• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

(multi-gen) The Ludolocke

Ethmya

Always changing.
Years
Ludonarrative dissonance: "...the conflict between a video game's narrative told through the story and the narrative told through the gameplay."

I planned to wait a while before I posted anything about challenges I want to do but everyone in the past gens subforum is making logs and lets plays, so I'll just jump right in.

The Ludolocke

Currently active players:
Ethmya, as Honest
Zemanahrad, as Jonathan
Disturb Not the Harmony, as Artin
Lrachelr, as Lucy
James and Eevee, as James.
Brewmaster, as Crystal

Rivals:
Honest and Crystal
Jonathan and Artin
Lucy and James

The Ludolocke is an attempt to resolve narrative discrepancies I, and others, experience when playing through the PKMN games. For example, we hear of all these terrible things Team Rocket does in Kanto. Beating a Marowak to death, stealing Pokemon from trainers, desecrating the graves of Pokemon, but we never see it. Whenever we encounter Team Rocket, they're a bunch of goofy, bumbling idiots that just barely function enough to be called a team.

This challenge intends to build a narrative out of the player's experiences, and real, fleshed out characters out of the player's trainers.

General Nuzlocke Rules
  • Only may catch the first PKMN in a route, unless the first PKMN is one already caught.
  • All faints are dead.
  • Challenge is complete once the main story is complete
  • The optional post-challenge is complete after the post-game is complete.
  • All participants are within the same "canon". We all exist at the same time in the same universe. Ramifications of this include:
    "Only One" PKMN may only be owned by one trainer. If multiple trainers want the same only one PKMN, a friendly battle will decide who gets it.
    No "Out of Canon" trades. This means players within the challenge may trade with each other and NPCs in game, but not out of the challenge universe.
  • 0 Intentional use of 'hard' glitches.
    o This can be subjective, but in general I will classify glitches in two different categories.
    o ?Soft? glitches, glitches that may be encountered easily during normal play, such as switching a psychic type into another psychic type in gen 1 to stop it from using psychic moves, using hbeam to KO so it doesn?t have to recharge, using Poke Doll on Marowak, etc.
    o ?Hard? glitches, glitches that will not be encountered unless you purposefully seek it out, such as the void glitch in DPP, Old Man glitch, Mew glitch, etc
  • Before the earliest opportunity to attain Poke balls, you may reset without penalty (for that sweet, sweet exp+early pokedollars) or continue without a game over. If you wipe after pokeballs, you have failed, and may not restart for this current game.
Of course, you should nickname your PKMN, but I can't force you to do so.
These rules are just par for the course. Now we get into the rules specific for this challenge.

Ludolocke Rules
  • Set not shift.
  • Until the post-challenge, you cannot box living PKMN. During the post-challenge, you may have up to 6 pkmn in boxes.
  • Cannot use items in battle.
  • Cannot leave a gym until it is completed or you wipe.
  • Your starter is randomly determined.
  • Master Ball is banned.
  • Every core game (and perhaps some fangames) will be played. You are not required to play every game in every gen, however...
    • In each subsequent game you play the son/daughter of your previous character. You may inherit Pokemon from your previous character after you reach the point in the game where all trade pokemon obey. You may inherit 3 PKMN for clearing the main story, and 3 PKMN for clearing the post game. Any PKMN from one game may be inherited to any other in that game's gen or the gen afterwards.
      For example, if you catch Mewtwo in RB, you may transfer it to Y, GS, or C, but not to RSE if you sit all of those games out.
  • Encounters are reset if you decide to brave the post-game, but if you start it you must finish or fail.
  • Shiny clause is not real.
  • Hax clause defo isn't real.
These rules are intended to increase tension and put you more on equal footing with the NPCs in the game, although you are at a bit of a mechanical disadvantage since you can't use items in battle, surely you are smarter than them!

The Actual Narrative.

That's all the rules for the game, but there are a few more narrative requirements I would like you to complete if you'd like to join! I'm going to be writing (and probably drawing some key scenes!) a narrative detailing the experiences of the players, so your trainer will become a character in the story, and you filling this out will help me write them well, realistically, and most importantly, compellingly.
  • Trainer name
  • Trainer age
  • Trainer nature
  • Backstory (Short, 2 sentences-1 paragraph. Where has your character been, where are they going, and why are they going there?)
  • Personality (Short, 2 sentences-1 paragraph. A concise, crash course detailing your character's personality. A list of adjectives is acceptable.
To enroll, just reply in this thread saying you'd like to sign up. You can either post your trainer info here in the thread or in a PM/VM.

