• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
latest

I'm feeling super nostalgic regarding this show lately. Was anyone else a fan of this show? It was on Nickelodeon for 3 seasons. I absolutely love it and started watching it again recently for the first time in a few years. Everything about this show was epic. Everything from the character development to the music and scenery.

If you were a fan, who was your favorite character? Favorite episode? Discuss anything regarding the show here!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
One of the best cartoons in recent times, nothing like it has been made since. Toph was my favorite character, she was such a fun and tough character. Didnt take crap from anybody. Favorite episode, idk they were all good episodes.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Favorite character for me was Katara. Something about Water Benders that identifies with me(possibly because I enjoy being in the Water). As for favorite Episode, its a toughie but I'd probably pick Southern Raiders Episode where Katara confronts the man responsible for her mother's death.

Btw, if you like the original series, you might want to take a look at Legend of Korra. That series was also extremely well done.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
One of the best cartoons in recent times, nothing like it has been made since. Toph was my favorite character, she was such a fun and tough character. Didnt take crap from anybody. Favorite episode, idk they were all good episodes.

Toph was awesome. I wish I was like her haha.

Favorite character for me was Katara. Something about Water Benders that identifies with me(possibly because I enjoy being in the Water). As for favorite Episode, its a toughie but I'd probably pick Southern Raiders Episode where Katara confronts the man responsible for her mother's death.

Btw, if you like the original series, you might want to take a look at Legend of Korra. That series was also extremely well done.

Thats what I liked about season 3. Even though most were filler episodes building up the big finale, they were entertaining fillers. The Souther Raiders was an awesome one.

Yes! I've only watched the Korra series once, but want to again once I finish watching the original series again.

Years
WE'RE ACTUALLY REWATCHING IT RIGHT NOW and I'm pretty sure we just got up to season 3 - The Painted Lady episode? It was so good.
I really wish that Legend of Korra had 22-ish episodes a season. I know a lot of times filler episodes are the worst, but some of ATLA's best episodes are filler.

I loved the Avatar-origin story from LoK, too. The art style was so beautiful.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
WE'RE ACTUALLY REWATCHING IT RIGHT NOW and I'm pretty sure we just got up to season 3 - The Painted Lady episode? It was so good.
I really wish that Legend of Korra had 22-ish episodes a season. I know a lot of times filler episodes are the worst, but some of ATLA's best episodes are filler.

Painted Lady Episode was a good one too and was another reason why I came to like Katara as a character. To be frank, Season 3 did quite a bit of background development on Katara and several other characters(including Sokka) to where despite that it was filler, it really wasn't. The backstory filled in a lot of holes/questions and why the characters took the actions they've taken(such as Zuko switching sides).

Legend of Korra didn't quite do that as I see it and focused more so on the action and group interaction aspect. Anyone agree that Aang's grandkids steal the show?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Did you guys like the finale? I thought that the finale was one of the best finales I?ve ever watched. I feel that they did a great job tying up loose ends.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Well Sozin?s comet had several arcs coming to a close at once and the fact they all tied together so perfectly made for quite the memorable finale. Can?t quite find another series that matches it save maybe for its sequel series in Korra. The ironic thing regarding Korra is that they intended to only make one season of it....

Spoiler:

but due to the sheer success of season 1 and overwhelming fan requests, they ultimately made three more seasons that delved into the origins of the Avatar and its role in restoring and maintaining the balance in the world.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
I so loved this show. To the point where I cosplayed Toph at ColassalCon with the rest of my group. :D

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I so loved this show. To the point where I cosplayed Toph at ColassalCon with the rest of my group. :D

When one makes Cosplay claims, one must back it up with proof. I?ll understand if you don?t want to though(what goes on internet stays on internet).

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
Why thank you. And yes it would be Lin. My former boss helped me with this costume while I did the wig and headband.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years

Books 1 and 2 had 20 while Book 3 was 21 if memory serves. Seems to me you loved it so much you wanted more lol. Korra was much smaller by comparison but also packed far more into each Episode as I see it. Had more action and group interaction with minimal filler/backstory save for Skeletons in the closet in Season 1, the origins of the Avatar in Season 2, Lin?s backstory in Season 3 and... perhaps Toph in Season 4(can?t quite think of a filler in that season on command right now).

