician Item: Life Orb
-Bullet Punch
-Brick Break
-Night Slash
-X-Scissor

157.png

Typhlosion:Timid (4 Hp/252 Spa/ 252/Spe) --> Eruption spam and screw rain teams wen Abomasnow cant
Ability:Blaze Item: Choice Specs
-Eruption
-Extrasensory
-Sunny Day
-Focus Blast

380.png

Latias:Timid (12 Hp/248 Spa/ 248/Spe) --> Dragon killer and Tailwind Support and dealing with Water and Fight pokemons
Ability:Levitate Item: Leftovers
Dragon Pulse
Energy Ball
Tailwind
Psyshock

142.png

Aerodactyl:Adamant (80 Hp/252 Atk/ 172/Spe) -Rock Slide spam and occasional Tailwind Support
Ability: Pressure Item: Choice Band
-Crunch
-Rock Slide
-Tailwind
-Aerial Ace

635.png

Hydreigon:Modest (2 Hp/252 Spa/ 252/Spe) --> All out Special Attacker
Ability:Levitate Item:Expert Belt
Dragon Pulse
Dark Pulse
Flamethrower
Focus Blast

Last edited by a moderator:

squirrelfeet

I'm definitely not sure about Abomasnow on this team. I understand your desire for Ice-types, but Abomasnow really has little synergy with the others at all. Hail serves none of them, also. Froslass could replace it and experience far better results. I will get onto anti-weather ideas...

Scizor is fine other than moveset. I am not experienced in Triple-Battles, but Swords dance could probably be used quite well, with the right predictions. Also, technician is pointless if only one move benefits. I would either change your moves to ones that better benefit from this ability, or change your ability to something more useful to Scizor on this team (preferably the first option, as Swarm isn't great with SD). U-Turn could help, and life orb + moves + SD would fare well.

Typhlosion is RU. It has no real place in this team, and Ninetales would give anti-weather, especially against rain. Alternatively, you could use T-Tar or Hippowdon and give Aerodactyl Earthquake.

I see your logic with Latias, but specs are sometimes preferable for this pokemon over Tailwind, especially when you have pokemon with high base-speeds and 252 speed EVs anyway.

You have 3 Pokemon with Ice-Type weaknesses, and I cannot help but dislike Aerodactly generically. Tailwind comment from Latias is repeated, especially if you have 2 Pokemon with the same benign move. Also, Aerial ace may be accurate, but it is fairly weak, even wtih STAB. I probably wouldn't choose Aerodactyl, but it is really up to you if you keep or replace it, and if so, what with.

Expert Belt on a special, Modest Hydreigon? I am almost hoping that was a typo. Hydreigon remains slow-ish and easy enough to counter with priority moves and the right Pokes. Focus blast also isn't hugely reliable, though I think you knew that and chose it upon your own discretion. Nonetheless, I seriously doubt it will get many sweeps. Perhaps a different dragon may better-service your team, in this case Scarf-Moxiemence may help with its boosted speed.

Overall, the team could do with something of a makeover. I understand your principle, but ultimately some decisions were unwise. Overall faults exist, even in my advice (for I am trying not to completely redo your team, rather make edits to what you have), especially priority moves, ice-types etc. Abomasnow would just be suicide on this team.
If you want any more advice (especially if you felt mine to be somewhat unhelpful), I would be more than happy to do so, and perhaps revise what I said in this comment if necessary...

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
Going to try using pursuit and u-turn on Scizor

Earthquake on Aerodactyl is a problem because it hits your team mates too

For ice type Froslass is a little weak , what about Weavile?

Going to replace Typhosion with Ninetales

Expert Belt was on the smogon page and since i am screwed because of the item clause :/tough it gives a good boost 20%, only on super effective moves . Wise glasses perhaps?, tried Salamence in the past and got killed very easily by any ice type attack and i found those a lot . Hydreigon only comes with tailwind on most of the times

Tailwind is a support move because i often found Tornadus and Whimsicott using that move ( and they have prankster ) , Latias uses it mostly, in Aerodactyl case i use only if cant use Latias ( basically use tailwind and switch for other pokemon )

Last edited:

squirrelfeet

I guess I forgot this was triple battling with EQ. I still oppose hydreigon. Maybe Dragonite could be useful in Triple battles with mutiscale + Dragon Dance?

Also, Froslass is frail but quick. You can max SpA and Spd to kill pokes and then Destiny Bond-finish to take down 1-3 pokemon for sure, if you play it right.

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
Weaville is so far surprising me even fixing the problem with trick room teams , because it has fake out
Hydreigon has been good so far specially if tailwind is on

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
Made a few changes
Ninetales its a bit weak on the attacking side
Tried Salamence but its way to way to weak to ice so decided to bring new blood to the team Starmie and Terrakion

31784696.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
Finaly after 7 battles with trick room users and won then i finaly can stop it

Notes:
Whimsicott is for supporting the team :
-Taunt : agains trick room teams and boosting sweepers
-Light Screen: this one is obvious
-Tailwind: Helps speed the team up
-Helping hand: helps the team sweep

Weaville:
Fake Out: again trick room and other fake out users
Ice Shard : priority and hits big against pokemons that are weak to ice (thsill thinking of having ice punch back)
Rest needs no explanation

Chandelure
Trick room: counter other teams trick room
Heat wave: hits very hard
Energy Ball: coverage
Shadow Ball: stab kills trick room users

Ninetales ( on the item it boosts its special attack without being locked to a single move )
Sunny day is to keep sunny up without switching
Dark pulse: coverage
Rest needs no explanation

Team:

59213693.png

Last edited:

.MiKeY

Tank Operator
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 27, 2016
Ok I'm no expert on Triple battles by any means. But boosting attacks on any thing but singles is a bad idea, since battles are of a faster pace, that and the odds of being multi-targeted are increased. I'm not sure how the mechanics of triple vs double battling vary but most of your Pokemon should be packing Protect/Detect as well to stall or to predict an obvious attack. Also it would be nice to have a list of EV's and Natures so we can see what kind of Pokemon you are running so we can reccomend changes

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
EV's is on the picture i posted
In triple battles lots of coverage is need because you have 3 pokemon to target , Whimsicot became a taunt bait and Ninetales does not hit hard enough .
So the only way to screw other team weather was using a cloud nine pokemon since Golduck can actually pack some punch i choose him (higher special attack compared to Altaria and Lickilicky)

here is an updated version

28238221.png

Back