• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Headbutt, Honey, Shakin' Grass...

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Through out the main stream pokemon games, there was always new innovative ways to easily find rarer pokemon. For example, in Gen 2, we were able to Headbutt trees in order for certain pokemon to fall out. In Gen 4, we've received Honey, where we can smear the Honey on trees in order to attract pokemon. In Gen 5, sometimes we can hear and see patches of grass that are shaking, in which when we go to the shaking grass, a new encounter music plays, and out comes a rare pokemon (usually Audino).

So, my question is, would you like to see any of these methods return to Gen 6? Would you like to see new methods of finding pokemon? What new methods would there be?

For example, an idea that I've had could be natural pokemon affinity (not just abilities ie. Static) but, say you've got a Zangoose. There can be more of a chance of finding a Seviper, because Zangoose and Seviper are natural enemies that would sense each other from a mile away.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I want to see the return of Honey as well, it pretty much is useless in B2W2, might as well use sweetscent.
I'll like them to add another kind of special grass but for shinies.

blue

gucci
Years
Out of the three I preferred the Shaking Grass, The Honey Trees were too time consuming and Headbutting tree's were okay but it got boring after several tries.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
The Phenomena (rustling grass, rippling water, dust clouds, and Flying Pokemons' shadows) is something I'd especially love to see again. I always find it fun to go straight for any of them, even if I don't need the Pokemon in 'em XD; Headbutt's something I wouldn't mind seeing again either, though I definitely wouldn't want that over Phenomena. As for Honey, well... Nah. It was a cute idea, but I didn't really like it :X

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
I hope there's a new free rare candy pokemon other then Audino

I like the shaking grass

Years
Something similar to shaking grass/dust clouds/etc. please. It works really well and you don't have to go to your bag for an item or have a specific move learned by one of your party Pokemon. It's really the most efficient thing they've done so far. If they could improve on it, that is, make it even more convenient (such as making shaking grass contain more than 90% Audino) I'd hope they'd do that for these games.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I hope that this in included again, but with more pokemon appearing in the grass/dust/etc. maybe rare pokemon too, that would make it so it's not always Basculin or Audino or stuff xD

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'd like shaking grass to return! It was neat. :) And I wouldn't mind Headbutt trees returning. Just no Honey Trees. XD Please none of that mess.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I think there might actually be an entirely new way of encountering Pokémon. So instead of Headbutting or putting Honey on the trees... I'd like to see something like a Pokémon feeding spot, alot like the ones in Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness. It surely would allow you to capture certain Pokémon that can only be caught this way. :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
Dear Arceus, no more honey! Honey was an absolutely terrible time trap. Bring back ANYTHING but the honey!

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I seriously hated the Honey trees but I don't mind headbutting trees or walking into shaking grass. It'd be cool to see the return of shaking grass.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
shaking and dark grass

I actually really liked the feature in B/W, btu it needed a lot of fixing. remove audino or make it a hell of a lot less common, add dark areas to caves and aceans (mud for caves and jsut use the dive spots for oceans), make dust clouds spawn more then just drilber and excadrill.

Usually every gen they throw in a new gimmick but this one works much better than the pokeradar and the radio and the dual slot system.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'd rather we kept what we had in B2/W2 and just added back Headbutting trees. Dust clouds, water spouts and shaking grass were awesome (although dust cloulds were sometimes annoying but still). I don't really think there needs to be new extra ways to find mons as I like what we have already :( Unless Pokemon randomly appeared in whirlpools or underwater, idk.

Back