• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga What old anime you are watching?

Years
Is there anyone who watch anime that are finished and ran in past season? As for me, i watch an Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V (the dub edit) and Assassination Classroom.

And you?

(sorry for my poor English)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • U.S.
  • Seen Sep 15, 2023
In terms of previous seasons, I'm watching Little Witch Academia and Toradora. Glad to hear that you're watching Assasination Classroom. I finished that one recently and now it's one of my favorites.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
The last old anime I watched was Cardcaptor Sakura after I watched Clear Card and I wanted to rewatch/reread the series from beginning to end. Think I've watched a little bit of older seasons of Pokemon as well if that counts. Nothing recent though, as the only anime I'm watching in general right now is bnha.

Last edited:
Years
Glad to hear that you're watching Assasination Classroom. I finished that one recently and now it's one of my favorites.

Thanks, i am glad you like it. The story is nice, but the plot is hilarious if you ask me. Its an mixture of action and comedy, after all.

Also, i also occassionally watch old Pokemon anime as well, but not very much as often.

(sorry for my poor English)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 6, 2020
unless it's a favorite series of mine i tend to wait for a season to be over to watch any anime from it.

that way i can binge watch it!

Years
I'm thinking of watching city hunter or Re Monster. Last old anime I watched was GTO Great Teacher Onizuka. Totally recommend it.

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
Hikaru no Go and Digimon Tamers are my go-to when I am in the mood to binge watch older anime. Surprisingly though, I am thinking about watching Yu Yu Hakusho again.

Last edited:
Years
i'm watching the monogatari series for the first time. not that old just a little bit. went with the broadcasting order. currently at owarimonogatari. and tbh, it was hard to get into since it has too many episodes. but bakemonogatari was a good one, so was nekomonogatari and nisemonogatari. nisemonogatari was awesome but monogatari 2nd season was better. its an uphill downhill journey, there are times where i'm super interested or the opposite. but overall, enjoying it 👌

pkmin3033

I am currently watching Darling in the FranXX, which is not the mecha series I was looking for. Not at all. The mechs actually creep me the fuck out because they have anime faces. The plot is boring as all get out, the cast is obnoxious, and the soundtrack isn't very good either. I may drop it and rewatch a Gundam series or something...it's been a few years since I watched Zeta.

Afi

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 20, 2020
Fairy Tail. But for an old anime that I can watch time and time again, have to say slam dunk and POT

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
The last anime I watched was season two of The Slayers. I really liked it. Season three I also want to watch at some point.

pkmin3033

I am now watching Suite Precure, the best magical girl series ever made...which is also 8 years old now. Yikes.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I am now watching Suite Precure, the best magical girl series ever made...which is also 8 years old now. Yikes.
Kanade best girl.

In the local college anime club (which I'm still invited to because I'm an alum) it's pretty much all older series. Of our current lineup, Azumanga Daioh is probably the oldest and Yuru Yuri is the best of the 7 or shows we watch on a weekly basis.

As for shows I'm watching on my own? Well, how's this for old(ish) AND obscure? Binbou Shimai Monogatari, from 2006. It's a slice of life about two sisters living alone in a run-down apartment (mother died, dad accumulated huge gambling debts and vanished) and how they're getting by with the little money the older sister makes delivering newspapers. With a little help from friends and others that they know.

A really cute, laid back series - how did I not hear of this hidden gem when it first came out?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Currently watching Mob Psycho 100 season 2, and things sure took a turn after episode 5...and not in the way I was expecting. But this show is good, and I love the style of the animation.

...I'm also watching trash like Battle Athletes and Tsuki wa Higashi.

Years
I'm presently watching Anohana! I started it a week or so ago as I was looking for interesting anime on Netflix and I was pleasantly surprised when I came across it. So far it's been marvelous and I especially love how fleshed out and unique all of the characters are. It's such a shame there's only one season!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 3, 2023
A couple of days ago, I started watching Shakugan no Shana. It has this 2000s vibe, from its visuals to the music. While I'm not too keen on Shana's interactions with other characters, I really enjoy watching other characters interact with each other. It also makes anxious because I can see that they're setting up a heart-wrenching rejection scene ;~;

Back