• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Expert Emerald~ FINAL BETA RELEASED (Project Complete)

Overall Hack Rating!

• ★★★★★

Votes: 756 69.3%
  • ★★★★

Votes: 230 21.1%
  • ★★★

Votes: 60 5.5%
  • ★★

Votes: 10 0.9%
  • Votes: 35 3.2%

• Total voters

Zetsubou Johnny

He once drank an entire bottle of windex
Years
Well I had already increased the power of Giga Drain to 75 (and the PP to 15) considering 60 was too low.. Initially I was going to add the Flamethrower/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt to the Eeveelutions at a certain level but that's something I need to do. I can easily implement Brick Break into the Lilycove Mart or something like that it's just something that didn't cross my mind, I'll sort something out so thanks for the ideas.

Those are all wonderful solutions, changing the damage of aerial ace or wing attack from 60 to 80 or so would also be wonderful. Not to mention making silver wind a more accessible move for bug types.

This might be the best hardmode/386 hack I've ever played. You've made the game difficult without being cheap, uped the AI and changed the move roster so that it's clever. As if theres a human player playing. Most of the time when someone attempts to make the game harder, they'll give trainer's pokemon max EV and IVs, make their trainers use unlimited potions and give them the strongest attacks possible. You didn't stoop to that. While fighting brawly I actually had to use skill and predict my enemy's moves as if i were fighting a human player. I love the variety of Pokemon you've given trainers as well as if i were in a world with human trainers who all play with interesting Pokemon and their favorites. You've done all this while maintaining the feel of an actual pokemon game which so many hacks lose. Kudos. I compared this game to Fire Red Omega, but this surpasses it. If i could give any criticism, it would be to make the selection of Pokemon in each area even more diverse than it already is, but I've only just reached the Trick house so for all i know that's not even an issue. Keep up the good work.

Also the eevee i got in the trade has no ability and the totadile you find on dewford can be re-fought even after catching it.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
Those are all wonderful solutions, changing the damage of aerial ace or wing attack from 60 to 80 or so would also be wonderful. Not to mention making silver wind a more accessible move for bug types.

This might be the best hardmode/386 hack I've ever played. You've made the game difficult without being cheap, uped the AI and changed the move roster so that it's clever. As if theres a human player playing. Most of the time when someone attempts to make the game harder, they'll give trainer's pokemon max EV and IVs, make their trainers use unlimited potions and give them the strongest attacks possible. You didn't stoop to that. While fighting brawly I actually had to use skill and predict my enemy's moves as if i were fighting a human player. I love the variety of Pokemon you've given trainers as well as if i were in a world with human trainers who all play with interesting Pokemon and their favorites. You've done all this while maintaining the feel of an actual pokemon game which so many hacks lose. Kudos. I compared this game to Fire Red Omega, but this surpasses it. If i could give any criticism, it would be to make the selection of Pokemon in each area even more diverse than it already is, but I've only just reached the Trick house so for all i know that's not even an issue. Keep up the good work.

Also the eevee i got in the trade has no ability and the totadile you find on dewford can be re-fought even after catching it.

Thank you very much! That means a lot. The both errors you reported are now fixed, Eevee has the ability Run Away and the Totodile is fixed, with the wild Pokémon you're kind of limited to spaces to fit all 386 Pokémon considering you only get 6-12 Pokémon in each area and I've mixed it up as best as possible i.e mixing typing, region etc. You will be able to catch all 386 by the end basically!

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
GJ Suicune. As I played this Hack of yours, I needed 20 savestates per Gym Leader I face. It's not that hard, but it's hard.

Hacker Bisharp

Bug reporter
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 28, 2019
Suicune well!
The hack is becoming more and more beautiful!
I hope not, and never forsake implementeraisempre more things.
By the way for me to make the perfect hack you should replace the ow of Brandon with a more updated and put some new tile.

~Hot n' Cold~

is too good for a title.
Years
Hey, according to your Wild Pokemon Locations sheet, it says you can only find Omanyte in Mossdeep City, but I've found two level 10 Omanytes on Route 117.

UPDATE:

Wattson... OMG. I just tried him for the first time and his LV30 Ampharos sweeped my entire team of LV30's (all 6).
PokéDex update:
Hoenn Dex: 44
National Dex: 86

Last edited:

RKO90

Legend Killer
Years
Hey, according to your Wild Pokemon Locations sheet, it says you can only find Omanyte in Mossdeep City, but I've found two level 10 Omanytes on Route 117.

And I also found some wild Kabutos in Fiery Path :P

Man, Norman's first two pkmn were quite hard to knock down (gotta hate double battles xD), but once I eliminated Blissey, Blaziken and Alakazam could sweep the rest of the team with some revives to back up :P. Lv52 Blaziken, Lv50 Alakazam and Feraligatr, Lv47 Meganium was my team there.
Now I'm grinding hard in New Mauville for Winona, I wonder if lv66 Alakazam and lv65 Blaziken is enough... should I really train an electric-type to get through it more easily?

