• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen 3DS DLC for Pokemon?

blue

gucci
Years
For those of you with a 3DS you will be aware of the Downloadable Content feature allowing you to add extra content to the game such as aesthetic changes.

Do you think there will be DLC for these two games, If so how do you think it will effect them?

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
I'll hope is just pure aesthetic, not like "buy DLC to unlock Pokemon or Key Item X"
That'll be a load of bull. I don't have problem with cosmetic DLC. Just, stay away from gameplay changing DLC.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
There will probably be DLC in the games, but mostly just perk items. Like the poster above me said, having to download essential items in order to complete the game would be utterly ridiculous.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
I think if they have DLC it could be a lot like the Dream World additions. New furniture, houses, dolls etc, or even new habitats to find Pokemon in. But that's just me hoping for secret bases to return, lmao.

Years
DLC will be event Pokemon and some new items. I haven't really seen them do much DLC, but with the 3DS, they could give it a go, so you never know.​

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2016
Oh god no, please no DLC. I hope, really hope, they don't do DLC. But given video games pattern nowadays, it is almost inevitable.

Years
I could see them doing event Pokemon/items as DLC. It wouldn't be the first 3DS game to do it (Fire Emblem Awakening comes to mind). So long as it's free, I'd be okay with it.

Years
hopefully if they do add dlc, it would be a. free and b. something that lets me customize the trainer's appearance. B2W2 was sorely missing trainer customization, especially after the addition of PokeStar Studios and its costumes.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
It would be cool if they released the WiFi event Pokemon as DLC afterwards, so in case you miss an event, you can later download a DLC (for free or a small price). It really sucks when you buy the game too late and miss an event Pokemon you really wanted to have.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
If aesthetic changes are on the agenda then I reckon you might be able to get DLC of new outfits for the players (maybe even seasons based) which would be great in my opinion.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Given that the 3DS has yet to be hacked, it would be safe for GF to add on-cartridge DLC without anyone knowing that Pokemon XY has more DLC content than ever other than event Pokemon or items.

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
you can buy pokemon maybe? like for a dollar you could get a second starter? i don't know but its gonna be awesome!

MudkipBoy

Ruby/Sapphire Veteran
Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2024
I would cry if I had to pay extra for different pokemon

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2013
I'd like some event Pokemon. I also have an idea: free DLC that lets you choose one previous region to travel to, with all routes, gyms, etc. accessible, but you can only choose ONE.
I'd choose Hoenn :D

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
What I'd like to see:
Pokémon Box Wall papers
Costumes and outfits
Poké Seals; needs a comeback and needs some legit ones from nintendo and gamefreak
Exclusive event pokemon
Exclusive trainer Battles; like past trainers
What I don't want to see:

Anything that will affect the gameplay majorly like blocking roads, locking gyms, missing out pokemon.

Nintendofox3d

Watch Pokemon Cyclone Saga!!
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2014
i swear if they add DLC i will be so mad...because i would have spended all my money on it...

Back