• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Reborn [Episode 19-- Final Release]

Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2015
Haha nice bro. & I see you watch shofu haha. :3 But yea the second run-through is WAY easier cause you know what you're doing. I've been using pokes I haven't seen or touched in my last playthrough. (Note: Speed Boost Blaziken is OP,so is Iron Fist Infernape.)

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2013
Just started this game a few days ago. I must say, this is very enjoyable so far. Loving the almost apocalyptic aspect of the game. Adds an adult theme to the game. Also, just beat Florinia and I'm looking forward to knowing my character's main story. The daycare people seem to recognise me, and won't serve it..odd. Keep up the great work ^^, I'm hoping that by the time I get to the end of the game so far, it may be close to the next update.

Thanks for this. To be honest, I'm preferring this to canon Pokemon games so far. I hope it continues in this vein.

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2023
*sigh* I really hate that every trainer cheats... What I mean is, suppose your pokemon has a status condition. You heal it, and the guy status you again... and again... and again. Until you either don't use anymore items to heal it, or you run out. Then, MAGICALLY, it knows when to attack or just keep spamming it. :I

And don't tell me that's just bad luck, because it happened more than one time.

Just started this game a few days ago. I must say, this is very enjoyable so far. Loving the almost apocalyptic aspect of the game. Adds an adult theme to the game. Also, just beat Florinia and I'm looking forward to knowing my character's main story. The daycare people seem to recognise me, and won't serve it..odd. Keep up the great work ^^, I'm hoping that by the time I get to the end of the game so far, it may be close to the next update.

Thanks for this. To be honest, I'm preferring this to canon Pokemon games so far. I hope it continues in this vein.

Protip: keep talking to the couple. You'll see why. :V

Also, welcome to one of the best fanmade pokemon games!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2013
While its easier my 2nd time cause i know where i am going.. It doesn't change the fact i'm using a different team and i just picked pokes on whims. This ends up leading to a particular type of gym just being my worst nightmare.. Shade for my first run having 3 fighters and a psychic type, and Kiki for my 2nd having only 4 pokemon, which 2 are weak to fighting, due to the dawn stone being in the wasteland ._.;;

Oh.. I beat the guy with the Garchomp using the curse method (he missed around 10 moves between dragon rush and stone edge) was sad the story had me lose still :(

Last edited:

AmethystRain

pixie-powered judgment!
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
Also, if you go into the first, small section of the Underground Railnet from the right while on the bottom half of the railroad tracks, you end up getting teleported one space below where you should be.

Okay, I went looking for this and I must not be quite understanding. Could you get a screenshot? Just of exactly where it is.

Edit: I also have a curious question. If I find the file with the save file in it and move the saved file out, could I start a new game and be able to switch my saved file back in and out if I decide to go back to my current saved game? If that made any sense xD

Don't even have to move it; just rename it. c:

Site's back up for those who haven't noticed, but we did move URL's

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2013
*sigh* I really hate that every trainer cheats... What I mean is, suppose your pokemon has a status condition. You heal it, and the guy status you again... and again... and again. Until you either don't use anymore items to heal it, or you run out. Then, MAGICALLY, it knows when to attack or just keep spamming it. :I

And don't tell me that's just bad luck, because it happened more than one time.

Protip: keep talking to the couple. You'll see why. :V

Also, welcome to one of the best fanmade pokemon games!

Haha!Many thanks for that tip. I enjoyed the reference immensely ^_^

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
I downloaded this via google chrome and it says pokemonreborn.zip is not commonly downloaded and could be dangerous.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 1, 2019
I downloaded this via google chrome and it says pokemonreborn.zip is not commonly downloaded and could be dangerous.

I doubt she'd include some virus or anything with it x) I just clicked keep and opened it. :)

I also found a slight thing, I didn't want to post in anyone's ep. 9 bug threads and I didn't want to create a new one for such a little thing. xD But yay for Teddy being fixed <3 However on the last place or at least when he finally challenged me it starts to say Teddy fled.. ect and it poof'd, but then all of a sudden a wild encounter screen shows up and he challenged me. xD

AmethystRain

pixie-powered judgment!
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
That's weird! What place in the city did he finally challenge you at?

