• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Stuck in a ROM hack? Get help here!

Years
  • Age 118
  • Seen Jul 21, 2019
Help me I am play pokemon adventure red chapter and I'm stuck on kinnow island,I try to surf but there's invisible wall blocking

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 20, 2019
So i started playing pokemon adventure red chapter and im in the beginning when you first fight a pokemon and as soon and i use a move the game crashes im playing on nocash GBA emulator

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 22, 2019
Hey, I'm playing Pokemon polka aqua and I'm having a hard time finding Blaine, any ideas on where to find him so I can progress?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 12, 2019
Does anyone know where I can find dratini in Pokemon Mega Power? Would be greatly appreciated

Years
  • Age 53
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Hi, I want to play the Crystal hack Pyrite. I can get the game running, but I can't get past route 31. There are two trees blocking my path were there shoudn't be any (south of the guy next to a berry tree). In the original, there is supposed to be a path that lets you advance to Violet City.
Is this intentional or a bug? Did I miss an event or something? Help would be very appreciated.
(if this can't be fixed, is there a cheat code for walking through walls? I tried to restart, but with the same result)

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
I can't find a way in Silver's gym in Pokemon Glazed, can someone help me? I try first to beat the second fat trainer on the north and i'm falling everytime

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 20, 2019
hey you guys,

im new here.. i want to start playing some rom hacks, but i want to do it on my 2ds with twilight menu++ (already installed) is that possible?

thanks in advance!

cheers

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
hey you guys,

im new here.. i want to start playing some rom hacks, but i want to do it on my 2ds with twilight menu++ (already installed) is that possible?

thanks in advance!

cheers

What hacks specifically, and do you have CFW installed? For GB/GBC/GBA, you need New Super Ultimate Injector, that's the best option.

Twilight's primarily for DS games, it does have GBARunner2, but that is nowhere near as good as ROM injection through NSUI.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 20, 2019
thanks, i'll download that. i think i want to play blaze black so i wont need the gba emulator. and yes i have cfw installed

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen May 4, 2020
I have problems with edit the grass animation in nse. When I use the englisch firered rom everything works, but I prefer to use the German rom because Im from germany.
When I edit the grass animation + the palette and save it then the grass in game is buggy and use still the normal palette. pls help

Fotomac

Genwunner and proud of it
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 9, 2023
I haven't been able to progress with my hack for weeks now due to an unexpected error I haven't found documented anywhere else:

"getsectid: Unknown section"

Every time I try to address it, it keeps doing it, the only constant being the Terminal always yells at me about it at the next-to-last line in the main.asm file! What's going on?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 9, 2022
I haven't been able to progress with my hack for weeks now due to an unexpected error I haven't found documented anywhere else:

"getsectid: Unknown section"

Every time I try to address it, it keeps doing it, the only constant being the Terminal always yells at me about it at the next-to-last line in the main.asm file! What's going on?

This thread is for people stuck while playing a ROM hack. You should try here instead- https://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?fn=rom-hacking-center

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 1, 2023
Hello

Somehow when I play sienna the rom gets stucked when I try to walk out of the gym.
does anyone have a working version?

Kind Regards

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Just wondering, why can't I get gameshark codes to work in a lot of hacks? They work in the Roms that aren't hacked, but mostly in ones that are hacked it doesn't work. Then there are hacks that require the gameshark function to work for new features in the hack. Like there was a hack for GBA I played called, 'Pokemon Orange,' or was it, 'Pokemon Naranja,' what I needed to use a gameshark code to turn my Pokedex orange and unlock the national dex. But then the code didn't work.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 2, 2020
I am Playing Pokemon ash gray in john gba emulator and i am stuck after completing mewto mission. Ash's mom is not giving xanadu nursery mission. Please help i have tried 5 times the same game but result is same. Please help🥺🙏♥️

Back