If you decide to enroll, I will randomly choose a starter PKMN (with only PKMN that do not know attacking moves on start, such as Abra, Magikarp, and Ditto being excluded) and write you a character sheet that includes an analysis of your team core, suggested moves, suggested teammates, and a list of important match ups. Of course, these are all only suggestions and you may follow or discard them as you wish.
I've attached an attachment which is a word doc showing what your character sheet would look like, but if you, understandably, don't want to download a file from a random stranger on the Internet, the next post will show you what your sheet would look like, although it will lose some of its formatting.

I'm currently no longer accepting characters for RB, but you may send me a PM if you wish to start at a later game.

I can't wait to see how this goes!
~Ethmya

Last edited:

Ethmya

Always changing.
Years
This is what your character sheet will look like:

Honest:

Trainer name: Honest
Trainer age: 16
Trainer nature: Calm
Backstory:
Honest doesn't want to be the very best, nor does he really wish to be a Pokemon trainer. He just has a hole in his heart he doesn't know how to fill.
Personality:
Calm, cold, distant, aloof. Rational but occasionally abrasive. Has depressive episodes and angry outbursts, but generally good-natured. Wants to fill a hole. Doesn't know what shape it is.

Starter:

• Caterpie
Butterfree should be taught:
• Confusion
• Stun Spore
• Sleep Powder
• Supersonic
• Psybeam
• Psychic

Butterfree should have these Pokemon as support:

One of these: (Water types to eat rock and fire moves)
• Golduck
• Poliwrath
• Slowbro
• Dewgong
• Starmie
• Gyarados
• Lapras
• Vaporeon
• Kabutops
One of these: (physical wall since her def is awful)
• Sandslash
• Golem
• Slowbro
• Marowak
• Rhydon
• Lapras
• Snorlax
• Arty
• Molty
One of these: (psychic type since she can't touch the god psychics)
• Zam
• Slowbro
• Hypno
• Eggy
• Star
• Mime
• Jynx

Slowbro is the best core partner for Butterfree. These other mons are
coverage mons intended to patch their weaknesses. Any of them may be caught in any order.

• Raichu. Resists flying. Resists Electric. Neutral to rock. Redundant with Magneton/Jolteon
• Jolteon. Resists Flying. Resists Electric. Neutral to Rock. Redundant with Magneton/Raichu.
• Dugtrio. Resists Rock. Immune to Electric. Neutral to Flying. Redundant with the Nidos.
• Nidoking. Resists Rock. Immune to Electric. Neutral to Flying. Redundant with Dugtrio/Nidoqueen.
• Nidoqueen. Resists Rock. Immune to Electric. Neutral to Flying. Redundant with Dugtrio/Nidoking
• Marowak. Resists Rock. Immune to Electric. Neutral to flying. Redundant with the other mons in its class.
• Sandslash. Resists Rock. Immune to Electric. Neutral to flying. Redundant with the other mons in its class.
• Golem. Resists flying. Resists normal. Resists Rock. Resists Poison. Immune to Electric. A Golem coverage core means there is no decent move in gen 1 that can SE this team. Golem/Butterfree/Slowbro can literally kill this game by themselves, although it would be very tough.
• Rhydon. Same as Golem. Harder to catch.

Ideal team core:

• Butterfree/Slowbro/Golem or Rhydon.
• Butterfree/Slowbro/Raichu or Jolteon/Dugtrio or Nidoking or Nidoqueen or Marowak or Sandslash.

