• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
so I'm playing AshGrey 3.6.1 Beta, and i'm really enjoying the game so far, only encountered a few bugs but it wasn't too serious at first. But now I'm at a point where I can't seam to continue on without hacking and I wanted to report the bugs i found.

NOTE: these first two might not count since i did not know what bad eggs were before
YELLOW - triggered misty event twice - i took her bike haha...
YELLOW - pikachu did not obey after beating team rocket...

RESTARTED GAME - because of bad egg mess up

YELLOW - trigger ho-oh event before spearow event (and possibly misty event too) because i swam away from misty xD

[doesn't remember any bugs for a while...]

YELLOW - catching my own mankey and evolving it to primeape - it still wont obey without the event to make primeape obey? (not sure if this is a bug? but i let my mankey evolve during that battle so it instantly triggered the event xD - then proceeded to give the guy the primeape caught from the event xD - i liked how that turned out)

GREEN - I am able to trigger the ancient pokemon event multiple times... (i now have 3 aerodactyl and 2 togepi... (misty took one later)

YELLOW - I just got the raft, and this is where things get really buggy... when i got it I backtracked to route 18 and tried to surf up behind where snorlax was (whom I caught? not sure if that's supposed to work since flute guy supposedly owns snorlax) and i was unable to surf on the water (it let me hop on the raft but i did not move over water) BUT i was able to surf on the land ????

RED - i backtracked some more to right after the digglet tunnel and surfed down a path and (not knowingly) began the movie 1 event. i broke my raft and ended up on new island where nurse joy sent me back because I didn't have a ticket. but then i was unable to return up to the route because my raft broke!? I tried it again and it let me (even though without a raft) trigger the raft break again, and i was on new island, without nurse joy to stop me... i finished the movie1 event (somehow with level 40 pokemon) and returned back thinking i could go back to the route... nope... still no raft... from here I hacked the walk through walls and returned to the guy who gave me the raft - maybe he give it again? nope... this is basically why I'm here... my game is kinda messed up without the raft...
I believe if you have a clean ROM you will not encounter any bad eggs as well as any bugs in the hack because I played it and never found even a slightest bug in the hack. Except missed the Misty mermaid event which did not triggered

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2013
RED - i backtracked some more to right after the digglet tunnel and surfed down a path and (not knowingly) began the movie 1 event. i broke my raft and ended up on new island where nurse joy sent me back because I didn't have a ticket. but then i was unable to return up to the route because my raft broke!? I tried it again and it let me (even though without a raft) trigger the raft break again, and i was on new island, without nurse joy to stop me... i finished the movie1 event (somehow with level 40 pokemon) and returned back thinking i could go back to the route... nope... still no raft... from here I hacked the walk through walls and returned to the guy who gave me the raft - maybe he give it again? nope... this is basically why I'm here... my game is kinda messed up without the raft...

You can use a program called YAPE to edit the ROM and make a certain pokemon you can catch in the are you are right know to have a raft as a holding item. It's very simple you don't even need a tutorial.

Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2012
After 70 hours of gameplay I touched a bad egg and now Gary won't appear at Indigo and I can't get into a field because "I don't have a match scheduled" even though the front desk said I did.

Any ideas on a work around? Or does anyone have a save file around this point in the game so I don't have to restart completely? I'm on 3.6.1 btw

Years
After 70 hours of gameplay I touched a bad egg and now Gary won't appear at Indigo and I can't get into a field because "I don't have a match scheduled" even though the front desk said I did.

Any ideas on a work around? Or does anyone have a save file around this point in the game so I don't have to restart completely? I'm on 3.6.1 btw
Go outside the league towards the stage where Moltres Fire is burning. Do the event triggered there

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2012
any body please tell me that the new beta is ever going to end or not? i have been regularly seeing the first page to see any improvments but no.every time when i open it always 4 only 4 episodes are remaining and its from july 2012!please if anybody know the real date when next beta will be released or at least tell that if metapod has stopped working. also any one knows a good hack with great graphics? i have played flora sky but enen if there is any hack that has super great tiles graphichs and good story pleaseeeeeeeeeeee tell me

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 9, 2020
if you are interested in the Orange Island episodes i think that you could like Pokemon Naranja also a great hack is Pokemon Shyny Gold, but in this case the adventure is set in Johto region

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2012
I'm sorry... I haven't been here for about half a year because I forgot about this hack and simply stopped playing Pokémon at that time so I'm still stuck where the woman at the Indigo Plateau tells me I've lost it... I managed it to keep my saves but what do I do next???

