• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Valora Region fakemons

LHT

I do pokemon sprites sometimes
Years
Fakemons and Stuff

Pokedex Valora Region

Spoiler:

Other Fakemons (made for commissions, requests, etc.)

Spoiler:

Credits

Nanda - For creating the designs of Rollbug, Thunderoll, Robin, Eagletor, Mochi, Mamechi, Pandling, Bearfrost and Torayuki.
Pokecommunity, DeviantArt, etc.
YOU.

Last edited:

Mr. Whiscash

Unegged Hatch
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2016
I don't know what to say other than 'those look good' but, that sums it up pretty well.

Years
  • Age 12
  • Seen May 11, 2015
I think you should touch up on the shadings on the legs. There isn't any and it makes it look flat in comparison to the rest of the sprite.

LHT

Years
I don't know what to say other than 'those look good' but, that sums it up pretty well
Thanks. :)

I think you should touch up on the shadings on the legs. There isn't any and it makes it look flat in comparison to the rest of the sprite.

My old sprites used to have shadings on the legs (a bit too much sometimes), but I'm starting to use the B&W style, so it's hard to understand how properly is to shade the legs with this new style.
I will be working on it.

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
These sprites look really nice :p
On the second ones I think the shadings is alot better then on the basis ones.
Also I just can't get the feeling away that I saw similar concepts before sprites, but I'm not really sure D:

Also I think to start your own thread you need at least 4 custom sprites, but I guess Logimight let it slip away :p

kinataki

david tennant so much!
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2014
second evos tail looks umm, a bit weird, i guess.

Last edited:

LHT

Years
These sprites look really nice :p
On the second ones I think the shadings is alot better then on the basis ones.
Also I just can't get the feeling away that I saw similar concepts before sprites, but I'm not really sure D:

Also I think to start your own thread you need at least 4 custom sprites, but I guess Logimight let it slip away :p

I also think that too. ;P
On the matter of concepts, these concepts I created myself, I didn't used any 'grass sheep' concept created by anyone to do them. :)

Luck me. xD

second evos tail looks umm, a bit weird, i guess.

I'm thinking of revamping Fleaffy and Wooleaf tails to more look like the Leaffeep tail. :)

--------

Tails of Fleaffy and Wooleaf modified. :)
fleaffy4_zps9cda8960.png

Last edited:

kinataki

david tennant so much!
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2014
these guys look so nice!

now i can see no problem about them. the only only only problem that bugs me a little little little is their colours. they should go like this in normal evos.

colour(blue for example)
light blue(first evo)-neutral blue(second evo)-darker blue.

but your guys go like this
neutral green-light green-dark green.

this way they look way better
lblXLDD.png

LHT

Years
these guys look so nice!

now i can see no problem about them. the only only only problem that bugs me a little little little is their colours. they should go like this in normal evos.

colour(blue for example)
light blue(first evo)-neutral blue(second evo)-darker blue.

but your guys go like this
neutral green-light green-dark green.

this way they look way better
lblXLDD.png

I liked your suggestion, although I really think Fleaffy look like a cotton ball this way.
I'll make more modifications, and hopefully, the last ones to make them perfect. :)

----------
I've created the Fire Starter and the Water Starter, give your opinions and suggestions.

fleaffy_zps1a7bb16d.png

heyo

HEYO!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
I really love your concepts, and your designs and shapes are really neat and smooth. The only problem I can see is that there isn't a lot of shadows. I can see shading in some places, however, some areas are solid colors. Other than that, I really like your sprites.

kinataki

david tennant so much!
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2014
i will agree with heyo on this. your concepts are the coolest, butt you just use colours, you don't really do shading. look at your grass pokemon and say that it isn't looks better than snivy, you cant. because it is. why? because of the shading.

LHT

Years
I really love your concepts, and your designs and shapes are really neat and smooth. The only problem I can see is that there isn't a lot of shadows. I can see shading in some places, however, some areas are solid colors. Other than that, I really like your sprites.

Thank you very much.
I'm training the BW style of spriting, and it is really difficult to shade in this style (there are less focus on the shading and most focus on the outlines of the Pokemon), but there are certain areas that need shading, and I can't figure them out.

i will agree with heyo on this. your concepts are the coolest, butt you just use colours, you don't really do shading. look at your grass pokemon and say that it isn't looks better than snivy, you cant. because it is. why? because of the shading.

I'll try my best to improve them on the shading, starting today.
Tomorrow I'll post the modifications, I hope.

------

Well, I improved the starters.
Since I'm not focused on the evolutions yet, I still have to improve the evolutions of Fleaffy, but I'll leave this to do after the evolutions of the Fire Rabbit and Water Buffalo. (the first evolution of Fleaffy seems okay to me, the second evolution..not so much)

fleaffy_zps04bcb968.png

Last edited:

DCson17

a modest hacker
Years
i'm going to cry if these are never featured in a hack and then given to me as a download link eventually ; -;

LHT

Years
i'm going to cry if these are never featured in a hack and then given to me as a download link eventually ; -;

I don't have plans to using them in a game for now, sorry. ;-;

Well, I created all the evolutions for the Fire Starter.

rabbitevo_zps2df2cbf4.png

I must say that I still don't like the water starter, I'm trying to do 'chinese horoscope starters' that Nintendo don't have made yet, but still...a water buffalo is hard.
I'm planning to do legendaries based on the chinese astrology, like a Steel Tiger, a Grass Dragon, a Water Tortoise (or Snake), a Fire Bird and an Earth Dragon, and so on. xD

Last edited:

LHT

Years
I've added Scooterbug, Chiefbettle, Mochi, Mamechi, Rollbug, Thunderoll and Torayuki.
I know some of these sprites have some errors here and there, but I will fix them soon. ;)

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I understand that you use BW style, but as far as I can see, some detail places need an extra shade or dithering. A slight bit would be good, but still.