Important match ups:

1. Oaks Lab Rival: Caterpie is the starter and only has Tackle. Nothing really to do about that besides hope she doesn't die. Luckily, everyone gets unlimited resets before Poke balls.
2. Butterfree will straight up murder Route 22 Rival's team.
3. Butter Solos Brock. If they had Rock moves it would be a different story.
4. Butter solos Cerulean City Rival.
5. Butter will be walled by Starmie, so hopefully Pikachu is caught. If not, you have two options:
a. Sleep power and spam confusion
b. Sleep powder and supersonic+confusion
c. Sleep powder and switch to Graveller. This will be a hard fight and is one of the places you are likely to wipe.
6. Butter solos the SS Anne Rival.
7. Butter has no business being in Lt. Surge's gym. Let her sit the whole thing out. Graveller or Raichu can fill the void.
8. Butter Solos Erika.
9. Graveller will take the lead for Rocket Hideout's Giovanni, although Butter can solo Rhyhorn. She should not fight Kanga or Onix alone. This fight is easily wipable if you don't pay attention.
10. Butter has no business fighting Lavender Tower Rival's Eggy or Gyarados. Otherwise she is fine.
11. Butter has no business near anything that can blow up. Keep her out of Koga's gym. Keep Graveller in.
12. Butter can Solo the Fighting Dojo. You should have Slowbro by this time.
13. Butter should stay away from Silph Rival's Zam/Eggy/Gyarados.
14. Butter should be a high enough level to solo Silph's Giovanni, although Kanga can still psyduck her up with a crit.
15. Butter has no business in Sabrina's gym but neither does anyone besides Slowbro.
16. No Bugs allowed in Blaine's gym. This is Slowbro's paradise.
17. Butter should be able to solo Giovanni's gym.
18. Butter should stay away from anything involving Blue at this point, his team is simply too strong for her.
19. Butter should stay away from Lorelei, this battle is for Raichu and Slowbro.
20. Butter can actually solo Bruno.
21. Butter can solo Agatha.
22. Butter should 100% stay away from Lance. The whole team besides her will have to come together to face him.
23. Same with the Champion battle. It's a shame the starter cant really participate in the final main story battle, but gambling with her life this close to the end would be irresponsible.
24. Butter absolutely should stay away from Mewtwo. She shouldn't even be in the cave, let alone in his room. Her career pretty much ends at Agatha.

Attachments

• Sheet.pdf
    159.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Years
This looks really interesting. I think I'll be playing Leaf Green for Kanto.

Trainer name: Jonathan
Trainer age: 21
Trainer nature: Sassy
Backstory: Jonathan is magician from Laverre City. After encountering real ghosts(?) on Route 14, he decided to investigate paranormal anomalies all over the world. He decided to go to the Kanto region's Lavender Town to meet with local Psychics and Channelers.
Personality: Jonathan is smart, but overconfident person. He's always trying to act cool and cocky, even when he's on the edge of the defeat. He loves to go against the odds, sometimes chasing impossible goals. He's also enjoying attention of other people when he's performing magic tricks.

Is this okay?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 8, 2018
All right, I'll sign up.

Trainer Name: Artin
Trainer Age: 17
Trainer Nature: Brave
Personality: Rash, aggressive
Backstory: A young man from a dysfunctional background, he has a permanent chip on his shoulder and places faith only in his own strength. Wants to be "the very best" to prove those in his past wrong.
Personality: Cocky, angry, bold. Prepared to barrel through anything. Relatively mentally quick, but may have poor attention to detail.

I figure this personality will make it easy to explain any, er, misclicks.

Edit: If it matters, I'll be playing Pokemon Blue.

Last edited:

Ethmya

Always changing.
Years
All right, I'll sign up.

Trainer Name: Artin
Trainer Age: 17
Personality: Rash, aggressive
Backstory: A young man from a dysfunctional background, he has a permanent chip on his shoulder and places faith only in his own strength. Wants to be "the very best" to prove those in his past wrong.
Personality: Cocky, angry, bold. Prepared to barrel through anything. Relatively mentally quick, but may have poor attention to detail.

I figure this personality will make it easy to explain any, er, misclicks.

Edit: If it matters, I'll be playing Pokemon Blue.

Its totally fine that you're playing Blue! I'll be playing Blue as well.
You got Ratatta as a starter. I'll get your trainer sheet written up right now.
See you soon, youngster Joey.

Last edited:

Ethmya

Always changing.
Years
Artin

Trainer name: Artin
Trainer age: 17
Trainer nature: Brave
Backstory:
A young man from a dysfunctional background, he has a permanent chip on his shoulder and places faith only in his own strength. Wants to be "the very best" to prove those in his past wrong.
Personality:
Rash, aggressive, impetuous.