Sorry in advance... Taddel

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I'm sorry... I haven't been here for about half a year because I forgot about this hack and simply stopped playing Pokémon at that time so I'm still stuck where the woman at the Indigo Plateau tells me I've lost it... I managed it to keep my saves but what do I do next???

Just go to Pallet Town.You've lost so you can't compete in the League anymore but you can continue with the story.

Years
Do you already know about the bug where ash's text appears red, like it does for the girl people?
Yeah its a known think where Ash disguise himself as the girl to challenge Erika. Its normal so don't worry :D

If you have gone for a long time , you must be playing an older beta of Ash grey. In this case you might have missed some events.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2013
OK, so after I won all 8 (well 10) gyms, I went back to pallet town. But instead of going to my mom, I went to Oak, and he wasn't downstairs with rival, but he was upstairs next to the empty pokeballs, and asked me if I wanted to store Pokemon with him, so when I went to the mom, she didn't tell me to talk to Oak, she just healed me. The warp was there already, but when I go to the entrance to Indigo in Viridian, Jenny's still there. Basically leaving me stuck there. Anyway around this or anything I'm missing in it??? Also, when I went to Seafoam, I was able to do the pikahuna, but not the slowpoke episode.

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2012
hello guys!i want your help pleaseee.any body knows how to fix the error while running xdelta gui which stats that
".net framework initialization error
unable to find a run time to run this application "
and thats it
i a currently trying to patch inazuma eleven 3 ogre but when i run xdelta gui(givin with the patch) this error is continously occuring.if any body knows a goood solution pleaseeeeeeee tell me.

Years
OK, so after I won all 8 (well 10) gyms, I went back to pallet town. But instead of going to my mom, I went to Oak, and he wasn't downstairs with rival, but he was upstairs next to the empty pokeballs, and asked me if I wanted to store Pokemon with him, so when I went to the mom, she didn't tell me to talk to Oak, she just healed me. The warp was there already, but when I go to the entrance to Indigo in Viridian, Jenny's still there. Basically leaving me stuck there. Anyway around this or anything I'm missing in it??? Also, when I went to Seafoam, I was able to do the pikahuna, but not the slowpoke episode.
Basically you have not done many episodes that is why you can't go to the league. Check out the first page to compare the episode events you have done

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2016
im not sure whats happening but i got to celadon city talked to yeam rocket dressed up as a girl beat erika went to the mansion got the kids back to normal went with brock to the salon defeated team rocket, is there a way to get the poke flute for the snorlax or as soin as your in celadon city and done everything is that it for the hack?

ROBO-BOY

The Monkey Man
Years
/\/\/\

I cannot help you with that question... :(

Does anyone know metapod's Facebook or something he csn't ignore? I just wanna know IF he's gonna finish it, and WHY it's taking so long!

Years
im not sure whats happening but i got to celadon city talked to yeam rocket dressed up as a girl beat erika went to the mansion got the kids back to normal went with brock to the salon defeated team rocket, is there a way to get the poke flute for the snorlax or as soin as your in celadon city and done everything is that it for the hack?
That Snorlax event is quite far from where you are. That is also not the end of beta. Don't you know the latest beta completes all the Indigo region episodes including Indigo League?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
That Snorlax event is quite far from where you are. That is also not the end of beta. Don't you know the latest beta completes all the Indigo region episodes including Indigo League?
All episodes of Indigo League saga are made into the beta.

The link doesn't work no more if u could, cold u send me the IPS file to my email : [email protected] thank u
Read the previous posts please...

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2013
tt doesn't work it says the uploaded file has been deleted by uploader or the the file you requested is not uploaded

Back