• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Questionable Ratings?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Have you ever played a video game where you just wonder... "how exactly did it deserve the rating of 'M' for Mature', or 'E' for everyone, and so on? Perhaps there was some factors in the game that you'd think the game should be at a higher, or lower rating?

For example, Ocarina of Time for the N64. It's 'E' for everyone, but... it has quite a few gore, doesn't it? Plus, there's the famous Shadow Temple. How many reports were there that children were shared of the Shadow Temple? Well, that's what'd think, anyway. I do believe that there's also some questionable 'M' for Mature games, which... aren't really Mature at all. XD

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Generally its based on what the game has content wise. M games usually have heavy drug references, expicit nudity, adult content, or severe language. Any one of these alone will put a game into M category. Most of the early games really weren't rated well as the rating system was still fairly new. Zelda was easily a T rated game.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I hate the M rating. There's a lot there could probably fit under the T banner, and then what's left isn't all that "mature".

Years
I remember the first Tony Hawk's Pro Skater was given a T rating on the PS1 (as opposed to E on the N64), and since I was only 7 or 8 when it came out, my parents wouldn't let me play it. From what I recall, the only difference between the two versions was the soundtrack, which you think Activision would've kept the same to have an E rating across the board.

Back