Starter:
Rattata

Raticate should be taught:
• Hyper Fang
• Super Fang (delay until 34. If evolve to Raticate, learns at 41)
• Hbeam
• Bslam
• Take Down
• Dedge
• Blizz
• Tbolt

Raticate should have these Pokemon as support:
One of these: (psychic type to eat fighting attacks)
• Slowbro
• Hypno
• Eggy
• Star

One of these: (Special wall since his special is awful)
• Slowbro
• Golduck
• Hypno
• Seadra
• Dewgong
• Victree
• Ninetales
• Star
• Zam
• Chansey
• Vaporeon
• Hypno
• Eggy
• All the birds

One of these: (physical wall since his def is awful)
• Sandslash
• Golem
• Slowbro
• Marowak
• Rhydon
• Lapras
• Snorlax
• Eggy
• Arty
• Molty

Slowbro, Hypno, Eggy, and Arty are all good partners for Raticate.

Ideal Team Core:

Raticate/Slowbro or Hypno/Eggy or Golduck or Seadra or Vaporeon (tanky in general)
Raticate/Star/Sandslash or one of the birds. (Sacs some bulcc for speedy Kos.)

Coverage mons

In team one (if not using eggy) you are super weak to grass, so you need a mon that resists grass. Good choices:
• Eggy, of course.
• Victree
• Vileplume, if you're desperate.

You also have a glaring weakness to Electric. Obvious choices are:
• Jolteon
• Raichu
• Golem/Rhydon
• Sandslash/Nidoking/Nidoqueen/Marowak

After introducing these mons to your team you'll have a weakness to ground. You could catch a flying type or something that resists ground (or just rely on your/another physical wall) Good choices are:
• Snorlax
• Dodrio
• Fearow
• All the legendary birds but esp Zapdos.

A team similar to Raticate/Slowbro/Vaporeon/Victree/Golem/Fearow will be pretty much untouchable in game and will render it impossible to get SEs on this team.

Important Matchups

• All you can do in Oak's Lab is Tackle. Do it.
• Route 22 Rival will fall to Hyper Fang.
• Rattata with Hyper Fang solos Brock.
• (Assuming you have Raticate by now) Raticate will Solo Cerulean City Rival, even without Water Gun.
• You can't outspeed Misty's Star but Hyper Fang is so good early game it shouldn't matter unless you get blasted by a crit.
• Raticate Solos the SS ANNE Rival.
• Unless, for some reason, you're using Dig on Raticate, keep him out of Surge's gym.
• Lavender Tower Rival should be alright unless you're not using Tbolt and he has Gyarados.
• If you used BBeam on Raticate he'll murder Rocket Hideout Giovanni. The only thing that stands a chance is Kanga, only because Comet Punch. A 5hit crit Comet Punch will kill Raticate. Its up to you if you wish to shoulder that risk.
• If you teach IB to Raticate then he will do fine in Erika's gym but why would you waste that TM on Raticate? Let someone else take the spotlight.
• Keep Raticate out of Koga's gym, don't want a Weezing to blow up on you.
• Why would you even put Raticate in the Fighting Dojo.
• Unless Raticate has Hbeam and you're a walking gen 1 damage calc, don't throw Raticate in the Silph Co Rival fight.
• Silph Co Giovanni has a better team and a better moveset so Raticate should sit this one out.
• No self-respecting trainer will bring a Raticate to Sabrina's gym unless they want him to die.
• Blaine's gym will tear Raticate apart. A burn will render him completely useless.
• Raticate, funnily enough, can actually do well in Giovanni's gym but a crit bslam will kill him so just don't.
• Route 22 Rival will tear Raticate apart.
• Raticate should stay away from Lorelei.
• Please don't.
• Unless you have Dig Agatha will murder your Raticate.
• There are too many Hbeams flying around in Lance's fight. Don't.
• Gambling with Raticate's life just for a cool story against the Champion is irresponsible.
• Raticate is probably old and dying by the time you get to Mewtwo. Let him retire.

Attachments

• Artin's sheet.pdf
    145.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Ethmya

Always changing.
Years
This looks really interesting. I think I'll be playing Leaf Green for Kanto.

Backstory: Jonathan is magician from Laverre City. After encountering real ghosts(?) on Route 14, he decided to investigate paranormal anomalies all over the world. He decided to go to the Kanto region's Lavender Town to meet with local Psychics and Channelers.
Personality: Jonathan is smart, but overconfident person. He's always trying to act cool and cocky, even when he's on the edge of the defeat. He loves to go against the odds, sometimes chasing impossible goals. He's also enjoying attention of other people when he's performing magic tricks.