Take a look at the Grass starters. All of their bushes need an extra shade and texture markings. Else they make it look sleavy and untight. Nice work with the zonal shading on the Fire starters, but the second evo will need touch ups, since my eyes can see right through the zones.

The evolution of the rodent, Mamechi's ears are far too displaced. They'll need a bit of pillowing.

Those are the only flaws. What I like about your work is the perfection of outlines. The concepts too are realistic enough. And also your sprites are completely Pokémonish. If you look closely, the caterpillar evo's eyes are weird. Also neat colours. Keep up the good work.

Silversnk

Valar Dohaeris
Years
They look nice. BW Style it's ok, there are some things that you should detail better tho, like proper shading. I understand that BW Style doesn't involve much shading and uses more solid colors, but these lack defined light sources and anti-aliasing in some parts.

The grass starter it's nice, but the first and second evo needs more darker outlines for the cotton, as it looks quite plain in both sprites.

The fire starter's outlines are too dark when they're not needed, and too bright when it needs darker outlines. That, in comparison to your grass starters, which doesn't blend very well as a spriting "Style".
The evos are really cool. The first evo needs darker outlines and more shading. The second evo is perfect, I love it :)

I like mochi and mamechi's design, the first one looks like Hamtaro and the evo reminds me of Klonoa, or a Digimon in some way. These two doesn't have many issues, just Mochi's eyes, maybe they are too cute (?) They actually look too rough, add some anti-alias to them.

Rollbug and Thunderbug are just fine. They need more definition in the shapes that are used. I can see Thunderbug's left feet are almost the same, losing perspective.

Scooterbug and chiefbettle's only have problems with shading. The light source it's not clear.

I really like Torayuki, it seems as a common evolved pokémon though, not a legendary. It needs some brighter (just a little bit) outlines in some parts.

Overall, your work is fantastic and I really liked most of the sprites.

LHT

Years
I added some new sprites and put the fakemons in a Pokedex with their names, to simplify. :)

I understand that you use BW style, but as far as I can see, some detail places need an extra shade or dithering. A slight bit would be good, but still.

Take a look at the Grass starters. All of their bushes need an extra shade and texture markings. Else they make it look sleavy and untight. Nice work with the zonal shading on the Fire starters, but the second evo will need touch ups, since my eyes can see right through the zones.

The evolution of the rodent, Mamechi's ears are far too displaced. They'll need a bit of pillowing.

Those are the only flaws. What I like about your work is the perfection of outlines. The concepts too are realistic enough. And also your sprites are completely Pokémonish. If you look closely, the caterpillar evo's eyes are weird. Also neat colours. Keep up the good work.

I'm disatisfied with the bushes of the grass starters, I still don't got time to fix them, but soon I'll do, the same thing with the fire starter.
I fixed (?), I hope, the ears of Mamechi.
About Thunderoll, I'm not concerned with just the eyes, the concept of the fakemon in design is perfect, but in Pixel Art...not so much, I will revamp him soon.
And thank you. :)

They look nice. BW Style it's ok, there are some things that you should detail better tho, like proper shading. I understand that BW Style doesn't involve much shading and uses more solid colors, but these lack defined light sources and anti-aliasing in some parts.

The grass starter it's nice, but the first and second evo needs more darker outlines for the cotton, as it looks quite plain in both sprites.

The fire starter's outlines are too dark when they're not needed, and too bright when it needs darker outlines. That, in comparison to your grass starters, which doesn't blend very well as a spriting "Style".
The evos are really cool. The first evo needs darker outlines and more shading. The second evo is perfect, I love it :)

I like mochi and mamechi's design, the first one looks like Hamtaro and the evo reminds me of Klonoa, or a Digimon in some way. These two doesn't have many issues, just Mochi's eyes, maybe they are too cute (?) They actually look too rough, add some anti-alias to them.

Rollbug and Thunderbug are just fine. They need more definition in the shapes that are used. I can see Thunderbug's left feet are almost the same, losing perspective.

Scooterbug and chiefbettle's only have problems with shading. The light source it's not clear.

I really like Torayuki, it seems as a common evolved pokémon though, not a legendary. It needs some brighter (just a little bit) outlines in some parts.

Overall, your work is fantastic and I really liked most of the sprites.

Thank you too. :)
About Thunderoll, I will fix him soon, and maybe I will add some details to Rollbug, he's a bit 'too-simple' for me.
Scooterbug and Chiefbettle are officially discarded, since I can't do them properly. :\
And, I will revamp Torayuki soon enough, so don't worry about that.

i love Rabburn, Flammop and Firabburn they're so cool :D

I like them too. :D

Back