• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Do you play with 3D turned on or off?

s0nido

turn up the engine
Years
In Pokemon Y, I keep it off, since frame rates in battles drop significantly when you switch on the 3D. Also, most of the game isn't even in 3D, so there's no point in keeping it on. I do switch it on for the epic cutscenes, though.

Years
On full blast 3d here.. when the game decides it wants to be in 3d. *sadface

I'm hoping they fix the frame rate issues whenever Pokemon Z (and they better make a Z because it would be hilarious if they did) comes out.. cuz when its in 3d it looks a lot better imho.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
I keep it off during gameplay and turn it in during cutscenes. This goes for every other 3DS game I own.

beca

◔_____◔
Years
The only time I ever switch it on is when a scene looks really cool and I'm curious about the effects. I have to keep it off all other times because combined with some medication I'm on, it induces some horrible headaches otherwise xD gotta love having to stay in bed due to Pokemon, eh? ;P

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 26, 2014
most of the time off, when i first started i never saw the 3d effects vs 2d in pokemon but in most other games i do use it

Back