Is this okay?

After a quick PM, Zem and I are on the same page!
Your starter is Diglett.
I will be back in a few hours and I'll write your sheet up then.

Years
Trainer Name: Lucy
Trainer Age: 21
Trainer Nature: Timid
Backstory: Lucy is very interested in archaeology and mythology from growing up in the Sinnoh Region so she has travelled to Kanto for exploration and learning. She wants to try and understand why Team Rocket would want to meddle in the creation of pokemon for personal gain and will stop them at all costs.
Personality: Lucy can be rather timid because of being more interested in her work than social interactions. However, she is fiercely loyal to her pokemon and will do whatever it takes to protect the once closest to her.

Last edited:

Ethmya

Always changing.
Years
Jonathan's character sheet was so easy as Dugtrio is a really simple PKMN with a really shallow, but effective, at least in the midgame, movepool. Here it is!

Jonathan

Backstory:
Jonathan is a magician from Laverre City. After encountering ghosts on Route 14, he decided to investigate paranormal anomalies all over the world. He decided to go to the Kanto region's Lavender Town to meet with local Psychics and Channelers.
Personality: Jonathan is a smart, but overconfident person. He's always trying to act cool and cocky, even when he's on the edge of defeat. He loves to go against the odds and sometimes chases impossible goals. He also enjoys the attention of other people when he is performing magic tricks.

Starter:
Diglett

Dugtrio should be taught:
• Dig
• Slash
• Earthquake
• Rock Slide
(these are subpar options)
• Sub
• Sand Attack

Dugtrio should be supported by:

One of these: (Flying type for grass coverage)
• Fearow
• Dodrio
• Gyarados
• Zapdos
• Arty

One of these: (Electric types to cover Dugtrio's main weakness, water.)
• Jolteon
• Zapdos
• Raichu
• Magneton
• Electabuzz

One of these: (physical wall since his def is awful, like literally paper thin)
• Slowbro
• Lapras
• Snorlax
• Eggy
• Arty
• Molty
• Cloyster
• Kanga

One of these: (special wall since his special is awful as well lmao)
• Zam
• Hypno
• Gengar
• Chansey
• Slowbro
• Golduck
• Seadra
• Dewgong
• Ninetales
• Star
• Vaporeon
• Pretty much all the birds.

Ideal Team Core:

Dugtrio/Dodrio/Jolteon or Raichu/Slowbro or Snorlax/Alakazam
This team is perfect. With this team (which would be quite easy to get, barring Pikachu/Jolteon) nothing in game can SE this team.

Coverage mons
This team needs no additional coverage.

Important Matchups

• All you can do in Oak's Lab is Scratch.
• Diglett can solo the Route 22 Rival but his defenses are garbage so you need to grind him up pretty high.
• Diglett can solo Brock.
• Diglett has really low defense so this first Rival battle, he should sit out.
• Diglett/Dugtrio will get mopped in Misty's gym.
• A crit anywhere in SS Anne Rival will kill Diglett so pls don't.
• Here he starts to pick up steam as he should be evolved. Dugtrio will 100% murder Surge's gym.
• Lavender Tower Rival should mostly be alright, only since the Rival's mons are straight garbage. Of course, avoid Gyarados, if he has it.
• Dugtrio murders Rocket Hideout Giovanni, except Kanga. A crit Comet Punch will kill. If he hits more than 3 times, once, you are in big trouble.
• There is no reason to bring Dugtrio into Erika's gym.
• You may think about using Dugtrio in Koga's gym, but unless you're a higher level than the gym PKMN, Weezing will almost always take a Dig and blow up on you, which will kill.
• Dugtrio can solo the Fighting Dojo.
• Silph Co Rival has several PKMN that will give Dugtrio a hard time. Venusaur, Gyarados, and Blastoise.
• Dugtrio should finally be strong enough to solo Silph Co Giovanni.
• Dugtrio speed ties with Alakazam in Sabrina's gym so will have to outspeed in order to win. If he eats a Psychic, he is going to either die or be really hurt. Otherwise, barring really unlucky crits, Dugtrio should be fine.
• Dugtrio will always win in Blaine's gym unless first burnt.
• Dugtrio will solo Giovanni's gym.
• Route 22 Rival is the same as last. Avoid Gyarados, Venusaur, and Blastoise. Otherwise, he is alright.
• Please stay away from Lorelei.
• Machamp is dangerous and if he uses Submission it can kill.
• Dugtrio should be able to kill Agatha.
• Dugtrio is so frail and will be murdered by pretty much any strong move from any PKMN whose name isn't Dragonair.
• It's the exact same but worse this time.
• No.