Quiji

Shining
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 6, 2021
but due to the sheer success of season 1 and overwhelming fan requests, they ultimately made three more seasons that delved into the origins of the Avatar and its role in restoring and maintaining the balance in the world.

It's funny to me that TLoK's popularity during season one was supposedly what gave rise to seasons 2 and beyond, yet season two was when the show's ratings and popularity began to decline.

Anyway, I love ATLA. I wish there had been more than just three seasons however. I wanted to see a post-war storyarc outside of the comics.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
It's funny to me that TLoK's popularity during season one was supposedly what gave rise to seasons 2 and beyond, yet season two was when the show's ratings and popularity began to decline.

Anyway, I love ATLA. I wish there had been more than just three seasons however. I wanted to see a post-war storyarc outside of the comics.

So basically the world struggling to trust the Fire Nation after 100 years of war, Imperialist remnants within the Fire Nation attempting to rekindle conflict and so on and so forth(including the prime years of Aang, Katara, Toph and Sokka rather than in Flashbacks via TLoK). It?s a nice thought but Aang?s story was ending a 100 year old conflict that he didn?t start but was expected to stop. With it now over, his arc or story was complete. In theory it looks good on paper but in practice, I?m not so sure. I?m not against it, but merely have reservations.

Years
One of my all-time favourite series!

Favourite character: Ahhhh crap. Okay, well, I love them all a lot, so this is rough. They're all on equal ground in my eyes, but as far as preferences go... perhaps Zuko? By about one per cent.
Favourite bending style: I have a definite penchant for Earth. Then it'll be Fire because that's just awesome.
Favourite episode: Maybe the one where they all head to Omashu? First season. Nostalgia value, man. Well, frick, I don't even know.
What bending style I'd want: Airbending. Defying gravity is where it's at, and my temper isn't compatible with boulders, tidal waves or infernos.
What character I'm most similar to: BUMI. I'm actually insane, you know, and I'm the most powerful Earthbender you'll see... then it's Toph, and then Sokka, but I do resonate with Zuko on one point - 'You rise with the moon - I rise with the sun'. Then there's the whole 'My father always said that Azula was born lucky, and that I was lucky to be born'. I was lucky to be born. Literally. I might have lost my place if someone hadn't lost theirs.

I've been meaning to pick up where I left off. It was about three episodes after Toph joined? Brilliant stuff. Quality all the way, too. Grew up with it, and I'm determined to move onto Korra as soon as I'm finished.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
One of my all-time favourite series!

Favourite character: Ahhhh crap. Okay, well, I love them all a lot, so this is rough. They're all on equal ground in my eyes, but as far as preferences go... perhaps Zuko? By about one per cent.
Favourite bending style: I have a definite penchant for Earth. Then it'll be Fire because that's just awesome.
Favourite episode: Maybe the one where they all head to Omashu? First season. Nostalgia value, man. Well, frick, I don't even know.
What bending style I'd want: Airbending. Defying gravity is where it's at, and my temper isn't compatible with boulders, tidal waves or infernos.
What character I'm most similar to: BUMI. I'm actually insane, you know, and I'm the most powerful Earthbender you'll see... then it's Toph, and then Sokka, but I do resonate with Zuko on one point - 'You rise with the moon - I rise with the sun'. Then there's the whole 'My father always said that Azula was born lucky, and that I was lucky to be born'. I was lucky to be born. Literally. I might have lost my place if someone hadn't lost theirs.

I've been meaning to pick up where I left off. It was about three episodes after Toph joined? Brilliant stuff. Quality all the way, too. Grew up with it, and I'm determined to move onto Korra as soon as I'm finished.

So the middle of Book 2. Haven't seen anything yet honestly. Rest of Book 2 and Book 3 make Book 1 look inferior by comparison(largely because I thought Azula was a better villain than Zuko and the fact Shyamalan ruined the image of Book 1 with his movie).

Kai

Wayfarer
Years
Favorite character: Iroh is my current pick. He knew when to be silly, balanced, or serious and provided counsel for the troubled characters he met.

Favorite episode: The Tales of Ba Sing Se

Back