Anyway, Episode 9, for those of you who haven't seen yet, is out! First post should be updated c:

Here's the blurb from my site btw

A few notes about this. This is a much shorter episode than others- kind of like episode 5 was. Very story-based, no new huge areas to explore, not a lot of sidequests. However, there was a system update, and some other things have been added, so think of it just as the next story chapter + some polishing. I'll post the notable changes taken from the Readme below.

Another thing of note, however, is that I've pulled the Animated Sprites. They caused a lot of problems for a lot of people and lagged a lot of others and as cool as they were it quickly became not-worth. Plus when 6th gen rolls around they probably would've gotten cut anyway. Those of us with better computers might miss it, but a lot of people were struggling because of those.
a clever person might find that the files for download haven't actually been removed; only the link has. but the clever person would do that at his or her own risk.

Also of note: Before I start work on episode 10, I'm going to kind of do a restructure of a lot of things and re-release 9. The purpose of this would be to really try and cull a lot of the lag that occurs around Spinel and the City. However I've been reluctant to do this before because of how unstable this process is. It'll require a lot more testing than an ordinary release. So look out for release 9.5.

Download link is below, notable changes in the spoiler. Knock yourselves out, everyone!

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
Found a game breaking bug, challenged the first gym leader, electric type gym leader, and Veronica was outside (the person that tells you the plants are coming to life and attacking people) anyway, I had to fun past her multiple times mashing spacebar and finally it let me talk to her, then once she finished talking nothing happened, the game didnt lag out (I believe it doesn't) and then i was stuck ON top of her and i wasnt able to move unable to open up my menu with x/run/hit spacebar. Bascally, had to start over from my last save.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 1, 2019
That's weird! What place in the city did he finally challenge you at?

I honestly don't remember sadly and I couldn't find it on my other save file. If I had to guess from memory I think it was near the first gym leader's gym /:

I also love the Staraptor meme reference x)

Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2015
I keep getting this error when I try to start episode 9-
"Script 'PokemonOptions' line290: TypeError occurred.
cannot convert nil into String"

It appears right after the start/title screen then closes the window.
I thought I just messed up somewhere in the merging process with the update (episode 9), so I just downloaded the complete version (episodes 1-9) and it still occurred ._."
I honestly don't know how I messed it up. I'm hoping I didn't corrupt my saved file >.<"

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2023
Protip from a guy that can now evolve his Parachisu to a Staraptor (durr hurr):

If you get stuck in the Yugeru building (as in, the characters are trying to talk but the game freezes), save BEFORE the event occur. If the characters suddenly freeze, reset and go back to where you saved. Exit the building, and then enter it again, and save. Go to the characters and the script should work fine. :)

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
Found a game breaking bug, challenged the first gym leader, electric type gym leader, and Veronica was outside (the person that tells you the plants are coming to life and attacking people) anyway, I had to fun past her multiple times mashing spacebar and finally it let me talk to her, then once she finished talking nothing happened, the game didnt lag out (I believe it doesn't) and then i was stuck ON top of her and i wasnt able to move unable to open up my menu with x/run/hit spacebar. Bascally, had to start over from my last save.

Yep, is continuing to happen. No way around it. Have tried to get past this part 3 times. Only way to talk to her is to be on top of her and after that the game just stops being playable.

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2013
I found a bug which unables me from continuing inside the Tanzan Meteor Base, i can get up the first stairs after you open the gate on the first floor,Plz help me!:)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2014
Ok i haven't played very much of it yet but i would like to compliment it for two reasons. 1. Amazing characters 2. A epic soundtrack

AmethystRain

pixie-powered judgment!
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
Sorry about the gym thing, here's a patch for it

www.pokemonreborn.com/e9p1.zip
Download unzip drop in the Game's Data folder, overwrite.

Gonna patch main downloads soon.

@Lucario- Don't worry, that's not uncommon. There's a little not on the downloads page of the site but basically- load up your game in Episode 8, go to options, choose the default Speech and Window frame, save, and go back to 9. The frames were changed in the new episode so that broke it for some people.

Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2015
Sorry about the gym thing, here's a patch for it

www.pokemonreborn.com/e9p1.zip
Download unzip drop in the Game's Data folder, overwrite.

Gonna patch main downloads soon.

@Lucario- Don't worry, that's not uncommon. There's a little not on the downloads page of the site but basically- load up your game in Episode 8, go to options, choose the default Speech and Window frame, save, and go back to 9. The frames were changed in the new episode so that broke it for some people.

Thank you!! :D lol, it worked, now to start episode 9 >:3

Back