• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen what did you like and dislike about black2 and white2 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2014
I have heard from alot of people that the new pokemon were very different-looking, and everyone I've spoken to has different opinions. I think some of the Pokemon designs are better then 4th generation, and I like the legendaries alot, especially Victini. In both the 4th and 5th generations, I had at least one "wait... REALLY?" reaction when looking at the pokemon, like cherubi and vanillite. The average pokemon, like solosis... to be honest, I could do without most of them. There is a common property of "legendaries and pseudo legendaries are the only things that look cool", or at least for me, but that was much more evident in 4th Generation anyways. The design team was quoted as saying they wantd a more "round" look to the pokemon this time, and how they put effort into making Reshiram and Zekrom big, powerful-looking and with curved as opposed to straight lines. I think I dislike how nearly every legendary has alternate forms now... Now its nothing special. Remember how cool Deoxys was? Well, Deoxys is too awesome to be ruined, but they've come pretty close to tarnishing him and all of the shifting legendaries irreversibly, making them boring. In my opinion, 1st-3rd generations (particularly 3rd) are my favorite, and thats when the Pokemon designs were the best before they took a nose-dive. But 5th sorta made up for 4th, I guess- its almost halfway paralell to the originals. I also like how there is so much storyline, which is awesome compared to the Black/White original. The Dream World has always been a interesting concept, and I would like it if it wasn't so complicated. The Dream Radar, ironically, was the best part for me, even though its just a random spinoff that connects to your game. I dislike how strategic moves like sing , charm and encore are less powerful, empowering the dominion of the "strategy" that is blunt force. I also like how it increases or decreases the levels of your pokemon to 50 in infrared battles, i guess, but I can see how that function would be annoying to hardworking "everything I have is level 99" trainers.

Last edited:

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
The mazes. The freaking mazes.

Namely in parts of Victory Road and trying to navigate around the entire interior of the Giant Chasm after Team Plasma's departure, with all the busted up trees.

It reminded me of Red and Blue's final cave with Mewtwo, and how much I hated that too.

mysticflower

Parasol Lady Madeleine
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 15, 2013
I love all the new additions, and the amount of really great pokemon you get early on (lucario, magby, elekid, growlithe, zorua etc), and the game seems tougher than its predecessors.

I don't like how much level grinding I'm having to do >_<

The Poke' Kid

The Average Trainer
Years
Sadly I myself have not played black2 or white 2 but I dont like lots of puzzels in any game.But do like they made it easy to grind off of wild pokemon

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
I was really hoping that the Battle Frontier would be back in B2/W2.

The PWT is fun, but it's not as fun as the Frontier was. :/

Syltti

Lilligant's Loving Trainer
Years
I love so much about these games, but one thing I hate so much... The wild Pokemon encounter theme got a remix. The trainer theme did not.

I died a little inside when I realized this.

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2015
I can't seem to think of a negative. This is much improved from Black and White. Well actually, I wish Contest would be brought back.

sunshinesan

Pokesho fan
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2014
The fact that the game seemed to be trolling you. I can't remember much of the details now as I'm 200+hrs in, and most of it dealt with the story which was 25% of that amount of time. Like the game was in on itself and didn't take itself seriously. One thing I can remember is, the constant item hand outs for no reason, here, take this! Was an aspect that reached new heights in this iteration.

What I liked? Everything else. The BW2 games might be my favorite Pokemon games ever, and this is saying A LOT. Considering I've been playing Pokemon since 1998. They would beat Ruby as my all time favorite if I further considered this possibility.

#isthenumbersign
Years
Loved all the new additions like Pokestar Studios and PWT. Storyline was pretty good too I guess. Plasma's piratey-goonish outfits were pretty awesome too.

The absolute thing I hated though, and it was the same in BW, was they don't show you how many Pokemon your opponent has left. I was like, oh they're going to fix it for BW2, but nope, still the same. :(

sunshinesan

Pokesho fan
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2014
The absolute thing I hated though, and it was the same in BW, was they don't show you how many Pokemon your opponent has left. I was like, oh they're going to fix it for BW2, but nope, still the same. :(

Holy crap, I couldn't pinpoint this annoyance, but yeah, that was a bummer. I haven't played the prior gens in a while and almost questioned if this feature was ever a thing, apparently it was.

Syltti

Lilligant's Loving Trainer
Years
They don... wha? What about the pokeballs shown on the bottom screen during battle? Those are your opponents Pokemon, right?

#isthenumbersign
Years
They show it in the very beginning, but not before they send out another Pokemon, like they did in the old games.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Guys, this thread is a bit ridiculous. This is way too general. Every other thread here is a "like or dislike". This one here is just...highly unneeded. So I'll be closing this thread due to it being way too general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back