• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Our first games?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
We haven't had a thread like this in a while, so I thought it'd be a good idea to go ahead and create one.

We've played a lot of games throughout our life. So, what was the first game that you have played, what was the first game that you've owned, and what was the first game that you have ever completed?

Shadowgate was the first game that I've played. It was a NES game, and I was able to play it while I was at my cousin's house with my mom. It was a very strategic game, so it required you to do a lot of thinking. The first game that I have owned was Tiny Toon Adventures, a game made for SNES. The characters in this game were quite similar to characters from Looney Tunes, since they were inspired by them. And Super Mario 64 was the first game that I've successfully completed. It took me a very long time to complete it, though, because it wasn't an easy task to collect all the stars.

TY

The first game i played was Red Alert 1, and i really loved it back then (and i still do ^^)
My first owned game was Tiberian Sun, the game that came after RA1 xD
And it was also the first game i completed

Years
For me, it was the PSOne platforming classic Crash Bandicoot. I recall it being so super-hard at the time I first played it, but I did start liking the platform genre for a while until I turned 11 and started my Pokemon playing career. Still a very memorable game in my life so far.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
The first game I ever played was Bubble Bobble on the Commodore 64. The first game I owned was Pokemon Silver and the first game I ever completed was Sonic the Hedgehog for the Sega Master System.

IggyKoopa

#429: magical pokémon
Years
The first game I played was Pokémon Stadium. First game I owned was Cruisin' USA. First game I completed was Pokémon Silver.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
My first game that I played/owned was Kirby's Dreamland for the GB. The first game I finished...Pokemon Blue, I think ^^"

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
The first game I played (that wasn't one of those children computer games where you go along with a story and such) was Pokemon Silver and Pokemon Gold. Got them both on my eighth birthday along with a Gameboy Color.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
First game I ever owned was super mario 64, never beat it yet. There's alot of those old 64 games I haven't beaten. First game I beat was Pokemon Silver.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
First game.., does Dangerous Dave count? Man, that was a classic haha, had so much fun with that when I was like five. Found it really difficult at the time though it looks quite easy looking at it now.

If it has to be a proper video game then probably Age of Empires II. I was really into it after my uncle installed it on my computer and I loved building all sorts of different maps with different heroes for different bases. I found any other campaign modes other than the first one (the Scottish one I think?) too difficult to complete though, and I didn't know about online multiplayer back then.

Years
The first game I played was Super Mario Kart... and the first I owned was Mario Paint (my cousin gave me his SNES, with the game). As for the first game I completed, that's a tough one... it may have been Pokemon Emerald...? Maybe? I played many games before that, but the majority I never finished.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
My first game I ever played was Super Mario Bros., which was the first game that I've ever completed too. Granted, at the time, I've played an NES game called Ice Hockey too with my dad~

Years
I can't remember what the first video game I technically played was, but I wanna say it was when I picked up my brother's Pokémon Yellow when I was 3 or 4 years old, and he set his Game Boy down and left the power running on it.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I honestly don't know the first game I ever played. I didn't have any consoles of my own until I was about 8 or 9 so I'd only play games very occasionally when I visited cousins who had consoles (and they lived in other provinces, so it wasn't often). The only game I specifically remember playing is a Mario Kart and... I guess it must have been Super Mario Kart since I remember being pretty young when I played it. I remember some other NES (or SNES?) game that I played co-op with my cousin once but all I remember about it is being reeeally bad at it and continuously stealing his lives. He was much older than me and I cringe every time I think of this because I must have been so annoying and he must have wanted to do anything but play games with his annoying little cousin. :(

The first game I ever owned (and beat and completed!) was Pokémon Red. It's a little impressive to say because for the most part I didn't beat games when I was a kid. I'd play them but never really get close to the endings. I never had that problem with Red, though. To be fair, it was a joint effort between my brother and I since we had to share the game (I can't imagine doing that nowadays with something like Pokémon) but I'm pretty sure I beat this game before I even got more games for our Gameboy Colour. It was also the first game I'd consider completed (100%) in my collection, too, since I actually filled the Pokédex including Mew for this thanks to my friends at school.

Years
I'm 90% sure that the first game that I ever played was Sonic the Hedgehog 2, though I remember being awfully young playing Duck Hunt with my cousin (both happened in the '95/'96 range). I'll go ahead and say Sonic, though, since it's still a game I love playing to this day, which is rare for a vast majority of games that I used to play way back when.

Nakala Pri

I think mine might have been Pokemon Stadium for the Nintendo 64. Everyone was ignoring me so I just picked up the remote when I was four and fiddled with the buttons. Man I was cute back then. xD

Years
My first console game (so not including mini-games/online games on PC) was probably... some iteration of Dance Dance Revolution for the PS2. That or Crash Bandicoot... I'll be completely honest, I don't remember the first console game I played, but when I was 8 or so I was playing those, along with some PS1 titles that I also cannot recall. My memory is so shot it's not even funny...

My first actual PC game (as in, retail/full standalone game) was Delta Force Xtreme. I'm not completely sure HOW I got that disc in the first place... But that marked the beginning of my FPS career. Albeit I wasn't that great at the game (I was 9 then), it was a completely different experience. Then, a year after that I got my first Pokemon game (Pearl)...

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 14, 2017
I don't truly remember, I've grown up around video games, so all the games I remember playing as a little kid, all those memories are probably mixed up and in the wrong order.

But it was most likely one of the games in Super Mario All Stars for the SNES. That was/is my mom's favourite. She played and replayed it a LOT, and she would let me have a turn, but I would kill Mario within seconds because I didn't know what to do ;n;

Years
First game I've played? One of the super old Mario games for the SNES, if I remember right. I used to play it with my grandpa and it was extremely addicting, especially as a kid since I was only about 5 at the time. It's also the first game I've ever owned. :)

The first game I completed was Pokemon Blue, of course, a few years down the road when I moved to the US.

Back