Last edited:

Ethmya

Always changing.
Years
After a quick PM, Rachel and I decided to make her character narrative-wise a girl.
Your starter is Spearow.

Last edited:
Years
This seems like some wacky good fun
Trainer Name: James
Trainer Age: 17, almost 18
Backstory: James ran away from his home in Johto a few years ago because his parents wouldn't allow him to become a Pokemon Trainer. He heard Professor Oak was giving away starter pokemon and today he woke up in Viridian City in the Pokemon Center. Guess it's time to start a journey.
Personality: Before battles will take time to plan for the fight, but sometimes forgets the plan in the heat of the moment. Somewhat funny(sometimes, be prepared for bad puns) and always tries to protect his friends, even if it gets homself hurt in the process.

I'll be playing FR or LG if that matters

EDIT: I also have no idea how to change the starters, so help with that would be nice XD

Last edited:

Ethmya

Always changing.
Years
This sheet was actually very hard! I realised I actually have never used Spearow in competitive nor in a challenge run in gen 1, so this is all theorycraft and speculation.

Lucy

Trainer name: Lucy
Trainer nature: Timid
Backstory: Lucy is very interested in archaeology and mythology from growing up in the Sinnoh Region so she has traveled to Kanto for exploration and learning. She wants to try and understand why Team Rocket would want to meddle in the creation of Pokemon for personal gain and will stop them at all costs.
Personality: Lucy can be rather timid because of being more interested in her work than social interactions. However, she is fiercely loyal to her pokemon and will do whatever it takes to protect the ones closest to her.

Starter:
Spearow

Fearow should be taught:

Fearow has a terrible, terrible movepool thats just barely effective enough to drag him above "Beedrill tier"

• Drill Peck
• Double-Edge
• Hyper Beam
• Double Team
(these are subpar options)
• Sub?
• Fly?

Spearow is weird. He has no movepool, a garbage typing, and no stats, but opposing PKMN tend to be biased towards Special, not Defense. He's better than Pidgeot but worse than Dodrio.

Fearow should be supported by:

One of these: (A Ground type to take Electric attacks)
Golem
Rhydon
Sandslash
Marowak
Nidoking
Nidoqueen

One of these: (A Water type to eat Ice attacks)

Golduck
Slowbro
Seadra
Dewgong
Star
Vaporeon

One of these: (A physical wall. Most good physical walls in gen 1 are Ground type.)

Golem
Rhydon
Sandslash
Snorlax (in general while running with a Normal/Flying, you should be avoid normal types but Snorlax is just that good.

One of these: (A special wall.)

Zam
Eggy
Gengar
Hypno
Chansey (same thing that applies to Snorlax applies to Chansey)
Slowbro

Ideal Team core:
Fearow/Golem or Rhydon/Slowbro or Vaporeon/Snorlax/Zam or Hypno or Gengar

Important Matchups

• You have Peck in Oak's lab so you should be alright. If you manipulate the starter to have Bulbasaur you'll have an easier time later.
• Route 22 Rival will be a piece of cake as long as you level to his level.
• Spearow can solo Brock.
• Spearow's defenses are just barely high enough for the Cerulean City Rival.
• If evolved into Fearow, you can take on Misty's gym but if Starmie crits you are in big trouble. If Spearow isn't evolved yet, just keep him out this gym.
• Fearow has the stats to take on the SS Anne Rival.
• Fearow will get murdered by Surge's Raichu. gg no re.
• Pretty much always should be avoiding Gyarados from here in the Lavender Tower until the end of the game. Otherwise, you should be alright.
• Rocket Hideout Giovanni will really, really hurt Fearow.
• Fearow will murder Erika's gym.
• Koga's Weezing will murk Fearow if he blows up.
• Fearow can solo the Fighting Dojo.
• Silph Co Rival should be alright unless he has Gyarados.
• Fearow will get killed by Silph Giovanni.
• Fearow will get killed in Sabrina's gym.
• Unless you know exactly which PKMN have Fire Blast and which don't, Fearow doesn't belong in Blaine's gym.
• Fearow has big problems in Giovanni's gym.
• Fearow has been rendered obsolete by Route 22's Rival's team.
• Like everything in Lorelei's gym will 1hko Fearow.
• Bruno actually have PKMN with Rock moves, thats dangerous, stay away.
• As long as Fearow isn't sleeping, he should be alright against Agatha.
• Fearow has no place staring down Dragons.
• You really shouldn't.
• Even an Hbeam from a level 100 Fearow won't kill Mewtwo unless it crits.

