• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColbieCallaitPie

Yummy Yummy Groovy Pie
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2009
Game: Firered
Type: combination of multichoice, givepokemon, yes/no
Editor: XSE and pocket script
Script: Prof. Oak gives you six choices as starters(Charmander, Totodile, Treecko, Eevee, Tyrouge, and Ralts)
Problem: When compiling the script I get a run-time error :(

Spoiler:

BananasGoMoo

Pokemon Electrum
Years
Game: Firered
Type: combination of multichoice, givepokemon, yes/no
Editor: XSE and pocket script
Script: Prof. Oak gives you six choices as starters(Charmander, Totodile, Treecko, Eevee, Tyrouge, and Ralts)
Problem: When compiling the script I get a run-time error :(

Spoiler:
replace dollar signs with @ symbols.

$ is the old way.

Kyouya

"baddest of the bad"
Years
Game:Ruby
Type:yes/no,special.apply movement
Editor:xse
Script:when i click yes or no it doesnt come up with the birch bag and thats what that special is supposed to do
Spoiler:

ColbieCallaitPie

Yummy Yummy Groovy Pie
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2009
i dunno, is it working?

i'm not that great at scripting, but i know the difference between pokescript and XSE
yeah I just started scripting a week ago haha.

But it's still not working :/ could it be too long?

here's what the error looks like:

Last edited:

ColbieCallaitPie

Yummy Yummy Groovy Pie
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2009
well it IS updated. and XSE has more commands than pokescript. if you really want to use pokescript, you have to download a different scripting program, because XSE doesn't use pokescript.

haha, well I converted the code to XSE form, it compiled but I'm facing a new problem, the professor doesn't seem to give me a pokemon and the texts are broken off..

here's the new script:
Spoiler:

(note: I know 1e is the TM multichoice thing from Celadon, I'm planning to edit that)

monkeyman2092

Aipom Awesome!!
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2009
Hey thanks for fixing up my previous script. I've been scripting a lot and i've come up with a new problem! So let me first show you guys the script:
Spoiler:

So basically, i need to know a few things here. First of all, when you run into the script, you need to have a pokemon, obviously, or else you'll battle with a missigno, that part is good! However, i don't know which setflag i have to use, so i need a bit help on that. Also, when the script starts, Gary doesn't walk to you, so thats really weird. After the battle, he gives you the nationa dex, but i don't see the pokedex menu popping up! And last but not least, i need to know a command on how to make a sprite invisible until my script activates. And after the script he needs to be invisible again. How do i do that? Also how do you activate the rival battle and not just an ordinary trainer battle?

Just put all the talking stuff at the bottom.

justdieplz

Pokemon White Enthusiast
Years
Really weird problem....

I Have a problem with my script that is like this.

Code:
#Dynamic 0x200

#org @main
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x200
if 0x1 goto @end
msgbox @msg1
boxset 6
givepokemon 0x37 0x10 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
msgbox @msg2
boxset 6
setflag 0x200
release
end

#org @end
msgbox @msg3
boxset 6
release
end

#org @msg1
= Here, I have\n a present for\p you. Take my pokemon.

#org @msg2
= Take good care of it,\nand everything will be fine.

#org @msg3
= How is my pokemon doing?

It should be giving me a VULPIX Lv. 10, but instead I get a GOLDUCK Lv.16.

I'm using a Fire Red rom, if that makes a difference, and if my code isn't wrong, I would love a better rom that I could use. Just send me the rom. TY

Chileno4Live

«Step into the light with me.»
Years
Just put all the talking stuff at the bottom.

You're not very specific, what do you mean with talking stuff? The messages?

EDIT: I've done what you said but it didn't work, i got the same.

Spoiler:

I'll try to list the problems again and maybe someone will help me.

Rom: FireRed
Scripting program: XSE
problem: I'll list the problems here and i hope you guys can fix it:

1: Gary doesn't walk to you in the script, as a matter of fact, you don't even see him in the script, i don't know what's wrong.
2: Pokedex menu doesn't activate. I've set ''setflag 0x829'' but it didn't work. Whats wrong? What it needs to do it activate the pokedex menu and the national dex.
3: After you beat him, he gives you the national dex. After that, he has to say something and then walk out of the screen, but that part doesn't activate.
4: Everytime i walk through that script tile it says: ''HOLD ON!!'' So it doesn't stop the script once it has been activated, how come?

What it's supposed to do:
You walk out of Professor Oak's lab after you obtained your starter pokemon. When you walk into the script without a pokemon, it will not activate. After you got a pokemon and you walk into the script, gary says "HOLD ON!!" and he'll walk to you. He says he wants to battle you so you battle. After the battle, he's supposed to give you the National Pokedex. Your Pokedex menu should also be activated now. After that, he'll talk a bit and then walk away.

Now for a different question: How do you make sprites invisible until your script activated? For example, on the beginning on FireRed and LeafGreen, when you try to leave Pallet Town Prof Oak stops you and takes you to his lab. I want something similar. You can't see Prof Oak before you try to walk out of Pallet Town. And if you open Advance Map you clearly see a Prof Oak sprite standing there. How do you do that?

If someone could help me, i would appreciate that so much. Please help me D=<

Last edited:

Chileno4Live

«Step into the light with me.»
Years
I'd like help too. But no one can answer my question, I guess. :(

I know the problem justdieplz :D i'll try to make the script to the way it's supposed to be, here it is, changes in bold:
Spoiler:

Now it should work properly. I don't know how you got a lvl 16 Golduck, but i do know why it gave you a Golduck, just the lvl looks weird to me. Anyway, the hex number for the pokemon was from Golduck, so i changed it to the hax number of Vulpix. I hope it works :)

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Game:Ruby
Type:yes/no,special.apply movement
Editor:xse
Script:when i click yes or no it doesnt come up with the birch bag and thats what that special is supposed to do
Spoiler:

I fixed your script in the quote. The thing is, you don't get to choose the text that is shown with Birch's bag, you have to manually edit that with A-Text.
Changes in BOLD RED.

You may want to read a few scripting tutorials, and especially the guide that comes with XSE.
The guide that comes with, can be accessed by pressing F2 in the XSE GUI, OR, by double clicking the 'guide.chm' file in the folder where you installed XSE.
Next time nobody answers your request for help, wait until a few more posts are made, so that your request is one page back, it gets annoying seeing people repost a ton of times...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back