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
Ice-types IMO. There are some good Electric pokemon that you can get after getting Surf.
Jolteon(my team lead when I fought the E4), Raichu(I think it can learn Volt Tackle now without Light Ball?), Magneton( I think her Altaria has EQ, so maybe you might want to get a Levitate Magneton.), Electabuzz(I've caught one when I started playing, but since it's useless at the start, I decided to box it. But it's a good Electric type when it learns decent moves.) Electrode( omg, this one is fast and a hard hitter, so you may want to get one. :P.), Ampharos, Manectric are also some good electric types and really help you in the end when you reach Wallace and Juan. It's up to you now.

blue

gucci
Years

UPDATE:

Wattson... OMG. I just tried him for the first time and his LV30 Ampharos sweeped my entire team of LV30's (all 6).
PokéDex update:
Hoenn Dex: 44
National Dex: 86

And I also found some wild Kabutos in Fiery Path :P

I'm sure I changed that earlier, they were the original locations of the fossil pokemon before I had them implemented into events, needs changing so thanks!

Beta 6.14 - Just a couple of location changes which have both been noted and changed on the Documents, also Roselia's power has been increased.

Last edited:

~Hot n' Cold~

is too good for a title.
Years
Just beat Wattson. Surprisingly, my MVP was Dodrio because of its fierce speed and its Tri Attack which OHKO'd Ampharos, Electabuzz, Electrode and Manectric. Blaziken also beat the other two (Magneton and someone else, don't remember).

Team
LV36 Poliwhirl
LV36 Pidgeot
LV36 Gloom
LV36 Blaziken
LV36 Slaking
LV37 Dodrio

Dex Info
National Dex 90
Hoenn Dex 47

MVPs
Roxanne MVP Oddish
Brawly MVP Pidgeotto
Wattson MVP Dodrio

I know I'm probably rushing but my Poliwhirl and Gloom are both Level 40. When / where do you get the elemental stones?

Last edited:

Zetsubou Johnny

He once drank an entire bottle of windex
Years
Man this game can be a pain when it wants to be. I'm at Norman's gym and his team is demolishing mine. I've always played by the strictest Karen rules so i not only play with my favorites, but i refuse to catch or train pokemon that i don't like in fear of wasting any exp on them at all ((I like a good amount of pokemon so it's not killer)) and i hate having two pokemon with the same type despite them being multitypes. So right now i'm fighting Norman with
A lvl 41 Gardevoir
A lvl 43 Swellow
A lvl 45 Blaziken
I've always said skill and method override strength and haven't had trouble all game long but this time i don't think I can just rely on that. So I know this makes the game easier which is exactly what you don't want to do, but is there a way you can speed up match call? Instead of fighting wild pokemon to lvl up, going back and fighting stronger trainers is much more pleasant

Also the hiker in Rusturf tunnel has kinda low leveled pokemon for that point of the game.
And you might want to take away all cutable trees in front of entrances or position them around the entrance because when exiting the player walks through the tree.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
Unfortunately, there is no way I am able to speed up that process, I have set the levels as they are set because I feel they have a right distance depending on their point in the game. I've changed the levels several times, increased, decreased and most times it never worked which ended up with people being over levelled which is what I didn't want, I think that I've got the levels spot on currently as nobody has been over levelled so far. Considering there are no trainers between Flannery & Norman I may decrease his levels by 2-4 and possibly Winonas but that's if people are still struggeling, Thanks!

RKO90

Legend Killer
Years
Norman is quite hard, yeah, but your team is really underleveled to face him, unfortunately you need to train with wild pkmn to get over him...

By the way, I got to the point when you face Team Magma together with Steven; you should give him a stronger team (lv 65-ish) since both me and team Magma were around lv70-75, that way it's more like a 2vs1 handicap battle :P

blue

gucci
Years
By the way, I got to the point when you face Team Magma together with Steven; you should give him a stronger team (lv 65-ish) since both me and team Magma were around lv70-75, that way it's more like a 2vs1 handicap battle :P

I was considering this but then the problem with that would be the levels would surpass Juan's way before you actually battle Juan which could possibly bring you over levelled, they're 2-4 levels above Tate & Liza which is around the levels you would be after defeating them hopefully.

RKO90

Legend Killer
Years
Alright. :)

By the way, how do you unlock the National Pokedex? My pokedex count is incredibly low because of that :P

blue

gucci
Years
Alright. :)

By the way, how do you unlock the National Pokedex? My pokedex count is incredibly low because of that :P

You just have to wait until you've defeated the Elite Four but I'm thinking of implementing a National Dex Script so you get it at the beginning of the game. Once you've battled ALL trainers and defeated the Champion your Pokédex should have every Pokémon recorded excluding legendaries unless you've already caught them. You can then use your National Dex to locate the Pokémon you need/want to catch!

Esp1222

Psychic Lover
Years
I really like this hack. I started one file with my favorite Hoenn starter, Torchic, but found Wattson to be way to powerful for the team I had. I ended up restarting with a Swampert, and now I'm pretty far. However, I want to start a new file that doesn't use the starter. I may post my team here every once in a while like ~Hot n' Cold~ is doing. That's if it's okay with you.

wilso

Grass Master
Years
yer wattson can be a pain at times plus i ditched my starter to i mean no use of them i guess because of all the other pokes u can get

Back