Last edited:

Ethmya

Always changing.
Years
All ONLY ONE PKMN in Red/Blue

Pallet Town Bulbasaur
Pallet Town Charmander
Pallet Town Squrtile
---> None of these are applicable in RB as we are not using these starters at all.
Route 2 Trade Mr. Mime (Not Claimed)
Mt. Moon Omanyte (Not claimed)
Mt. Moon Kabuto (Not claimed)
---> The fossils these mons come from must be obtained to progress, but only those who claim these will be permitted to use them.
Route 4 Magikarp (DEAD)
Cerulean City Trade Jynx (Not claimed)
Saffron Hitmonlee (Not Claimed)
Saffron Hitmonchan (Not Claimed)
Vermilion Trade Farfetch'd (Not claimed)
Celadon City Eevee (CAPTURED by Crystal.) (If you acquire this PKMN you may not obtain any of the Celadon Game Corner PKMN.)
Western Snorlax (CAPTURED by Honest)
Eastern Snorlax (CLAIMED by Lucy)
Route 18 Trade Lickitung (Not claimed)
Old Amber Aerodactyl (Not claimed)
Silph Co Lapras (CLAIMED by James)
Power Plant Zapdos (Not Claimed)
Seafoam Articuno (Not claimed)
Victory Road Moltres (Not claimed)
Cerulean Cave Mewtwo. (Not claimed)
Underground Path Nidoran (Not claimed) lmao i forgot about this one

Pretty sure thats all of them. Feel free to let me know if I missed anyone!

How do I claim PKMN?
Simply reply in this thread and say which only one PKMN you wish to claim.

What does it mean to claim a PKMN?
If you are the only one who claims a PKMN when you reach them, then they are yours.

What happens if more than one person claims an only one?
A dispute occurs.

What is a dispute?
A dispute is when more than one person claims a only one PKMN. If a dispute occurs, both trainers wait until they have access to the only one PKMN and battle for it. Of course, no faints are considered as deaths here. This can be done on Showdown very easily.

When do we start?
You can start now! <3

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 8, 2018
Okay, first progress update.

EDIT: WHOOPS. Sorry, I was writing the update and didn't see the latest post. For what it's worth, I am deliberately not claiming any "only ones", so I shouldn't be interfering with anyone else's roster.

Update 1: From Pallet to Rock Tunnel
Spoiler:

Team Plans:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Ethmya

Always changing.
Years
This seems like some wacky good fun
Trainer Name: James
Trainer Age: 17, almost 18
Backstory: James ran away from home a few years ago because his parents wouldn't allow him to become a Pokemon Trainer. He heard Professor Oak was giving away starter pokemon and today he woke up in Pallet Town in this nice lady's house. Guess it's time to start a journey.
Personality: Before battles will take time to plan for the fight, but sometimes forgets the plan in the heat of the moment. Somewhat funny(sometimes, be prepared for bad puns) and always tries to protect his friends, even if it gets homself hurt in the process.

I'll be playing FR or LG if that matters

EDIT: I also have no idea how to change the starters, so help with that would be nice XD

After a few PMs James is now part of the locke!
James, your starter is Nidoran. Lucky you, you get to pick which one!

Last edited:
Years
I just noticed that my team construction thingy only gave me five slots, is that meant to happen or should I have been given the options about my 6th team member

Ethmya

Always changing.
Years
You can fill the sixth, I just had no recommendation for that slot so I left it empty. A lot of times in nuzlockes you want to run teams of 4-5 instead of 6 anyway.

Last edited:

Ethmya

Always changing.
Years
Not at all! Theres five of us already but only one of us has started. Feel free to submit your character! <3

Back