• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Marble & Cobalt - Quartz

Status
Not open for further replies.

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
Years
Hi, this is my first anything regarding creating Pokemon games, so if I can get as much feedback as possible, thad be great!!!

Region:
This story takes place in the Ittao Region, a region west of Johto past the mountian line west of the crystal trainer tower(modeled after the real-world Chūgoku and northren Shikoku regions of Japan) The towns that protain to the Pokemon Leauge are colored red, while the other towns are colored blue.
IttaoRegion-1-1.png

PLEASE DO NOT STEAL THIS, REALLY THATS LAME.
ThreeRegions-1.png
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee50/JollyRoger25/ThreeRegions-1.png
The above map is the Ittao(westrenmost region) in corrliation to Johto(center region) and Kanto(eastrenmost region)
The "Your Region" protains to Sceptile Hero's Game.
Story:
As you begin your pokemon journey "interesting" events have been happening around the region. People vanishing, pokemon from other regions appearing from nothing, and sightings of ancient pokemon and legendary pokemon, have thrown the region into termoil. At the beginning, your jouney takes its natural course, but after the fifth badge the regional criminal cindicate, Team Dementional, begins to throw things off. As there evil plans begin to unfold the "interesting" envents become more frequent. Finally prusit of Team Dementional brings to Ancient Isle, north of Ittao. Its here that you stop Team Dementional from dirupting the dementional flow and battle Fluxagon and Stratikon. After re-establishing the dementions, you continue your jouney to conqure the regional leauge, and capturing all the known pokemon for the complete pokedex!

Characters: <Need Sprites, I find it hard to draw on the computer>
You: Male/Female, son/daughter of the regional professor (Standard names Male:Andrew Female:Kelly)
Rival: Male/Female, from the next town over,same gender as you (Standard names Male:Tyler Female: Patrisha)
Ally: Male/Female, next door neighbor, opposite gender of you, gives you information and items along journey (Standard names Male:Gregory Female:Julie)
Professor: Professor Snyder, your father, expert on Ancient and Legendary Pokemon, also regional pokemon box orgenizer(keeps pokemon in what he calls "Storage Field" out back of his lab)
Mom: Your father's wife and lab assistant, takes care of the pokemon in Professor Snyder's storage field
Gym Leader 1: Jason - Fighting
Gym Leader 2: Terrence - Rock
Gym Leader 3: Brenda - Water
Gym Leader 4: Jill - Ground
Gym Leader 5: Ozwald - Light
Gym Leader 6: Helena - Grass
Gym Leader 7: Timothy - Dark
Gym Leader 8: Ned - Fire
Elite 4 1: Ralph - Ice
Elite 4 2: Demitri - Flying
Elite 4 3: Allison - Psychic
Elite 4 4: Olivia - Steel
League Champion - ?????? - ??????

New Things:
New types:
NewType-Light.jpg
and
NewType-Space.jpg

New evolution methods: Elivation Evolution, Union Evolution
Elivation Evolution: To elivate, you need HM 08 - Levitate, this allows you to go to the sky map, battling only flying pokemon, and training spacific pokemon to evlove there, but you can only do this in pre-designated areas, like dive was on R/S/E.
The following is the Sky Map, the routes are the places you can use HM08 - Levitate
IttaoRegionSkyRoutes-1.png

<Notice> Some areas are only accessable after you aquire HM08 - Levitate
Union Evolution: This form of Evolution has been seen but not widely practiced in previous pokemon games. Slowpoke Evolving into Slowbro, in the anime requires a Shellder to clamp on to its tail, in the games it only requires leveling up. In Cobalt in order for a union evolution to take place, a specific type or pokemon has to be in your party to make another pokemon evolve, EX: In order for the Slowpoke to evolve into a Slowbro, you must have a Shellder in your party when Slowpoke reaches the evolution level.
Expanded Leauge: This took me a while to think up but this pokemon leauge will act more like a compitition then just a series of four battles. It will consist of three paliminiary battles each consisting of three pokemon per trainer. After these battles you will be moved up to the main battle series, which consists of two battles each consisting of six pokemon per trainer. After deafeting all that stand in your way, you then are able to challenge the elite 4. It is here that you get a time to heal but you are unable to buy any healing items at this time. Then after the you defeat the elite 4 comes you get a chance to challange the Leauge Champion. After defeating him/her, your are then delcared the Ittao Region Pokemon Leauge Champion. (sorry if its a little long)

Pokemon:
Starters:
Sprouton.png
Sproton(grass) -> Vinerow(grass) -> Weedragen(grass/dragon)
Matchrow.png
Matrow(fire) -> Sparkzon(fire/electric) -> Ingulra(fire)
Refet.png
Refet(water) -> Anmoni(water) -> Corale(water/rock)
Version Mascots:
Cobalt - Territho(dragon/space) - Dementional Rift Pokemon
Other Legendaries:
Fluxagon(dark/space) - Dark Demention Pokemon
Stratikon(light/space) - Light Demention Pokemon
Talbolide(space/ice) - Comet Pokemon (this is one of the "runner pokemon" that come from the deepest reaches of space)
Yenbolide(space/fire) - Comet Pokemon (this is one of the "runner pokemon" that come from the deepest reaches of space)
Heybolide(space/steel) - Comet Pokemon (this is one of the "runner pokemon" that come from the deepest reaches of space)
Mewthree(psychic) - Genetic Pokemon
Karity(light) - Evolution Pokemon
New Pokemon:
118 New Pokemon
Evolution or Pre-evolution of old Pokemon:
Porygon 2 ->Lvl up with Porygon in party-> Porygon 3(normal)
Eevee ->Lvl up with steel in party-> Sheeneon(steel)
Eevee ->Lvl up in sky map-> Kitreon(flying)
13 other Evolution or Pre-evolution of old Pokemon

I have the totals of new pokemon I need, but my imagination is tapped for tonight, if anyone else can come up with new pokemon for me tha'd be great.:D

Programming:
I am creating the game on the RPGMXP with alot of help from Flameguru's Pokemon Starter Kit. Thanks man!!

The Group:
Me - JolylRoger25 - Scripter, Map Maker, Owner, Head Director, Spriter
Seth the ROM Master - Scripter, Overworld Spriter, Mapper
Jynx Middata - Spriter

Game Status:
Just getting started
FirstScreenshot.jpg

Your Home Town (Note: Player character is going to change)

Please support my game
MarbleCobalt.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2010
So, your region map looks great, but I have started a project few weeks ago and it takes place west to Johto, too, and is connected to Cianwood City, so I think our regions collide. Hope you don't mind.

Overall, nice ideas ;)

vami2010

Beginning Trainer/hacker
Years
super idea very good 10/10.
especially region is very good bythe by how did u make that map

Mitchman

Banned
Years
OOO this is nice. But that lower landmass wouldnt it be considered part of an undiscovered part of hoenn. Otherwise this is looking great and since you got the basics-mapper and scripter!-this can become something. I hope to see more!

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
*shrug* I'm pretty sure that a new thread requires screenshots to be permitted to become a thread, but oh well.

The only real problem that I see in this thread that is sort of poking at my brain is that your
Region Map looks suspiciously close to Vavavoom's and Nevermore's Pokemon Gale. While a few
routes have been changed and the city types changed, it still looks fairly similiar x_x

In anycase, you've got some pretty good ideas going for ya :D I definitely like the Union Evolution idea,
very creative and also bringining elements from the anime.

I'd suggest using Pokemon Essentials Starter Kit with RMXP, but using it would be a hassle to completely
rescript parts of it for the Union Evolution thing. But oh well, good look nontheless ^____^

-- Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
Now if you can see, I presented a map above your Region Map, one that features the
same setup, the same colors, and even the same size... I kinda find this funny, not in a
sarcastic or mean way though D:

The Iouso Map is actually MY map and MY custom Sinnoh Map graphics made for my
old project, Pokemon NextGen. Yes, I am the Administrator on the forum you got this
from. The only other fangame that can use that style is Pokemon Weather, mainly because
I made there region map for them..

I'm not here to bust you out and start anything >> I'd just like a little credit and maybe
an ask for permission the next time you use something.

Last edited:

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
You don't need to change anything XD

All I'm asking for is a little snippet of credit if you use it. It's no problem really, since I'm not using
the graphics anymore myself : P

ryushin5

In College YAY! :3
Years
i like your idea of union evolution and i like the new hm move levitate that lets u train certain pokemon in the sky this game might be actually good

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
Years
Hey i like the game idea. But you said that Union evolution wasnt in any of previous games? but you're wrong. Think about how will you evolve mantyke into mantine. You have to have remoraid in your party. But anyway i really like the idea.

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
Years
this is cool and all but did you check the specifics for posting your game in the gamin showcase section, you need screenieries to prove how far youve gotten. ive even got screen shots on mine and im still not ready to post it in the shocase section.

edit: wichu: o it came from the hacks showcase, i see.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
SSD: It was moved from the Hacks Showcase.

Anyway, I like the map. Are you using poccil's starter kit? It could really benefit you if you did.

And there's already a Quartz hack and an Iron game. Why not have just Cobalt? Besides, there's not much point in making 3 different versions anyway, you may as well make 1 with elements of all of them.

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
Years
If anyone can give me a male and female caracter sprites for the main caracters that would be great!!!! Actually anyone who can do any caracter sprites is still needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back